Does This Snowman Look out of Place or What?

Snowman Observes Falling Leaves
@bagarad (7917)
Paso Robles, California
The two sycamore trees in this yard have filled it with falling leaves. In the photo, it's already December 10 (2016). Some of my friends in other states are posting photos of real snowmen in their yards and scenes I see only on Christmas cards. One friend just moved to New Hampshire and she's posting snow pictures on Facebook. I kind of like our weather. I'm not sorry we don't have a white Christmas or Thanksgiving. I want real trees, but I don't mind if the snowmen are artificial. How about you? Does it snow where you live? How do you feel about that? If it doesn't snow where you live, do you wish it did? Why or why not?
@cahaya1983 (9689)
We don't have the four seasons but I did experience winter and snow when I was abroad. I wish it snows here!
what was it like? were you prepared for it?
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
What do you like about snow?
@bagarad The view, especially. I think snow makes everything look magical.
It does not snow here and that makes me very happy. I hate the snow and driving in it.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I would hate trying to drive in it or clean off the car before I could start driving. I'm surprised it doesn't snow in Roseburg. I thought it did.
@ramapo17 (19122)
• Melbourne, Florida
I never knew it didn't snow in Oregon. Never???
@ramapo17 (19122)
• Melbourne, Florida
@bagarad I had a car with a remote control and before going to it in the morning I would start the car with the remote and the heater on and defrosters. By the time I got in it, it was nice and warm and windows cleaned off.
@Srbageldog (5635)
It doesn't snow here where I live. I am also in California. It has only snowed three times in my life, and one time it didn't even stick. When I was a kid I really, really wanted it to snow every winter and to experience a white Christmas. I still think it would be neat to have a white Christmas, but it's probably just the novelty of it to me. I wouldn't like it so much if I had to go out in freezing temps or had to shovel a driveway.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Exactly. I had it snow once when we lived in Ventura County. It was a February Day in 1988 or 1989. There was hardly enough for the kids to make a snowball each.
@bagarad That was probably one of the times it snowed here, too.
No snow and I thank God!
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Amen!
• Pretoria, South Africa
Like the festive idea.....its cool but no I stay in South Africa so wouldn't do it......it strange I wish I could see snow.....lol....I wish I could travel but the costs of travelling overseas is so expensive
like other mylotters from the southern hemisphere, your christmas season in south africe would be summer, correct?
• Pretoria, South Africa
@hereandthere yes its summer in South Africa but even in winter we don't have snow its usually cold during morning in winter and warm during day and then cold at night
@nicole1987 is your winter sunny? no wind? no rain?
@yanzalong (8889)
I like this kind of a house with a large yard. Dream of having it, really.
@yanzalong (8889)
@bagarad I wish I could buy the one with lrge yards in the front and back of the house.
@bagarad I like houses with large yards too,could you estimate the price of the houses which showed on the picture in California. just Approximate range.
Yes, it does snow where I live in Canada.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
So do you enjoy the snow?
Unfortunately is snows where I live, I hoped to have some more days without snow, but we had a bit today and there is ice on the roads, winter is coming.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
When I was young we would go to camp in the winter to the mountains in hopes of seeing snow we could play in. We never had to shovel it or try to drive in it. I prefer to see it in pictures now.
@bagarad To drive in the snow is not too bad if it is soft, but if the temperature is very cold and ice forms under the snow it's extremely dangerous.
@ramapo17 (19122)
• Melbourne, Florida
@LadyDuck In Pennsylvania and New Jersey the roads are usually cleaned up before people get on them going to work.
@YrNemo (8724)
I don't care for serious snow, too cold and uncomfortable! Our bill for heater usage is already high, I do want to keep it down (or off if I can).
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Yes, I'd forgotten about the energy costs connected with cold weather. It's 85F here today.
@YrNemo (8724)
@bagarad similar here (We must be on the same street ).
@ramapo17 (19122)
• Melbourne, Florida
@bagarad Wow, that is way to hot for me.
