Chocolate Chip Cookies!

How do you make good chocolate chip cookies? For the first time ever I decided to bake these. I am dieting and so it wasnt for me but to bring to the homeless shelter as a little snack on Sunday. So I went to the grocery store and spent several hours making bear 7 dozen chocolate chip cookies. It was a great and inexpensive snack, I think I had some ingredients at home and what I didnt have cost $10. I followed a recipe that included a ton of butter, white and brown sugar and other bad for you ingredients. I TOOK them out of the oven after about 9 or 10 minutes and let them harden. But they hardened a little too much. Do you make any special modifications when you make chocolate chip cookies? How do you make them soft? And any modification to make them healthier?
That's nice of you and, I just follow the recipe for nestle .
Do you add anything else in? Do they turn out soft or crunchy?
@maezee No and yes they turn out soft and Delicious.
@TRBRocks420 Agh youre making me hungry lol
I just buy the toll houde chocolate chips and make them as the bag says. Never hard, even a day later.
Hmm good to know. I wonder what their secret is!
@maezee me too lol
@JustBhem (22350)
• Davao, Philippines
How I like to make my own cookies but I can't. Lol. Those cookies look tasty to me.
Yay! They didnt turn out too terrible.
@JustBhem (22350)
• Davao, Philippines
@maezee Why? is it hard? It looks good to me.
@kepweng (6287)
whats the Brand name of these cookies??
no, she made them from scratch.
Home made :)
@aureliah (3886)
I'm not a sweet tooth thus I rarely make any cookies.
Ahh I never used to be either, aways preferred savory snacks.
@aureliah (3886)
@maezee mmm okay
@hereandthere (24029)
gosh 7 dozen is a lot! we baked when we were younger, but never that much. and to be given away? you're so kind and generous. i do remember a tip (which i followed) that after a few days, when cookies start to harden, put them in a sealed container with a piece of bread. the cookies will absorb the moisture of the bread, while the bread will harden. i just don't know if it will work for fresh-baked cookies. maybe taking out too much butter and sugar was the reason it came out hard?
Nice! I thought I followed the recipe to the tee but I am not much of a baker so I could be wrong. I wikll definitely try the bread thing next time, thanks!
@ilocosboy (33256)
Oh my I have never bake cookies, maybe I'll just have to buy.
That seems like the easier way to do. I do enjoy cooking especially if I am bored!
I usually follow the directions on the chocolate chip bag, and they come out pretty good. That so sweet of you to make the cookies for the shelter, even if they didn't come out the way you wanted.
Yeah! I hope they like them. I did save a dozen for me and my roomies though ;-)
@ricki_911 (17118)
• Toronto, Ontario
I try new recipes where i can. Sometimes i find richer (butter and sugar) tens to get that way.
Aha. Good to know. I dont think I used more than what was asked for but it did ask for a lot.
@Madshadi (4537)
• Brussels, Belgium
They look delicious. My wife would make those too sometimes.
Nice. And very cheap to make!
@Madshadi (4537)
• Brussels, Belgium
@maezee that is true. Costs much less than buying them ready to eat from the shop
I use the recipe on the back of the chocolate chips - Toll House Cookies. It turns out every time. Yesterday when I was in the store getting some food for yesterday's feast with my boys, I was looking at the organic cases, and saw some chocolate chip cookie packs that make a dozen cookies, whose ingredients were definitely on the healthy list. However, they also cost a lot. I didn't buy them.
Ahh ok. That certainly is one of the problems with keeping on track. Unhealthy foods are so much cheaper!
@maezee Yes they are.
I am not a baker, but my sister usually bakes healthy cookies. :)
Really! I would be interested in knowing her secret. Do they taste good?
@maezee Yes, she usually finds them online and twists it to her liking. She's a good cook and baker, me nada =) lol
@peachpurple (10913)
You need eggs to soften them and baking powder plus corn flour to make them crunchy
Corn flour is something I didnt know to use!
@peachpurple (10913)
@maezee you will be amaze that corn flour and custard flour could soften and brittle the cookies
I have never made a chocolate chip cookie on my own. Chocolate chip cookies are the best only if they don't taste too sweet. :)
And they always taste pretty sweet dont they?
@maezee Yes they do!
@shubhu3 (13562)
• New Delhi, India
Looks delicious. I usually bake cakes.
Ooh good for you. I have never tried!
@shubhu3 (13562)
• New Delhi, India
@maezee try it someday. It's interesting.
@lady1993 (15486)
nope, your choco chip cookies look great though i am sure the ones you are giving it to would be really happy
I hope so. Thanks!!
I find that if my dry ingredients-flour, baking powder......is fresh then my cookies are soft. You can put them into containers and put a fresh slice of bread on top of them, that will soften them up over night. Good luck!
Nice. And I had just bought the flour and sugar. I am hearing a lot about the bread thing, I did not realize bread had so mich moisture!
I just wait for someone to give me cookies!
Haha! If I waited for that I would be waiting forever lol
When baking you have to follow the directions exactly. Sounds like to much flour.
Could be. I did measure things out... but I am not really a details person. Haha
That is so nice you baked them for the homeless people. I have not baked in ages. I have an old stove that was given to me many years ago here and I have not gotten a new one so I do not bake anymore because the oven part is not good to use. I buy chocolate chip cookies from the store or a bakery. I know the store ones are not the same but they are tasty.