A Tip Top Day!

Hello everyone! I'm a bit later posting then I usually am, but I've been out and about today. My days off are busier then some of my working days-just don't tell my boss that. And today was one of those days. We were up and out the door early, attended church and then stopped back home for a few minutes, and a wardrobe change. Then out to breakfast. We have found such a wonderful place to eat, I actually just wrote them a raving review on tripadvisor. After breakfast we went for a nice drive in the country. We went out about an hour from the city. I cannot believe how much I miss seeing the rolling countryside, acres and acres of fields. Some with corn still standing, most of the farmland has been tilled over for the season. I love drives like that! And now we're back home again. I got some vacuuming done. We picked up some turkey gravy at the turkey farm, so that will go with tonight's turkey breast that I'll put into the oven in a little while. And after I mop the kitchen, hall and bathroom floors, I intend on mylotting for the afternoon. Just what I call a perfect tip top day-how's your day shaping up? ~Picture is mine of our former backyard view of the farmland
I love, love going for country rides too.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Your day sounds pretty wonderful and the country photo, brings back some beautiful memories:) Thanks!
It does, I miss living out in the country. This was a view taken from our back deck. But we'll stay in town until we retire, its closer for us for work. But I would leave in a heartbeat if it weren't for earning a living......
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv If we were financially able to, we'd be living way out in the country.
@kobesbuddy We timed our purchase and sale of our country home just right. I found out that the sellers had already had a new home constructed, so they had to move, and that allowed us to knock a lot off of our purchase price. And we sold earlier this year, and the market is hot.
You really did have a perfect day!! We have sunshine and a bit warmer temps here, and that does make for a really nice day too.
Yes, that sun is shining brightly here as well. And it makes you feel so awfully great. I've got my second tray of thumb print cookies in the oven right now. Enjoy your afternoon.
That is very good I wish to go for a long ride.
Well we went for a really long ride. I had 2 cups of coffee before we started the ride, and before we ended it, I regretted that choice.
I have been lazy so far but I am about to get outside and work in the back yard. Have a wonderful evening!
Thanks you enjoy the rest of your lazy Sunday, we all need those once in a while don't we?
Mike and I go for country drive many times.In fact we went yesterday.
Its just so relaxing isn't it? I'm almost finish baking Christmas cookies now.
@Juliaacv wow you are way ahead of me.
@amadeo No, this was just my first day of baking. I want to get alot done next weekend because I have surgery on the 7th and I want the majority of it done by then.
@MarymargII (8368)
• Toronto, Ontario
Nice to have a drive in the country any time- and getting stuff done is always a bonus!
It was a great day, but boy, was I ever tired come the end of it all.
• Toronto, Ontario
@Juliaacv I'm sure you were- but it was a good full day!
@moffittjc (35735)
• Gainesville, Florida
I would say that at least once a month I'll jump in the truck and just go for a drive out in the countryside to check out the scenery. It's always so relaxing and peaceful
Really lowers the blood pressure and gives the grey matter between the ears a break doesn't it?
@moffittjc (35735)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Juliaacv Definitely lowers the blood pressure and the stress levels! It's very therapeutic!
I love to go up and look down at the rolling hills. Yesterday was a cold day, but sunny and clear, the view was beautiful.
@cahaya1983 (9677)
Sounds like a fun off day for you. I could enjoy the view in the countryside for hours.
When had a nice and relaxing day
I loved driving through the countryside in France for this reason - just open country much of the time with intermittent villages.
Today is just an average Sunday for me. Nothing special happening.