The sweet dreams of the Eurythmics: #4 "Here Comes the Rain Again" (1984)

Los Angeles, California
Dave Stewart stated the song is meant to be melancholy. “Here Comes the Rain Again” developed out of an argument between Stewart and Annie Lennox in a New York hotel room. The song’s melody had been composed but no words yet. Lennox looked out the window and announced “Here comes the rain again.” “Here comes the rain again Raining in my head like a tragedy Tearing me apart like a new emotion” There is a lush quality to the song as driving synthpop meets the string section of the British Philharmonic Orchestra. From the album “Touch,” “Here Comes the Rain Again” was one of their biggest hits at US #4 and UK #8.
Nice live version of this pop classic featuring Blondie's Clem Burke slamming away on drums!
@Dena91 (4628)
This is my favorite song that they did.
@MarymargII (10565)
• Toronto, Ontario
Yes I do love that song and thanks so much for the history behind it to make it more real when I listen to it.
@FourWalls (15197)
I think this is my favorite ‘big hit single” of theirs. Not that I don’t love “Sweet Dreams,” but this is so much better!
@db20747 (9375)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Sweet dreams was one of my favorite songs. Just looked at the video the other day about fifty times. Think I'll look at it again in about a minute. Even Sung it in a show.
Thank you so much. Haven't heard this in awhile and it is absolutely on of my top favorites. Just in time too we are supposed to have quite a bit of rain tomorrow.
After "I've Got an Angel," this is my favorite by them.