Why do we say "Falling in Love"?

@josie_ (7412)
"Falling in love with you was never my intention but it became my addiction" Is it because a person subliminally acknowledge the risk they take and the vulnerable position they place themselves in when they cannot resist the attraction (sometimes fatal) of another person? Our bodies start releasing huge amount of oxytocin which is sometimes called the "Love hormone" and we are powerless in preventing it's effect on our emotional behavior. We find ourselves in cloud 9 Walking on air Start doing crazy things But the "love of my life" text you to say it's over. ...free fall Rapid and irratic heart rate Constriction of the chest feelings of betrayal, anger, resentment surge up from the abyss of despair pain and sorrow residue from the past finally...disillusion. But we never learn from past mistakes or is it because HOPE springs eternal? then the cycle repeats itself. "Falling in love" anyone?
Singing In The Rain - Singing In The Rain performed by Gene Kelly HD 720p Widescreen Upscaled and Cropped
• New Delhi, India
Love is eternal and so is the feeling associated with it.
@josie_ (7412)
Love is a continuous spiral. It may go up, down or sideways.
• New Delhi, India
@josie_ I agree. But it makes everything beautiful.
@josie_ (7412)
@amitkokiladitya _As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and like the lyrics of a song, "love makes the world go round", sometimes it makes us dizzy so it's best to pause for a moment to get our bearings.
@louievill (19363)
There's a big risk when falling in love, it's like jumping from a cliff to the unknown lol you'll never know where it's heading haha..
@josie_ (7412)
I hope your wife do not see your comment.
@louievill (19363)
@josie_ no infact I could gladly say now that my risk paid off, not everyone is as fortunate and if I could live my life all over again I would still choose her real problem is if she would still choose me
@josie_ (7412)
@shubhu3 (15937)
• New Delhi, India
I believe that we don't fall instead we grow in love.
@josie_ (7412)
But it sounds better when we sing "When I fall in love, it will be forever". "When I GROW in love it will be forever" somehow does not appeal to the mood or our emotions.
@shubhu3 (15937)
• New Delhi, India
@josie_ It does to me heheh. That's alright. We have different perspectives.
@josie_ (7412)
@shubhu3 _We may have different perspective but we both have a sense of humor.
@JustBhem (41653)
• Davao, Philippines
I believe in second chances.
@josie_ (7412)
As do I. But why do some women who were in abusive relationship before manage to find themselves repeatedly with abusive men?
@JustBhem (41653)
• Davao, Philippines
@josie_ Because maybe they think that something great will change their situation or them still hopeful.
The memories I have are just great but with the passing of my husband my falling in love days are way behind me and I am just content to live. I love that song. I have the musical on video.
@josie_ (7412)
Memories are fleeting dissipates into the distant past yet like a song from when our lives entwine still evoke feelings long thought forgotten
Yes of course - hope does spring eternal. Though we have no control over who we fall in love with, we can control how we handle it.
@josie_ (7412)
We are never in control when love comes calling. Successful relationships may be due to many reasons but "love" is the salt and pepper that enhance it's flavor. If you're wondering about the cooking metaphor, it's because I'm about to prepare a meal but run out of salt.
I don`t know about all thi love stuff.
@josie_ (7412)
Majority of people are also confuse about this "love stuff."
@Shiva49 (13838)
We are emotional fools at times - emotions pip reason. However, we need love to take precedence as the whole creative process is riddled with love; in fact, god is love as the saying goes. Then the duality of creation - the despair that follows love when one feels let down. For a long time I have been aware every moment that nothing lasts and life is not a straight line journey; the twists and turns give us more life in our years here. We have to pick up the pieces and continue the journey - siva
@josie_ (7412)
A quote from the movie "Love Story" comes to mind. "Love means never having to say you're sorry." Happiness and sadness go hand in hand. They are the yin and yang that permeate the ebb and flow that is the intimacy we call "love".
@Shiva49 (13838)
@josie_ Tongue in cheek, one said his marriage was give and take; wife gives and he takes! Love is tested all the time and is not for the faint of heart! Couples should be in it for the long haul. I have seen the rare few living as soul mates all their lives - siva
@josie_ (7412)
@Shiva49 _ Next to mother-in-law jokes, I enjoy witty repartee from marriage relationships. Maybe because I'm in one and they are the oil that grease the squeaky wheel of married life.
