Favorite Highway Songs - Volume 1

By DB
Trivia time! New theme, a chance to test out or learn a little music knowledge. Here are today's songs that use a road term as part of the title. See if you recall the name of the songs and artists? See if you know what the songs might have in common. Listen to this sample video to get the first clue and common theme/titles of the music trivia: Video Fun Facts: -Human Highway is a 1982 American comedy film starring and co-directed by Neil Young under his pseudonym Bernard Shakey. Dean Stockwell co-directed the film with Young. -Stockwell who also appeared in this film was nominated for an Academy Award for another movie with his performance in "Married To The Mob" which also starred Michelle Pfeiffer and Matthew Modine. -Human Highway was on the 1976 "Comes A Time" album a song originally presented to CSNY in 1974 which never came about. (Remember that listening to the video provides a clue) Good Luck!!! Here are your clues for these "Chestnuts:" 1. A popular song from their second album Toulouse Street, which also featured a hit "Listen To The Music." The tune is about being in a car with the top down flying down the road. The track was released in 1972. This album added a second drummer to the group to provide a twin drummer sound. This track really rocks! 2. The artist got the idea for this song from a road sign he saw just north of Phoenix, Arizona. The woman Anne in the tune's lyric was the singer's girlfriend when he was 22. The song charted at # 10 and was a follow up single to this singer-songwriter's only # 1 U.S. hit. The performer's sound is centered on his baritone voice and 12-string guitar. 3. The title of this song is simply a place no one wants to wind up. This Australian hard rock band released this track on their 1979 album of the same name. It was the last to feature their lead singer who died the following year. In the film School of Rock Jack Black teaches the riff to the guitarist in the band. I appreciate all who participate and you know what I say...as always, Thanks for playing! Hope these songs brought back a pleasant memory for some...Use those clues!!!! *Bio info from Wikipedia and songfacts.com Photo- google images/music
Neil Young and Promise of the Real perform "Human Highway" at Farm Aid 2017 at KeyBank Pavilion in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania, on September 16. Farm Aid was ...
@kobesbuddy (19668)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I don't have a youtube account. The only song I can think of about a road is John Denver's song, 'Country Road.'
Very nice guess Kharla and possibly a future road song! Sorry about the video let me see if I can fix that. Anyway, here are the answers... Trivia Answers: 1. Rockin Down The Highway- Doobie Brothers 2. Carefree Highway- Gordon Lightfoot 3. Highway to Hell- AC/DC All songs about highways...
I do not own Track 8 on album Sundown (1974)
@kobesbuddy (19668)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@dgobucks226 What about 'Highway to Heaven!' George Harrison
@kobesbuddy Nice suggestion and George is my favorite Beatle!
@aureliah (3867)
Roll with me boyz II men
Boys to who????? Just kidding!
@aureliah (3867)
@dgobucks226 hahaha boys to men
@aureliah Are they still making music?
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Okay, um, I think I know one out of these... "Highway To Hell" "AC/DC" , the rest I am not at all certain of.
# 3 is correct "C." As we all know this saying by now 1 is better than none. Trivia Answers: 1. Rockin Down The Highway- Doobie Brothers 2. Carefree Highway- Gordon Lightfoot 3. Highway to Hell- AC/DC All songs about highways... A video treat for a correct response:
Highway To Hell: Buy/Listen - https://lnk.to/ACDChth!ythth About the album: Highway to Hell is AC/DC's fifth internationally released studio album and the si...
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 . Thank you! A very cool treat!
@FourWalls (9960)
#1. I’ve mentioned before that there are two phases of that band: the era that produced that rockin’ song, and the Michael McDonald era. While there are MM-era songs I do like, I feel overall like he turned them into a pop band, so I like the other era better. Oh, well, gotta keep on movin’ or I’ll lose my mind. #2: Her name was Anne? I’ll be damned if I recall her face! I finally got to see him in concert a couple of years ago. He was nowhere near as handsome as he was back then when this was a hit (but heck, he was 77 at the time), but I was still thrilled to get to see that living legend and Canadian national treasure. #3. Well, they did have a song before that album came out titled “Hell Ain’t a Bad Place to Be”.....
Totally agree with your viewpoint on #1. #2, wish I had seen him in concert in his prime. What a treat to have seen that Canadian minstrel play Really enjoy the stories he weaves in his songs! #3 AC/DC had a fascination with Hell didn't they? See Hells Bells, lol.
I think I have number 3, because it's a place no wants to wind up--Highway to Hell. Sorry, that's all I've got.
It's ok! Always nice to get one on a trivia quiz. And you know what they say 1 is better than none! Trivia Answers: 1. Rockin Down The Highway- Doobie Brothers 2. Carefree Highway- Gordon Lightfoot 3. Highway to Hell- AC/DC All songs about highways...
Rockin' Down the Highway Doobie Brothers Fourwalls will know this in a flash: Carefree Highway Gordon Lightfoot Highway to Hell AC/DC
"Rockin' Down the Highway" Doobie Brothers, "Highway to Hell" AC/DC.
Meatloaf loves your consistency- 2 out of 3 ain't bad #2 was Gordon Lightfoot/Carefree Highway. All songs about highways...
@Deepizzaguy (7605)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The song "Highwayman" that was penned by Jimmy Webb has been recorded by several artists.
Webb has written many good songs. A couple very good ones recorded by Glen Campbell
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
@dgobucks226 Jimmy Webb is one of the best songwriters of all time.
@Deepizzaguy Yes Sir!
Gordon Lightfoot. Of course. Duh!
I always say the same type thing when I do the trivia quiz and I don't know or get it wrong. Usually it's...right or oh yeah Well, mystery solved till next quiz...