• Denmark
I used to like snow. This stopped some years ago when I slipped and fell on a slippery part of a road and broke my arm.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Yikes! That's no good. My friend moved to Massachusetts from Southern California and slipped on the ice and broke an ankle. Of course we don't need snow for things to get slippery. Even rain or dew on a step to the porch can freeze overnight and be almost invisible.
@ramapo17 (19122)
• Melbourne, Florida
Do you get a lot of snow up there @MALUSE?
• Denmark
@ramapo17 Not anymore. There was more snow when I was a child.
I am in California like you and prefer to watch a White Christmas on TV.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
It is better that way. You don't have to shovel any snow.
@ramapo17 (19122)
• Melbourne, Florida
@bagarad Every time it snowed I would be one of the first people out on sleds and enjoying it. I am still like that when I go back up north to visit my kids.
@alberello75 (13203)
• Genova, Italy
I would love to could watch from the window, a snowfall, and a classic winter scenery. But unfortunately, in my city (Genova, Italy), this phenomenon, causes climate change, has not been present for over twenty years! And for me, it's sorry!
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I've only been in a gentle snowfall once when I was at a conference in the mountains of Central California. That was kind of nice and I didn't have to shovel any snow or drive in it. But I was also at another conference in Illinois after Christmas one year and had to walk blocks in a blizzard. I got very sick from the experience and not being home to rest and take care of the illness. I would prefer to stay out of snow for the rest of my life.
@alberello75 (13203)
• Genova, Italy
@bagarad See how sometimes our fate is different from our will! I would like the snow. You instead, no. It all seems to the opposite of what we want!
In my country, there is snow moment. But I think it is nice to experience it. I had my moment when I had stayed in Tajikistan. I was like a child making my own snowman in the park.lol
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I did always think it would be fun to make a snowman.
@bagarad Since I am an Asian fellow, I grabbed the chance to experience it. Some of my colleagues enjoyed seeing me doing it that time.
@louievill (16341)
No Maam, there ain't no snow here, only rain, mud, dry earth and dust. Wish it did but just for a short time maybe during Christmas
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Miracles happen. It did snow once when I lived in Southern California.
@louievill (16341)
@bagarad I experienced ice rain or sleet thrice on different years here in the Philippines, some kind of weather phenomenon. Yes miracles happen.
@lady1993 (15716)
no, i really want to see and feel snow.. someday when you mentioned sycamore though... first thing that popped up in my mind was the Pocahontas song.. and look at that - Riverbank street
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm afraid I've not heard the Pocahontas song. But one side of my house is on Riverbank Avenue.
@lady1993 (15716)
@bagarad Oh i meant in the Pocahontas Disney movie, the title was Colors of the Wind and Just Around the Riverbend.. i think
@BarBaraPrz (17573)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, it snows here. We had a dusting last week. My neighbor told me we don't get much snow in this part, so I'm glad about that. It didn't bother me when I was young but with each passing year, I can do with less of it.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I sure wouldn't want to have to deal with it.
@hereandthere (24192)
no four seasons here near the equator, but we still decorate for christmas using fake trees and buy lights and decors like santa, reindeer,snowflakes, etc. i appreciate this picture as is. i don't wonder if the snowman is fake or it clashes with the autumn leaves.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm glad you like the picture. I never even noticed the snowman when I took it. I was focused on the leaves. I noticed the snowman when I upload my photos to the computer.
The snowman does not look like he belongs there. He needs snow underneath him. We have gotten snow here in Jerusalem. When I had my dog I loved to watch her play in the snow. I had more than my share of it growing up in Minneapolis.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
You're right. It looks odd to see a snowman sitting on a green lawn, or any ground cover that's not snow.
@bagarad I still say Barbara it is out of place.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@Hannihar I agree, but almost everyone who decorates here has a fake snowman in their yard. It's the only way they see snow.
Ofcourse it snows where I live. This post tells about it
I have always longed for snow but sadly it has evaded or avoided me. I have been to countries where snowing at the time I visited there was normal. But it did...