Needing to take a bit of a break

@CoralLevang (40746)
I hope everybody that celebrated had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. And now we're all on our way to Christmas and the new year. I think I need to take a break. I have a guest coming in next week and I've other things happening with the holidays. I need to concentrate on getting the upstairs of my home now cleared, so I can get back to working in the garage. I will probably get a discussion or two and then I will try to keep up with notifications as I can, but I need to stay busy. The holidays are a very Bittersweet time for me. Yesterday was no exception. I will say that I did not hear from my daughter at all yesterday. I don't know what's going on with her, but I have my suspicions. I wish I understood how or what went wrong. But I'll probably go to my death never knowing. This is the time of year that I also see how many people are actually hurting, and I cannot subject myself to a whole lot of sadness. I can't deal with everybody else's when I'm trying to manage my own. At least that's how I'm feeling right now at this moment today. There are so many of you here who have become very dear to me. Please know that that has not changed. I also have to admit that I'm a little frustrated by the issues I'm having with the site, as well. With or without the Adblock program, the site seems to be wonky, or sluggish. Please accept my apology, in advance, if I'm not around to read your posts or get your messages here at the site. I wish all of you a very happy holiday season and please make sure that you share the love and joy of this season with people who appreciate and love you.
Enjoy yoir time with yoir guest. Christmas can be a very difficult time. Hope you get to apend time with those you love this holiday season.
@CoralLevang (40746)
and I wish you nothing but the best for this Christmas! This year will be a special one for you, I'm sure! Those first ones after a major surgery, seem to mean a lot more. At least they did for me.
@CoralLevang Thank you. yes it is. I am more excited about this Christmas then I have been in a long time. I plan to celebrate this one as if it is my last because you just never know. Last year could have been and I didnt know that. I will never take anothet one for granted.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@Happy2BeMe I don't think anybody realizes that until you go through something like you did or I have or any one of us who have had these kinds of situations. Even our families, don't quite get it. They will the first one, but then everything seems to settle back in to what it was before. That's the cruelty of life's lessons.! I'm glad you're around to do this and celebrate it.
Hang in there and do what's best for you.
@CoralLevang (40746)
It's just the holiday season that gets to me. I look forward to 2 dates. December 21st, when the days start getting longer again. And January 1st so we can get on with the new year.
@CoralLevang In the meantime, don't wish your life away waiting for those days. Try to enjoy the moment right this second.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@JohnRoberts why do you think I fill my life with things where I have to go do them? the busier I become, the less time I have to think about things.
My Thanksgiving was good, but of course had the pain of not having my daughter so wasn't all there til nighttime when we went bowling with my cousins. Sorry you still haven't heard from her.. hope yours was still good too. Enjoy your guest and doing what you need and want to.. mylot isn't going anywhere. As far as we know.
@CoralLevang (40746)
Only only 4 days left and I have a lot to do yet here. What'll get done will get done. I hope you got your fill of turkey! And potatoes!
@CoralLevang I did. Ate more than usual too.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@Courtlynn this is how I feel tonight! LOL
ave a wo nderful Christmastile
@CoralLevang (40746)
You too, sweet lady!
@sallypup (21877)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I've been wondering how you are. Sure glad I bumped into this post. We're fine over here. Take care of yourself.
@CoralLevang (40746)
You too! I was thinking about you the other night and wondering how you were doing.
Lady, you just take care of yourself. You are most important. I too will be super busy with Christmas coming and of course keeping Little Miss occupied. There is so much to do. I want to get it done and enjoy the joy of the season as well. Sending big hugs your way.
@CoralLevang (40746)
You have my contact information, so I know we will be in touch! And I know you will be busy with that little miss!
@CoralLevang she has an appointment next Friday with an ENT doctor. Her tonsils are still swollen.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@ElusiveButterfly yikes! Hope she feels better soon
@peachpurple (11034)
Did you try to WhatsApp your daughter?
@CoralLevang (40746)
I have no idea what that application is, but I did try to contact her yes
@peachpurple (11034)
@CoralLevang how did you contact her then? SMS? call?
@CoralLevang (40746)
@peachpurple I called. Left messages. It's best that I don't talk about it here. I don't need the reminders, especially during holidays.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I can can understand when someone needs to take a break. I have cleared myself of online commitments for a couple of weeks so I can get well, and so just as much as I feel like doing. I hope you get the rest you need and the inner healing you crave. I hope you can resolve issues with your daughter before it's too late. We weren't able to, so I know how that feels. Unfortunately, both parties have to be willing to communicate. I hope your daughter will be willing.
@CoralLevang (40746)
Thank thank you. And I hope she comes around again. I'm not sure what's going on with her and trying to get her to talk, it's like pulling teeth. She's much more private then I quite understand. But I know she'll get through it all herself, like we all do.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@CoralLevang Unfortunately, they all don't. My daughter didn't. But I don't know what more we could have done. Sometimes older adopted children bring so much baggage they can't carry it and they won't let anyone who could help in to help them sort it out. Instead, they look for help in all the wrong places because they want to stay completely in control and won't maintain a relationship they can't control.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@bagarad It's not just adopted kids...it's that silly human thing.... I'm sure you just described me here.
Why dont you just come out and have a heart to heart with your daughter and stop assuming you know. I know that sounds harsh but just do it, clear the air. I am sorry but I am not a pity party, or at least I don`t think I am, I usually will send a kick in the azz to get up and move it, not wallow in the things we cannot control. Its true I will take a day to be down and usually I find the solution or a way to it and get back to life. I cannot say it enough, I am so proud of you for taking on the clutter project, get it in the garage and have the wonderfully clean house, its so much easier to get rid of this way, at least it was for me. I know this may sound bad but I will say it anyways. You are what you hang with so get around people positive and get away from the whiner, even on line and you will feel so much better. You are not doing anything wrong by unchecking the follow button or just skipping those. It was hard for me to step away from "the needy" but they will suck the last of your life, then move onto the next. Call me a b*tch but we cannot let others pull us down with them. We look to better ourselves they do not. Love you much and I hope to read ya later.
