It's Always Something

Good morning everyone! We have a bright sunny day for the start of this new week (and last week in November). Yesterday when we were getting the Christmas decorations out of the basement my daughter noticed a puddle of water around the hot water tank. This is never good news Looks like Santa will be bringing us a new tank for an early Christmas present. Not exactly what I had on my wish list but I do enjoy hot water The good news is my son is a plumber but he can't get here until tomorrow. So far the puddle hasn't gotten much bigger and I'm just praying it doesn't just break all together and I have a flood. We're keeping a close eye on it. So, for now I'll push that to the back of my mind, enjoy my morning coffee, the sunshine and chatting with my friends here on myLot. What's going on with you today?
not much going on.The good news I play a good game of tennis.I am pleased with this.
Having a son who is a plumber really has to come in handy. It does seem with a home, there are just too many things in it that can break!
The good thing is help is on the way - hope the tank just hangs on until tomorrow! Today the kids go back to school and hopefully we go back on normal routine - last week was a crazy Thanksgiving week off.
I'm sorry, I hope it will be fixed soon and I'm sorry for the extra expense you will now have. I hope you have a great day still. =)
Good thing you noticed the puddle before it got worse. Today I will be on Mylot and also try to complete an order for overseas.
Did you create a bank of old towels or something around the puddle to prevent spreading?
Keep a very good eye on it. I would not like this one on my xmas list either.
Keep an eye on it, you are right that water around the water tank is never a good sign.
I hate when water tanks rupture, for me it means paying high labor costs to a plumber I don't even know. You are so lucky your son is a plumber. I plan to visit a friend today but that's about all.
Nothing as exciting as that! Just my morning routine..
I hope it holds
@amnabas (9928)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Nothing am tired after night stay at hospital I am relaxing on my bed right now.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
Lucky that you found the leak soon enough.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Not a whole lot. I was going to go to the used bookstore this morning but they're closed on Mondays.
I am sorry that happen at this time of year I hope nothing like that happens to someone I know. I can't imagine ever wanting to own a house. I hate the thought of what goes wrong in them. I am having a good day here.
@LoriAMoore (9949)
It really is always something. I don't want to go up in the attic crawl space just so I won't find anything wrong.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
Yea I'm kinda partial to hot water myself. Hope it holds out and your son can get to it before it blows. You might just get lucky and he can fix it.
At least your plumber is your son and that will save you lots of money,
@tom_view (2668)
• Kolkata, India
my birthday bash.
Did you check the facet on the front of the tank? Once I had a one leaking in a rental and I found it on a routine inspection, it was just the facet, someone had turned it a little.