A Week at Home....or is it Home?

@Morleyhunt (16527)
It's been almost a week since I've spent any real time here. No home internet...and limited data that had to be reserved for emergency use. Hubby and I went to see our new home. We spend a full day removing most of the decommissioned heating system to make way for the new one that was to be installed this week. Once the baseboard hot water heaters and the attached plumbing had been removed...it was time to play. We spent a morning checking out a nearby town for the required items for minor repairs. The next day we cleaned up in the house...I did some laundry and hubby cleared the waist high weeds from the front of the house. Wednesday was our wedding anniversary....the electricians were busy, so we headed to another local community. The countryside was explored....neighbours were introduced. Now we are on our way to our other home for a few more months. So...I'm leaving home.....and.....heading home.
I hope the move goes smoothly.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I'll be driving out in February with a van full. Then back in time fir Easter. After Easter I will pack up everything we own and in mid May we will both travel east....moving truck, hubby in his truck and me with the van. Then the move will be behind us. (Big sigh)
@BarBaraPrz (17521)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Is that the front or back of the house? I don't see a door...
@Morleyhunt (16527)
The back of the house. A previous photo showed the front of the house.
@BarBaraPrz (17521)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@Morleyhunt Thanks. I guess I missed the previous one.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
@hostessman (7146)
• Tucson, Arizona
i would hate to move, i love where we live
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We are looking forward to my husbands retirement and settling into a home of our own (we own it, not just live in it).
• Tucson, Arizona
@Morleyhunt good luck,,, enjoy the retirement when it happens
Safe tavels back home from home.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We had some interesting weather. Snow....sunshine...then more snow...and more sunshine. We made it home safely.
@Morleyhunt this time of year you never know what kind of weather you will drive in and out of
@sjvg1976 (14527)
So you had a busy week. We also are shifting from our present house to somewhere else in 1-2 months.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I hope your move goes smoothly. Our will be a process until the end of May.
Happy belated anniversary! It sounds like it was a busy and productive week out East. Are you not able to preserve the hot water heat? We had that in a home and just loved it, its such a nice dry heat and we didn't have to cut holes in the floors for the forced air vents. Of course the down side of that is that you have to use separate a/c in that case.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We needed to install a new boiler and replace most of the plumbing. A heat pump provides the primary heat source. The electric baseboard heaters are merely a backup.
I know how it is, for 3 years we had an apartment in Monte-Carlo while we were remodeling and improving the home here in Switzerland. It was a strange sentiment to quit home to head to home.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
In six months the move will be behind us. Then we can settle in and enjoy our new home.
@Morleyhunt The transitory months are a bit stressful, but when it's over you can surely have a more relaxed life.
• Eugene, Oregon
I too hope the move turns out to be a good one and goes well.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I think we are making a good move. The next few months will have some challenges, but hubby and I make a good team...we will be fine.
• Eugene, Oregon
@Morleyhunt It will be fun to hear about your progress.
@YrNemo (8432)
Hope you have a smooth moving house experience. Every time I moved house, I seemed to mislocate something despite our labeling systems.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We have moved often. We know what to expect. This will be the move with the most distance.
@YrNemo (8432)
So do you think you'll enjoy your future home? I don't think I could handle moving, I did enough of that in the 80s and 90s.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I think we will enjoy our home, I will miss the grandkids, but they have all said they will come and visit. So far at least two family visits are booked.
I'm sure you'll miss a lot of things from your old home @Morleyhunt but the new home will provide new opportunities for new friendships and other things.
I think it is troublesome to move but there is an excitement of doing it.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
The benefits should outweigh the difficulties.
OH I wish you luck with that Oh how I would not ever want to do any of that. I am sure when it's done it will be just right.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We've moved often enough that we should be good at it by now.
@Morleyhunt Oh yeah I am sure of that. I hope to figure out my situation soon.
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
Are you making a big brave move?
@Morleyhunt (16527)
In the spring...the move is set,
@valmnz (13137)
• New Zealand
@UncleJoe (8478)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Your last statement makes you sound like an Alzheimer's patient.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
...you mean you never suspected that before.
• Marion, Kansas
A great adventure you are beginning. Sounds like work and fun both.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
It going to be a great adventure. We have a couple of challenging months coming up....when we live apart...but the end result will make it all worthwhile.
@KrauseHome (33368)
Wishing you the Best in this New transition. I know things like this are Never easy
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We don't expect it to be easy...but we both feel it will be satisfying.
That's nice that you went exploring the neighbourhood a bit.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
It was fun. This week I had my partner with me...in February I'll be by myself. That will be another new experience.
Lots of going back and forth.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
Thank you. We had a safe trip both ways. Hubby gets a bit sore from sitting, but he is already counting down to when we are there permanently.
Haha. Lots of homes. When do you officially move in or have you already?
@Morleyhunt (16527)
We officially move in May. I will be in our new home for most of February and March.
@Scrapper88 (1203)
I hope you enjoy the new house.
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I'm sure we will. We are looking forward to being in the new house, full time and together in May.