Day TwentySix -

Today I'm thankful for being able to sponsor another Cape Cod Family this Christmas. Okay, so on our way home from getting my brother from work last night the radio had a commerical about this sponsor other Cape Cod families for Christmas thing. Then I checked my email and I had an email from the Cape Cod Times (newspaper).. with them mentioning the same thing.. So of course I was now more curious, and decided to go to the website through my email.. Holy wow! There's a lists of about 1,000 families who need help with Christmas this year. And when you click the link for a family, it gives a little description of how many people are in the family, names and ages, what issues they may have (laid off, disabled, mental health etc) and what each person is into and would like. Well that sounds like a great deed, and we're always helping people out - so I thought why not at least look at the families and see if there's any we could help.. There was! It's a 21 year old male, who's disabled. He loves WWE and Football, which is prefect because so do we! And we already have some of the things he wants, so I told my mom and she told me to sign us up. So I did. And boy did it feel great just signing us up! So I know it'll feel even better when we bag everything up and drop it off at one of the drop off locations. Just wish we had the money to do more, because although we have plenty of new toys for kids of all ages and new slippers of different sizes.. If you sponsor - you have to do the whole family.. and some want / need giftcards for clothes, while most of them need / want giftcards to get christmas dinner and or gas And we don't even have much money for ourselves this time of year. Ugh Maybe next year we can do more! But definitely thankful and happy we could at least do this one family! Photo is mine. Made using paint on my laptop.
You are a generous person.
Thank you. Get it from my momma.
@moffittjc (35729)
• Gainesville, Florida
Great job Courtney! I love your spirit of giving, even if you don't have enough to do everything you want. That was very thoughtful of you, and I'm sure the recipient of your generosity will be very appreciative!
Thank you! I really hope so!
@moffittjc (35729)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Every little bit helps! Even when we don't think we're making a difference!
@moffittjc yes.! Just wish others would do the same back to us or give back to anyone in general, or people would give to us too in general bescause we always go without yet make sure others dont.
That is so awesome!! Y'all help so many, it's incredible.
Thanks! We try.
@FayeHazel (11791)
Oh that is cool. Bless you for doing that.
Thanks. Seemed like it was "meant to be" for us
@FayeHazel (11791)
@Courtlynn A good fit for sure
@bunnybon7 (33092)
• Holiday, Florida
I used to do that and just the feeling of doing Gods work was so good. these days it is all I can do to keep up with my immediate family here.
I'm glad you use to do the same. More people need to help out their communities, and just people in general. Even if you can't afford more than one $5 toy, its better than nothing. Especially to those families. Hope you get some goodies this year.
@bunnybon7 (33092)
• Holiday, Florida
@Courtlynn usually people buy too much for me and I tell them it is mostly about kids. but I do buy a little something because I know they will do this. I have 5 grown kids, 7 grandkids , and 6 great grandkids.
@bunnybon7 wow that's alot. I thought you only had like 2 kids plus your daughters bf. I get thinking its about kids because santa and what not but honestly. Its not and im glad its not as everyone deserves a few gifts every year. And you certainly do.
@tammys85 (8678)
That's so sweet of you guys! I know you wish you could do more, but believe me, you're gonna make a difference in someone's life this holiday season. :)
Thank you! As are you with mom and me.
@tammys85 (8678)
@Courtlynn Awww!
@tammys85 yes so thank you again, for thinking of us again for christmas.
That's so wonderful! Any help anyone can give is much appreciated by the recipient. Bless you!
Thanks. With most, it's appreciated. But some also take advantage and aren't so grateful
@Courtlynn Just as long as we do what we think is the right thing is all that matters.
@DianneN i guess
You are a very generous person Courtney, good for you for helping out like that.
Thank you, Julia.
@Courtlynn Thank you, for showing us all how to give from the heart.
@Juliaacv just doing as momma raised me
That is wonderful. You and your mom have such huge hearts. He is going to like whatever you get for him.
Thank you!
@Courtlynn you are welcome
It is good that you are helping that one person.
I think so too!
That man will be so delighted with whatever you give to him. Knowing that others care will be the best gift of all.
I hope so!
I wish I could do that here. I am all out now but it would be so much fun.
Not really fun.. as it's sad all these families can't buy for their loved ones.. just a good deed.