Strolling Along In The Rain, Just Lovely!

free image from Pixabay
@bluesa (12710)
Johannesburg, South Africa
How lovely, I know I did a discussion about weather yesterday, but I just have to say that I enjoyed walking in the rain this morning. I put on my leopard print wellies  (Wellington boots) grabbed my big umbrella and off I went on a stroll, it was so relaxing! I could see people driving by me gawking, wondering why I am walking along in pouring rain, I just grinned at them, like so . Would you go for a stroll in pouring rain, or do you think it is strictly car weather too? Image : Pixabay
@tzwrites (3806)
I like walking in the rain if it's summer rain. In the autumn it's very unpleasant.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
This is summer rain, but when I got home, my hands were blue, I can't believe it is only 17C today for summer.
@db20747 (646)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yeah, all those wet leaves and chilli air.
l enjoy walking in the rain sometimes too.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It can be strangely relaxing
@hereandthere (24042)
i would be concerned only if you had no umbrella and was soaking wet, but you're dressed for the part so i'd pass you by. but i would definitely notice and smile at your leopard print wellington boots. as soon as i read your title, this old song came to mind: neil sedaka's laughter in the rain
Live in Concert, best Music take from your lovely conerts. Checkout http://www.memo-media.com/ for further informations. Visit our Facebook Site: http://www....
@YrNemo (8472)
Funny, I never associated that song with that hit you mentioned until I heard it. You are good!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Lol. I am happy you'd appreciate my leopard print Wellington boots. Oh, Yes, such a lovely song, I haven't heard it in years! Though they didn't have an umbrella, he puts a beautiful slant on that walk.
@lady1993 (15543)
hmm, if i have nothing with me.. like no bag or phone it would be nice to walk in the rain
good point!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, True, luckily I didn't have either with me, so just needed to hang onto the umbrella.
I like to walk in the rain in summer, now it's too cold.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I got caught, Anna. It turned out the rain was quite icy, our high was 16C and last night was 8C. This is supposed to be Summer.
@bluesa Here it's not yet winter, still Autumn, but the mornings are already below 0.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck , we should have about 16 or 17C at night by now, it is supposed to be Summer, 8C at night is way below the norm.
I have strolled in the pouring rain when our pup Molly was younger. Hard to hold the umbrella and leash at the same time. Rather glad Molly has given up walking in the rain now that she is getting older.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Lol, luckily by the time I took Daisy for her afternoon walkies, the rain had stopped a bit, it was just blinking cold!
I love walking in the rain and listening to its pitter-pattering sound. It relaxes my soul and gives me peace of mind.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It was soothing, a little cold but soothing. good you love walking in the rain.
I used to love strolling in the rain. Back when I was in grade school, my home was not too far. But it's possible to take the public commute too. When it rained, I preferred walking as I liked the coolness of the weather and the rain itself. I liked using my umbrella too! And I made that as a very good excuse to walk when in truth I didn't have enough money for the public commute.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
On a hot summers day it can be nice, but an umbrella is a necessity. I wonder why public commute is so expensive, I think it should be free.
@bluesa It's not expensive here. It's really cheap. But back in the 80s when I was in grade school, my mother didn't give us money for public commute.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@toniganzon that's why I think public commute should be free, parents here struggle to get their children to school.
I walk with my friends in the rain. I think it's fun! Good for you!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you, Dianne, though I ended up quite cold, but it was still nice and a cup of coffee warmed me up. It's nice you and your friends take rainy walks too. :)
@bluesa The trick is bundling up, but glad the coffee warmed you. Soon I shall be walking in sunny Florida!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@DianneN and you must have a wonderful time walking in the sun.
@dgobucks226 (6687)
If I were Gene Kelly and I would be singing too
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Turns out that by the end of this stroll my teeth were chattering a bit and I couldn't quite sing, Mr. Gene Kelly!
@bluesa I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 it seemed brilliant. A pity it wasn't. Thank goodness for hot coffee!
@ridingbet (37892)
i once did that. i loved the rain and i did not feel wet despite my clothes getting moist.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That's nice, Ingrid, the bottom of my jeans got a bit soaked. :)
@ridingbet (37892)
@bluesa hahah! me too. that is why when it is raining and i am in the city, the bottom of my pants get heavier because of the rain water.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ridingbet, I forgot to tuck my pants into my wellies
I do sometimes this kind of escapade. Most of the time, I prefer to sleep while the rain pours from the sky.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
After that walk, I must admit that I prefer it raining at night so I can rather sleep peacefully to it too.
@bluesa I agree with you. But then, I usually walk in the rain because my city is always experiencing monsoon rain.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@Shavkat , luckily we have sunshine today. I hope you do too.
@YrNemo (8472)
I just did that several times in the last few days. The rain was either spitting or not too significant for me to use an umbrella. I have a short bob, so it is always easy.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
By the time I finished my walk, I looked like a French poodle, my curls were so extra curly. Good you have an easy to maintain bob. :)
@YrNemo (8472)
@bluesa Glad that no Mr Right bumped into you when you were with that hairstyle.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@YrNemo true, that! But then again, Mr Right should appreciate me looking like a French poodle too!
@1hopefulman (20220)
There is something special about walking in the rain and when there is no one around to hear then it walking and singing in the rain.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I would still only hum, it is safer that way!
@1hopefulman (20220)
@bluesa Or we can wait until it thunders.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@1hopefulman yes, or that! Lots of thunder
@moffittjc (35646)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love playing in the rain! It reminds me of my carefree days of childhood! And because it rains so often here in Florida, I get caught out in the rain more than I can count! I don't mind the cold raindrops hitting my body, especially in our warm climate!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, there is a carefree-ness to it. Just the warmth has seemed to sort of get lost these last few nights, but the rain is a lovely lullaby.
@moffittjc (35646)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa Rain is the perfect lullaby! Now, if I just had a rainy day and you to cuddle with, it would be a perfect day!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc, it really is ! Aw, that's so sweet. Cuddles to you.
@dpk262006 (54659)
Yes, I would like to go for a stroll in a pouring rain, with my umbrella on. It is quite thrilling to walk in rain.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
And it turned out to be quite refreshing too.
@dpk262006 (54659)
@bluesa Yes, you are right.
It depends on whether the rain was cold or warm. Warm I wouldn't mind.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Seeing it is supposed to be Summer here, I underestimated the temp outside and ended up with very cold hands, a cup of coffee warmed me up though. :)
@bluesa I'm glad you were able to warm up.
I like to sit on my front porch in the summertime when there is a rainstorm. Love to hear it fall on the tin roof. The smell of the rain is cleansing too.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is all very soothing and the smell of rain is cleansing. Strangely though, we have quite a chill in the air now.
@bluesa I hope that the cold spell is short-lived. The weather here is weird. Cold one day and warmer the next.
@dodoazo (11112)
Most people in our small city when the rain pours are using their small or huge umbrellas. People enjoy walking in the rain.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is nice in summer, and I like seeing colourful umbrellas. :)
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
Hahaha ignore them all Cath-san!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I will, Sol-san, I will