What do you think?

Marion, Kansas
I will admit I am a little sheltered. Today I learned about a popular Over the Counter medication that opioid addicts are using when they cannot get their drug of choice.Some of them are dying from it. I am refraining from saying what it is, because. . . Sometimes when these things are publicized people like me, who did not know about it, learn about it. IF I were an addict, and did not know about it, but learned. . . I would have another source of cheap medication to cause me to get high. In otherwords, sometimes publicity does not WARN people, but enables them to abuse drugs. Am I wrong? It might be argued that if they are addicted they might already know about this readily available substitute. Still, I will not tell you what it is. I do not want to contribute.
Trust me they know. Lol.
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
Yup when they have nothing else left
• Marion, Kansas
Well, if they know, then they are smarter than me.
@LoriAMoore (10162)
I wonder about that too when news channels talk about how to make a pipe bomb or how someone robbed a bank, it's like they're giving instructions on how to do it.
• Marion, Kansas
That is kind of how I feel.
You are not wrong, i agree with you..
• Marion, Kansas
We almost have to think twice about anything.
@GardenGerty i guess so
@Shiva49 (9752)
Addicts go any extent to get their fill. They have to kick the deadly habit and I agree our actions should not even indirectly further their misery - siva
• Marion, Kansas
I was totally surprised to learn that this medicine was used that way.
I tried various things when I was young and thankfully it didn't kill me. One after using it a lot made my friend and I very sick and we never touched it again.
• Marion, Kansas
I am so glad you learned your lesson. That was surely a blessing.
I think too much publicity can contribute to the cases of copycat incidents. Some things don't need to be broadcast far and wide,
• Marion, Kansas
It is a tough call actually. If I had a dependent who abused meds, I would want to know that if I saw this common med, it is trouble, but if my loved one did not know it, I would not want them to learn of it from a news article.
@sallypup (22094)
• Moses Lake, Washington
People want to hurt themselves, they will find a way.
• Marion, Kansas
Yes, but used correctly this is a helpful medication.
@HazySue (17185)
I wouldn't name it either. They will probably find out what it is but I don't want to be the one to tell them.
• Marion, Kansas
Yeah. I think things are publicized online way too much.
• Lakewood, Colorado
I am sure who ever wants it will find it Heather. And it will be broadcast in the media.
• Marion, Kansas
Sure it will. If it bleeds it reads.
That reminds me of that diet pill that was so popular decades ago. It helped thousands lose weight, but was later taken off the market because it was basically tantamount to speed.
Phen Phen.. I took it for awhile, oh it was awesome at first! I loved how much I could get accomplished. This was actually right after they discovered the health risks so they tried to make it healthier, but even that was taken away eventually.
@katsmeow1213 Wow. It makes me wish I had tried it. I could have used some help getting things accomplished.
• Marion, Kansas
There was an over the counter one, and people, YOUNG people, were having heart failure from it. It was ephedrine. It also was in some teas for helping you breathe better when you had a cold, but boy, it could make you feel all wired.