@CoralLevang (40746)
I don't mind you being upfront like this! In fact, I rather appreciate your style. You do it with love and kindness. As far as having a heart-to-heart with her, you can only do that when both parties are willing. It means you can't hide from things. I've always been a very direct person, and like so many others in life, as you probably will know, they don't like Direct communication. I've always felt that doing things head-on works best and gets it out on the table, but that's not how some people choose to live. Many people want to stick their heads in the sand. I've always been I've always been very careful not to be judgemental, but a lot of people seed direct and honest as too difficult to hear. Especially when you disagree. My door will always be open to her. As it was two years ago and she left her marriage and she needed help. But now whatever's going on in her life she's choosing to remain silent again. I can't fight that. I'll be okay, and I just need to get through this next 6 weeks. Then it's a new year and we start all over again!
@CoralLevang I wish you luck.
@CoralLevang (40746)
Oh, that makes me feel so badly for you. You're in my prayers.
@CoralLevang (40746)
it will get better.
@CoralLevang Let me know if I need to verbally fight someone for you.
@CoralLevang (40746)
@AmbiePam I love you...
@ricki_911 (17171)
• Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully you getvit all done ahead of time. I hate when your just so buay.
@CoralLevang (40746)
I used to thrive on the stress of the season. Now I just want the season to be over. I just need to get everything cleaned up for my friend who's coming. And I only have a few days left.
@ricki_911 (17171)
• Toronto, Ontario
@CoralLevang I hate how people need and expect so much in tjis season compared to others.
@CoralLevang (40746)
Enjoy your guest and take your time. I already know that Christmas will not be a happy one this year. Holidays are happy only when we are kids.
@CoralLevang (40746)
I hope things are well for you and I hope you hear from your daughter soon. =)
@CoralLevang (40746)
Hanging in there. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving and that your holidays are for relaxing and filled with a lot of joy and love
@CoralLevang Thank you so much. =) Thanksgiving was good. I hope yours was too.
@Daelii (2039)
I hope you get to feeling better soon. I miss my mom a lot. I just know she loved the holidays and would rather I make the kind of memories with my kids that she did with me!
@CoralLevang (40746)
Just just the holiday Blues I think. It's a reminder just how humans don't behave how the Hallmark greeting card company portrays them on the television commercials. I won't Disappear Completely.
@poehere (17840)
• French Polynesia
I think it is more winter blues than anything else. I had to spend time in America when I was a kid and I sure hated the winters there and how the time changed and it was so dark so early. I'm not a cold weather person and that is just me. I think you need to contact your daughter and really have a long talk wih her. I know this is way too late for my mom and me, but don't make it too late for you and your daughter. I called my daughter yesterday on FaceTime and we talked for almost 2 hours. It was so much fun and we had a lot of laughs on there. It is good t osee her and she likes seeing me and all I do around the home and yard. I took her on a tour of the garden yesterday and she loved it. Well if you need a break I understand. Hope I'll hear from you and please keep in touch.
@CoralLevang (40746)
You you have my contact information so we will be in touch. As far as having a heart-to-heart with her, I can't do it if it's only one-sided. Then it becomes a lecture. And that doesn't work.
um, this month and next month have a little busy!
@CoralLevang (40746)
Yes, it is certainly busy for Many people!
@Srbageldog (5443)
Take care of yourself. I completely understand not being able to handle other people's sadness when you're battling your own. I hope you have a good holiday season. We will still be here when you return.
@CoralLevang (40746)
Thank you so very much. I hope that it is filled with a lot of joy and love and blessings for you.
I hope that you have a wonderful holiday season too
@CoralLevang (40746)
@kobesbuddy (19607)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, My Lot has definitely been sluggish, for quite a while now. I hope your lady friend gets there safely and you have a wonderful visit with her. We will be busy with family also, over the Christmas-New Years holiday season, so I won't be here as much, either. I can relate to your daughter not communicating, my daughter and I just made amends.She apologized, which was uplifting. It's important that we admit to our wrongs, every time. I will miss you and look forward to hearing from you, after New Years:) Have a beautiful holiday! Luv, Kharla Jolly
@CoralLevang (40746)
I have never heard my daughter say I'm sorry. I doubt that I will ever hear it. She just shuts down and keeps quiet. She, like so many of the rest of us in life, we'll have to learn the hard way. I'm sure that part of it was those last 20 years she was with someone who always made everything her fault and she probably said I'm sorry a lot. Of course, that's my speculation. But, Life Will Go On and she will have to deal with the effects of her own behavior as it all plays out in her life. Just like the rest of us. Some of us had to learn that we don't have to say I'm sorry for everything and take the blame don't have to say I'm sorry for everything and take the blame for everything. Others of us have to learn how to look in the mirror and own exactly what it is that we did do and apologize for it. That is the way of life.
@kobesbuddy (19607)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang My daughter was always to blame, with her first husband. It took her a long time, to learn that was a destructive relationship, it almost cost her life three times! Now she realizes, none of us always get it right! When she apologized for her behavior, it was instantly forgiven and a wall came down:)
@CoralLevang (40746)
@kobesbuddy as it would be in my own daughter's case. But she... I don't know what it is... the world is the world. I can only be me and change me.
• Pleasant Hill, California
What are your suspicions?
@CoralLevang (40746)
I'm not going to write them. It doesn't matter.