Question For Today- Bad Parking

By DB
With the holidays upon us we will be heading out to do our Christmas and other seasonal event shopping. Which brings me to today's question, what is your opinion of drivers who do a bad job of parking? You know, the ones in multiple spaces who have expensive cars and are protecting their vehicle from dings. Or maybe drivers who have no spatial ability who parked their car against your bumper. What can you do to protect your car against those bad parking jobs? Have you seen anyone whose car was unusally parked? What did it look like? Have you ever had an incident with someone who damaged or dinged your car due to bad parking? Photo- google images/youtube.com
I stink at parking. I takes me a few tries to get it right. I park as far away from other cars as possible to save my car and the car of any foolish person who parks next to mine.
Ha, Ha! How considerate. At least you know your limitations
If there is plenty of parking. head over to free and clear space. The worst are those who park hugging the line causing a tight squeeze.
Definitely a good policy to follow!
Some parking areas give you very little room to park in the first place and if a car is positioned badly, it can be difficult to park at all.
That is true! Some space lines are so close together it is difficult not to touch another car when opening your door.
@dgobucks226 Some of the modern cars have quite wide doors too.
@JudyEv Yes, just bought a new car and mine seems wider, so I'll have to be extra careful.
I can't remember this happening to me thankfully but I did hear about a lame parking job from a coworker who got stuck until the owner of the other car finally showed up. Too bad she couldn't have sued him.
I have had cars parked so close I had difficulty going forward or back to get out. That is frustrating!
I don't know what makes people so discourteous @dgobucks226 it's just not necessary.
@rebelann Very true! It's hard to put a finger on, but it seems to be an entitled, self-centered attitude. They just don't care how their actions might affect others, as long as it works out for them.
@kobesbuddy (19749)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Actually, yes except we were parked and the lady was driving at our car, then smashed into us. Her excuse, 'I'm not use to driving this car, it's not mine, it's my daughter's!' So, did that fix the rear-end of our car? Nope, her daughter's insurance company did!
People really come up with ridiculous excuses for something that is their fault sometimes
@kobesbuddy (19749)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@dgobucks226 That was our experience, in a parking lot.
I have a lot of anxiety for parking. I sometimes need to back up and pull up a few times, but I never leave my car parked terribly wrong. I've had a few scrapes here and there, but my car is ten years old, so I just don't worry about it.
What we worry, lol.
Parking spaces are too narrow and the cars are every year bigger, even if you do your best, most of the time you are obliged to be very close to the other car. You can pay attention when you open the door to avoid to damage the narrowing cars.
I always try to make sure my door can open without touching the other vehicle. If my doors are good then it should be safe the other person's door won't hit my car. Of course, sometimes you do not have that opportunity..
@dgobucks226 You know, we always open the door carefully, I have seen people opening their doors as they were alone in the parking. Lack of common sense.
@LadyDuck I was in my car one time and someone pulled next to me in the parking lot. He paid no attention to me being in the car and opened his door into mine. I gave him the dirtiest look, and he quickly close his door and headed off to the store. I was so surprised and angry at the same time
It's idiotic. I don't know what can be done. Report it when things happen I guess. I had gone with the kids to Target one time and some people pulled in to a space in front of me and parked after we had gone in the store. When I came out with the kids they were standing by the cars. They said I had hit their car when I parked. No one was parked in front of me when we parked. They kept on for a few minutes about me hitting their car. Until they realized I wasn't going for it. Some people really have their nerve. We can't let them get it over on us.
Amazing what some people will try to get away with? I always worry about where I should park when shopping. You never really feel you car is safe!
@dgobucks226 ......I know. It's a sign of the times I guess.
We see bad parking here all the time
Mall parking can be very bad!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I had an incident where a driver parked so close to me, that I had to get into the car through the passenger side, but no ding on my car.
I've had that same experience Hope your weekend is going well Catherine!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 , so inconsiderate of them . My weekend was busy but fine. I hope yours went well too!
@bluesa Nice weekend, but holidays mess up my schedule with Thanksgiving I kept thinking the next day was either Saturday or Sunday
I see people parked like that all the time.
I do to! Have you seen this one? photo- you tube.com
@dgobucks226 - No, I have not seen that one. Wow.
@teamfreak16 Creative parking 101!
@Fleura (6230)
People who can't park are one of my pet hates. In the photo the car on the left is the one in the wrong because they are right over the line; in some car parks here they would be ticketed for not parking within the marked space.
Now that would be a good way to control bad parking The worst offenders in the U.S. are people who shop in the malls.
@ebanreb (4835)
Many people are not concern the way they park their vehicles. hahaha stupidity sometimes lol
You are so right bernabe!
Yes, I have seen a few and I think they should park better lol
Agree!