@Srbageldog (8227)
I think the desire to love and to be loved makes us hope that we will find "the one" and live happily ever after. But I don't believe in happily ever after. I think there is only "happy for now." Even when you stay together for years, or the rest of your life, relationships are full of ups and downs. It is not all happiness and sunshine.
@josie_ (7412)
If you think about it, there is a huge material on methods and techniques in building a successful relationship. The do's and don'ts. But where the subject of "love" is concern, you find more expression of it in poetry and music. It is also romanticize in movies and novels. It is one reason people continue to search for this illusive concept or idea.
@josie_ I'm a sucker for romance novels. Probably because they aren't realistic. I know that love is not like that in real life. The problem for some people is, they can't differentiate real life from fiction. They want the fairy tale romance. When they don't have it or when the fire of a new romance begins to die down, they give up on the relationship and search for something new. I see it again and again with some of my friends. They are chasing something that doesn't really exist.
@josie_ (7412)
@Srbageldog _It's nice to indulge in some form of escapism occasionally. Helps release the stress from the harsh realities we face.
@ridingbet (57900)
i believe there is a difference between the phrases "falling in love" and being "in love". just my thought and idea.
@josie_ (7412)
"Falling in love" probably is more serious compare to "being in love" which strikes me as more whimsical and less serious.
@ridingbet (57900)
@josie_ that is true. i can fall in love with a person but i am not in love with this same person
@josie_ (7412)
@ridingbet _Infatuation never last. Like our teenage crushes or puppy love. But they were part of our growing up.
When you fall in love you always think it will be forever... the third time was the good one for me.
@josie_ (7412)
Forrest Gump said " life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.” and Swiss chocolates are among the best in the world.
@josie_ My husband is Italian, like I am, but you are right that Swiss chocolates are among the best in the world. I already bought the boxes I want to open for Christmas.
Love can make you do many things. I love that song from the movie.
@josie_ I don't know if I would call today's music - music. It's a lot of sound and a lot of vulgarity, but not much else. The old songs were so much better.
I do think the feeling is intense of falling in love if finding the right person.
@josie_ (7412)
Love can be intense. The trick is to control the heat. Too much and you get burn.
@josie_ I do agree on that. There is always a limitation of everything.
@YrNemo (14414)
You are real poetic again... The expression 'falling in' sounds very negative doesn't it? Guess because wise people know 'love' is just a type of illusion, which last longer for some fortunate souls. Made me think of 'falling in a pit'...
@josie_ (7412)
Even if they say that "only fools fall in love". I'm glad I am not a "wise" person. Everyone should at least have one ride on the love roller coaster in their lifetime.
@YrNemo (14414)
@Frenzys9 (175)
Very interesting. I never thought of that.
@josie_ (7412)
But you've fallen in love in the past.
Love is full of pain, isn't it? But what would we do without it?
@josie_ (7412)
One should be willing to accept the risk of pain when one wishes to partake of the joys of love.
I wonder if it's something chemical into our bodies, maybe it can be manipulated for some reason. I seriously thought if there's no body chemicals involved into this thing.
@josie_ (7412)
That is why we say love is a chemistry between two people.
@KrauseHome (35526)
Yes, there will always be a Great risk in something like falling in Love as no one wants to get hurt in the process, but if you never take the chance and put your heart out there you may never find your one True Love. I found mine over 19 yrs ago and we will be Celebrating 19 yrs of Marriage god willing in Feb.
@josie_ (7412)
Successful relationships take time and much effort. Like a new pair of shoes it takes a while to get comfortable in. I wish you many more wedding anniversaries in the coming years to come.
• Pretoria, South Africa
Falling in love is a serious thing and often I've asked myself in the passes am I truelly in love with the person or the idea of them........its strange that fine line between the two. maybe it's called falling in love because you both are at your weakest and then build yourselves up together with the love you have for each other and as they say you are only as strong as your weakest link.....so if you don't work at it together it will fall apart
@josie_ (7412)
Perhaps that is the flaw. We take it too seriously. We should concentrate more on the fun part.
@kepweng (17850)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
i want to fall in love too and nice Research online??
@josie_ (7412)
Base on experience...trial and error.