A Very Generous High School Batchmate

Last November 15, our high school batchmate came home from the US to visit her mother who is ailing. So, she also asked that our batchmates meet and so we did! But actually, yearly, she comes home and we always eat at a restaurant and have a blast of stories. We met at Kuya J, a restaurant that caters Filipino foods. As you can see in the picture, we ordered a lot and they were all delicious! Usually, we all share in the total cost of the foods. But this time, she paid the bill despite bringing us “pasalubongs” or gifts. She saw the high heeled sandal I was wearing and liked it. She asked that I accompany her to buy one which is just at the same floor of the mall. So after that, we went first to a photo exhibit, then some went back to their offices while some of us accompanied her. While at the department store, she told us to choose shoes or sandals for ourselves and that will be her gifts to us. She is so generous! We chose our respective shoes and they are all in the picture. So, from the shoes we all bought, can you determine which one is mine and which one is hers?
@averygirl72 (14052)
Kuya J restaurant that's great we've been there and the food is delicious. Your lucky to have a friend who is so generous. They really enjoy sharing their blessings to others. You have a good day I see
Actually, this resto has been in the mall for a year, but hubby and I don't go there to eat because whenever we go there after dismissal at night, it's always fully packed. But since this time it's a weekday and lunch, it's not. Besides, the two tables were reserved for our group.
@averygirl72 (14052)
@SIMPLYD Oh I see it's popular there. I wonder if it's the same here in our place. I want to taste their halo halo
@averygirl72 The halo-halo doesn't have plenty of stuff or "halo". Though after you have thoroughly mixed them all the ice itself is so soft and tasty.
It's so good to have nice and generous friends like yours. I only wear shoes with high heels, I know you too, so your shoes are the two on the front.
Only one, my dear Anna. It's the one on the left. The one on the right was hers. It's the same as what I am wearing but hers is beige in color. Same size as mine too - size 5.
@SIMPLYD you're only size 5? it's quite small for your height.
@SIMPLYD I also have size 5, 35 European.
What a kind friend you have. I'd guess the two pairs at the front are yours and your friend's.
Yes, you are so right. The one same with what I am wearing in the picture is hers. So the other one is mine. Different style, but same high heels. Though the base of the hill is a square of 1" x 1" size.
@SIMPLYD They look really lovely.
@JudyEv The high helled ones? The loafer has a cushion like sole inside the shoes. However, it"s not with a bit of heels so it's not for me. I have planar fascitis.
@dpk262006 (54760)
It seems that you had a blast with your friend and you availed of her generosity.
I was even not choosing a sandal when we went there to buy her shoes. The others were but I thought they were paying. But the batchmate told me to choose , because she will already paying , after a while. So since I was eyeing this sandal for our Christmas parties, I got it.
@dpk262006 (54760)
@SIMPLYD Your friend is really generous and she should her generosity to the fullest. I think it is not so that you cannot afford to buy those sandals yourself with your money, it was her gesture, which is really commendable.
@dpk262006 Precisely. It's the gesture of her giving us those indeed. In fact, one of us is a doctor. We can well afford them, but her paying for it means it's her gift to us. No wonder she's so blessed to have many clients as realty broker in the US. Besides her $1 is equivalent to our 50 pesos.
@hereandthere (24137)
i like the loafer and the sneakers. if i were a balikbayan, i would prefer doing that, too, buy local and let the person choose.
The loafer was the doctor's choice. The sneakers were the choice of our tomboy batchmate. You are right, at least it isn't in dollars to pay and would only cost her at least $150 for all of those.
@SIMPLYD because by letting the person choose what they like, you can be sure they'll use it.
@hereandthere Yes and that way, you will feel happy.
It's lovely to be with generous people. I am surrounded with generous people but I love to be generous as well. Sometimes I prefer spending and giving than receiving.
Given that I have lots of money, I will surely be generous too. But I budget my money well to have allotments for the things I like to buy.
@JustBhem (22482)
• Davao, Philippines
To be honest, I can't tell. They look pretty to me. Wow. You are lucky to have a friend who is very generous. For sure, her blessings will prosper.
@JustBhem (22482)
• Davao, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Is it abroad?
@JustBhem Yes, you didn't remember again what you read.
@JustBhem (22482)
• Davao, Philippines
@SIMPLYD Wow. She must be rich now.
@ridingbet (37917)
i think your pair of footwear is that one in front, left, with the gold color.i remember that you don't like to wear flats, even slippers in your house, so i am hinting it is either the left or the right one, in front of those 3 pairs of flat shoes.
