My Humans are Strange

Winston Salem, North Carolina
The humans around here absolutely boggle my wee Lego mind sometimes. A couple of days ago they celebrated Thanksgiving. That involved spending half of the day cooking, forty-five minutes or so eating and a good part of the rest of the day groaning about having eaten too much. Since then Mrs. J has refused to cook at all and is making the rest survive on leftovers. This morning the humans and the Golden Turd took me out on a hike. I got to ride along as they spent a couple of hours climbing up a mountain and then climbing back down again. The fresh air was pleasant and the view was superlative. I’m just glad I didn’t have to walk on my own two feet. 3.6 miles is a long way for my short little legs. Back at home, I spent the afternoon relaxing with my feet up. The humans, at least a couple of them, decided that they hadn’t yet had enough fresh air and spent the afternoon working in the yard. It’s evening now, an anyone sensible would be sitting with a good book or a fun movie. My humans? They’re playing a rousing game of Wii Golf. There is no fresh air involved, and judging by the scores and the occasional growl they aren’t very good. I gotta admit, though, they do sound like they are enjoying themselves. What are you doing to relax this evening?
It sounds like a great day to me! Not much happening here, just Mylotting for a bit while everyone is occupied with watching tv before bed for a bit.
I'm MyLotting while the humans fuss at the Wii. I suspect they'd all be really bad at a real game of golf as well.
@Platespinner We're only good at mini golf in this house.
Do not worry Emmett, we humans are pretty weird. We love to complain, no matter what we do. They are surely having fun.
The golf session ended with a fit of laughter and some gentle accusations about not putting the Wii GamePad on the charging base overnight.
@Platespinner I hope you found the guilty.
I am watching a hockey game.
Nobody in this family watches sports.
You could say you have very lively humans. I am sure it is hard to understand the things humans do. I am probably sleeping to enjoy my evening or trying to fall asleep. I am not a lively one like them.
They seem to be at their liveliest when normal people are taking the opportunity to relax.
@Platespinner ok Mrs J/Emmett.
I hate to ask - and no doubt I've missed it somewhere -- but what is the Golden Turd? I'm getting terrible images coming to mind.
Behold; the Golden Turd. Aka Nessie.
@Platespinner A good friend brought her five grandkids to stay once for a couple of days and one of them we called the 'little turd'. Not in her hearing of course. She was quite a monster but is now the most delightful young girl. I'm sure Nessie will undergo a similar transformation in time - if she lives long enough!
• Eugene, Oregon
I spent quite a bit of time MyLotting and practicing my guitar. We were both a bit tired after going up to Portland on Thursday and back on Friday.
I'm not sure anyone around here ever concedes to being tired. Except when there are chores to be done.
• Eugene, Oregon
@Platespinner That happens to me a lot, funny thing!
Oh that poor golden turd, just be glad Mrs J doesn't let the turd get hold of you, what a mess you'd be if that were to happen. So, you were too embarrassed to face the camera? I mean the shot was really good but you shoulda been grinning at us.
I was enjoying the view. Getting me to sit securely on the branch was a bit of a challenge since the wind was rather gusty. The first attempt resulted in me going over the side of 10 foot rock face. Fortunately, I didn't bounce the rest of the way down the mountain.
Thankfully Mrs J was able to retrieve you @Platespinner
Mylot and a movie
That sounds nice and relaxing!
Wishing for something for my daughter.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
Relaxing....ready for a long sit today. Hubby now has a pillow to protect his skinny bum.
I hope that pillow made the journey more pleasant for him!
@Morleyhunt (16729)
@Platespinner it made a big difference. This will be his travel pillow!
This is such a cute post. I was just noticing your profile picture having a lego guy and was going to ask what that was about when I spotted this post with the Lego guy in nature.
Mrs. J and I sort of share this account. She hasn't been letting me use it much lately, though.
@Fleura (6225)
I like to climb up a hill and then down again for fun sometimes! The golden turd is cute : )
@UncleJoe (8589)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Let me clue you in on something, Emmett. 3.6 miles is too far for OLD legs too. However, with enough rest breaks I could make it in a couple of days.