Happy Saturday

Happy Saturday Everyone! It's a bright and sunny day here and I'm finally getting some downtime. It's been a hectic and busy week so far and although I have things to do today it won't be quite as crazy. Right now I'm enjoying my coffee and waiting for my daughter to get up and then we'll have breakfast. She's been on vacation all week and I've enjoyed having her home. We got a lot accomplished around the house which makes me happy. I'm hoping to get the Christmas tree up either today or tomorrow even if we don't get it decorated. I ordered some pretty new lights for outside but they won't be here until next week so our outside decorating will have to wait. Some of my neighbors have their houses lit already and the neighbor directly across the street did a nice job. I'm excited for the holidays and yet it's hard to believe that a whole year has passed since Christmas last year. This afternoon we'll be going to my daughters house to wait for her new dryer to be delivered and installed while she takes her kids to their marching band holiday event in town. I wanted to drop by and say hello since my time here has been limited the past few days. I'll be catching up as we move into next week and I'll have more time. Hope you have a great day today
Happy Saturday to you.We do not have a tree anymore.But lights in the window.
@yugocean (4617)
But there are many trees , USA is known a Green place. Here in India too we have many trees outside and some in our garden.
@yugocean the only trees we have is Spruce,Maple,Pine
@amadeo I have candles in my windows for Christmas and lights outside. I'm sure your lights look very pretty and festive
• Portland, Connecticut
I put up a few decorations already, I hope to be done by the weekend. I love this time of year
I have a lot of Christmas spirit this year. Last year wasn't a very good year for us so I'm making up for it this year
• Portland, Connecticut
@Marilynda1225 I know what you mean, I try to really go with the spirit when I get it.
It has been a very nice day today. Did a little bit of shopping earlier today.
@yugocean (4617)
Very fine, you get shopping so early? I am enjoying the afternoon now.
Shopping is always fun. Did you get any bargains?
a super fast year at that.
Way too fast i think
I haven't got any decorations up yet but I do know where to find them so that's something.
Knowing where they are is half the battle I finally organized all mine last year so they are all in one place.
@Marilynda1225 I've done that too although Christmas gets here so quickly I wonder why I don't just leave them up all year!
• Lakewood, Colorado
So nice a weekend you have there Marilyn..hope you get your tree up. Thanks
@yugocean (4617)
Sunday means last day of weekend; and enjoy this day as much you like till next weekend.
The tree is up @tiarasoceanview but so far no decorations. At least we can enjoy the lights until we can get time to decorate
@ilocosboy (33294)
I guess its already evening in your place
@yugocean (4617)
I don't think so, in case of Sunday, time is too early before sunrise.
I did have a wonderful Saturday. I'm glad your daughter was able to spend time with you. Did you get the tree up yesterday?
Yes Valerie, we got the tree up but not decorated yet. It was nice to sit here last night and have it lit while we watched tv. Hopefully we'll get it decorated in the next few days.
@Marilynda1225 It took me a couple weeks to get mine decorated too.
@stringer321 (2813)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
my nephew is so cute :-) only 3 months old
I had a nice saturday that started 25 hours ago and ended 12 hours ago. I went to Israeli Folk Dancing 2 times : first in Nirvana beach in Haifa, the wearher was nice, not too sunny, and at the evening, at Naot Beach Kiryat Haim (it is belong to Haifa even if in separate location, go figure...). The weather was cool, I needed to dance harder to get warm. I saw my 3 months old nephew in between. I took him with a special cloth that I wrap around my shoulders and waists and I can carry him like a kanguru. his face is so round and fluffy with cute cheecks and an extra chin :-)) If you want, you can see the youtuve dance from Nirvana Beach, folk dancing is so great, good for learning and memory, nice people to meet...that's for another discussion though. check this up dance: https://youtu.be/MIrm8VoxJzc What did you mean "while she takes her kids to their marching band holiday event in town" ? What band ? What do they sing ? Can you please upload a photo of the tree when it gets ready and decorated ?
What a cute way to carry the baby. He looks like he's enjoying himself. My grandchildren are in a marching band and play instruments ( granddaughter plays clarinet and grandson plays trumpet). The had a small parade in our town and then the band plays Christmas songs while people walk around and shop in our town square
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@Marilynda1225 Wow, that is so lovely, I sometimes hang out where people play music just to hear that music and I drink a coffee in the nearest coffee restaurant just to hear that music. Music can open the heart, make one feel good, think about other stuff than the reality. Your grand children do a good thing to many people, making them feel happier (assuming they play well with the instruments ).
Happy saturday to you too, though it's already Sunday here (1am). I won't be decorating for Christmas until I get home from Spain on the 19th December.
Hope you're enjoying your vacation in Spain Janet. Visiting Spain is on my bucket list
@Marilynda1225 Thanks Marilyn, it's lovely here. We're mostly relaxing in the sunshine, not doing anything too hectic. I hope you manage to get here yourself one day.
Happy Saturday to you! I'm in the same boat as you, minus the Christmas tree. lol
It's crazy busy isn't it. I'm feeling so stressed. Guess you're thinking about Florida too as the holidays are right around the corner
@Marilynda1225 I'm overwhelmed thinking about my upcoming week! Florida is one week from tomorrow!!!!
Glad today won't be hectic for you. My day isn't either thankfully. We put our tree up thanksgiving night, like always, and then put the lights and ornaments on it last night as we were too busy to do it all thursday..
Wow I can't believe you got your tree up on Thanksgiving. That's awesome!
@Marilynda1225 always do. Not a day before or a day later
@hostessman (7219)
• Tucson, Arizona
tis the season to be jolly,,,and to be very busy
Holly, jolly and busy! So much to do and it seems like very little time
• Marion, Kansas
I hope to get some cleaning and decorating done today. I bought a whole trunk full of wreaths at a sale at Hobby Lobby. My house is long and one story and I thought it might be pretty to wreath clear across it.
I love Hobby Lobby especially all their Christmas decorations. I think your idea of putting wreaths across the house sounds beautiful.
Glad you could enjoy time with your daughter. I was lucky to see my family a bit this weekend also.
Family time is always precious to me
@LoriAMoore (10038)
Sounds like you had a big day.
Busy day and tiring
@Teep11 (6530)
My sons may want to see a Christmas tree go up but may just want to receive the gifts. It's amazing how rapidly Christmas approaches. So many are so geared for the day!
Christmas comes quickly and next thing we know it's over and we're into a New Year
@Platespinner (18566)
My girls set the Christmas tree up yesterday, and they finished the rest of the indoor decorating today. I'm glad they have taken the job this year since I'm not sure I would have ever gotten around to it.
It's nice when the kids are old enough to do the tree and decorating. Back in the old days I was happy when my kids got old enough to not only put up the tree but string the lights (my job and I always hated it). Now of course we have a prelit tree and it makes it much easier and less stressful.
Go, have fun! I need to get the stuff from the shed to decorate a little. I will have a tree.
Do you have a real tree Andria? I haven't had a real tree in many years
It is a sunny day here and not that cold out. I did decorate inside and out, but did not go to any great lengths on that decorating.
We haven't gotten to decorating outside yet but some of my neighbors have an it looks so pretty and festive. I want to get mine done before it gets too cold and/or snowy