Yes, you really can remember those . I actually, can't wear flats now specially when I will be going around he mall. I have planar facitis. So the sole f the footwear shouls at least be elevated even an inch and is soft.
@ridingbet (37917)
@SIMPLYD but you are not flat - footed and there is an arch, right my lady?
@ridingbet Yes, there's an arch.
She must be quite successful and generous! I assume she bought the flats and you the heels.
Yes, she's blessed to have many clients for being a realty broker there in the US. No, she bought that one on the right front. The same but different color as my high heeled sandals she liked that's why we went to that department store where I bought it a year ago. The left one is mine, high heels of course but the base is also square not so tiny stiletto heels.
@SIMPLYD They both look so pretty!
@DianneN It means my choices of shoes are pretty too?
• Guangdong, China
wow, it will be one of the restaurant choices when I visit Philippines.
Really, will you be visiting the Philippines soon? Yes, when you visit the Philippines, you should eat at restaurants that serve Filipino dishes.
• Guangdong, China
@SIMPLYD I surely will eat local food.
@YrNemo (8585)
The sandal/slipper ones are yours (I cheated, I magnified the photo and looked at your footwear and the size of your feet!) .
You are right. The one I am wearing is the one that my batchmate bought for herself. The one at its left is mine. Also a high heel. I will wear it to our Corporate Christmas party in Manila on Dec. 8th and our office Christmas party also on Dec. 21.
@YrNemo (8585)
Very generous indeed.
Well, given the fact that $1 is equivalent to our 50 pesos here, the worth of all the shoes is only about $150 . That's a small amount for her.
@sishy7 (27319)
That's easy to guess - but which one of the two at the front is yours? I'm guessing the one with the pattern?
Yes, one of the two in front. Have you seen my clue? I was wearing the sandals she likes. So, I will choose that one at the side of the sandals same as mine.
@sishy7 (27319)
@SIMPLYD I can't really see the one you're wearing too well... Were you wearing the patterned one? So your new pair would be the beige color next to the patterned one? They're both cute sandals...
@sishy7 (27319)
@hereandthere I see lumpia... big bones of something... and ube ice cream?
She sounds a lovely generous person. I'm guessing yours are one of the pairs in the front.
Yes, that one on the left. The one I am wearing is like that on the right side. She wants gold like mine but no stock anymore, though that one is very nice too, seemed like peach or beige combination.
@SIMPLYD They do look lovely - both pairs.
@jaboUK So does it mean I choose sandals beautifully.
It is nice of your High School Batchmate to foot the bill for the dining together and buy you shoes .She is the type of person who sets store by feelings indeed.
Indeed. She is most generous this year. She comes home every year and we would all go out.
@SIMPLYD She is a filial daughter.It must cost a lot for her to come home for a round trip.
@changjiangzhibin89 Sometimes they are business trips to the Philippines.
How nice of her, my friend. I think that your shoes is the rubber one.
Yes, she's so generous. She's in Manila and will be meeting our high school batchmates based there, at the Shangrila. No, I don't wear rubber shoes. It hurts my left sole if I wear flat shoes. I have planar fascitis. I discovered it when I bought an inch high casual sandals and wore it going to my parents' house and to the mall.
@SIMPLYD i've had officemates, one younger, one older, who say they actually trip when they wear flats.
@hereandthere Yes, that happened to me maybe twice already.
It looks like you had a good time.
Oh yes, we had a very enjoyable sharing of stories while eating. Then, seeing the art exhibit of our batchmate who is the curator of the whole art exhibit just within the mall alleys. Most of all, we had a nice time choosing the shoes we like for ourselves.
@SIMPLYD what was the theme of the exhibit?
@hereandthere It's a painting exhibit of some artists, in charcoal.
It is nice to catch up with friends. So sorry to hear that her reason for coming back here in the Philippines is to attend to her ailing mother. I'm guessing your's is the pair in front, the one with a silver design
That one is the same as what I was wearing. It's hers. Mine is the other one- cream. Both are in 3 inches heels. Her ailing mother got well the moment she arrived. She was just actually just missing her presence.
@SIMPLYD 'Her ailing mother got well the moment she arrived. She was just actually just missing her presence', that is good to know. You have the exact taste in heels. That is good.
A very generous friend indeed!
And she is prayerful. She always lead the prayer before we eat.
@kepweng (6381)
Its nice that your school mate in high schoool Still have bonding ! i never experienced these beacuse mostly my classmate in highschool are evil bully people i have no friends
Actually, the ones a bit of bullies have now matured and are very kind. People mellow as they age. You will be surprised when you meet them and they are old already.