The retail grumpiness is in the air!

I do not envy any retail employees this time fof year. At one point I was one of them, worked one season of Christmas madness at Macys as an overnight merchandiser about a century ago. Pay was terrible and only a few times did I have to work while the store was actually open. Which was a plus. I was bored and too lazy to go to the gym today before work but not too lazy to go to the mall briefly (imagine that) and managed to buy a couple gifts (am almost done with my shopping,hurrah) where in 2 different stores I was met with an absolutely flat out rude cashiers. I get the levels of stress are high with the season in full swing. I just imagine if you cant keep friendly or even just say a quick "thanks for shopping" under pressure... I guess its a skill one must learn. I have no idea if these folks are normally grumpy or if its due to busyness of their shops. Retail employees out there - first thanks for your service. And how do you keep cool unde the craziness of the season? Are you able to stay friendly?
I could never survive being a retail employee and have never been one.
Same here, could not be in the retail world.
@Ithink (6852)
I guess we were lucky every store we went to had amazing workers and people. It was actually a good time. Had conversations with a lot of people that we were standing in line with.
OH goodness it's been years since I been in a mall shopping. Good grief I would be so out of sorts. I just use retailmenot and shop online. I get packages to my door.
Thats a good idea too.
That's why I do my shopping online. I get to avoid the rude shoppers and rude employees.
I know. I probably should have but there were a few stores I just wanted to browse at. Its crazy how such a joyous holiday turns people into...very mean creatures!!
@HazySue (17130)
I know what you mean. These poor retail workers really get the brunt of shoppers grumpiness this time of year.
Surprisingly my brother dorsnt complain much over customers this time of year
I noticed that the other day when i was shopping. The holiday season can bring out the worse in some people.
I think working at night when your not around so much of the holiday shoppers would be much easier to handle.