STILL No Word On My Surgery

It is now after Thanksgiving and I still do not have a date set for my surgery. I was told a month ago that I would hear back from them by the end of the week, and that I could plan on having surgery "sometime after Thanksgiving." It has now been four weeks and Thanksgiving is over. I called the specialist's office two weeks ago but got sent to voicemail. I left a message asking them to call me back, but they never did. Now that the holiday has passed, I will call again and see if I can find out what the holdup is. I was hoping that I would have the surgery before December; I don't want to have it in December and be held up recovering during the holidays. (Plus I have tickets to see the new Star Wars movie opening night, and I am NOT going to miss it!) If they try to schedule it for December, I will tell them to push it back until January. Still, it would be nice to know when to expect all this to happen, so I can plan ahead. My partner needs at least two weeks notice to request time off work. And we will need to figure out what we're going to do, since I have to travel about 3 hours away to have the surgery; we may need to drive down the night before and stay in a hotel, since I will have to do a bowel prep the night before. I don't like the idea of having to drive 3 hours after taking a laxative. I wish I didn't have to go so far away for this surgery...and that they would at least get back to me and fill me in on what the plan is.
@mandala100 (36233)
@Srbageldog Our thoughts and prayers for your surgery my friend.
Thank you.
I hope everything goes good for you with the surgery.
Thank you, me too.
Of course you cannot be on the road after taking the laxative, you need to stay in a hotel. I hope they can give you a date and stick on it.
Thanks. Yes, that's another thing to worry about, what if I make arrangements for everything and they change the date at the last minute? Hopefully that will not happen.
@Srbageldog All the hotels have a policy, they do not charge if you cancel the bedroom, even the same day, before a certain time of the day.
@LadyDuck That is good to know at least.
@tzwrites (4637)
I think you should keep calling and bugging them about it so you can know for sure.
You're right probably, I just hate calling. Last week was Thanksgiving here in the U.S., so I didn't bug them then because of the holiday. I will start bugging them this week.
@m_audrey6788 (13818)
My prayers for your successful surgery
Thank you.
Hope you will hear something soon.
Thanks, me too. I hate the waiting game.
I'm sorry they haven't scheduled it yet. Hope they do soon.
Thanks. I forgot to call today (my sister was over and we were caught up in doing stuff) so I will try to call tomorrow and find out what's going on.
@Srbageldog goodluck! And glad you spent more time with your sister.
@Courtlynn Thanks, me too. We ended up getting blasts from Sonic and sat outside eating them.
Bug them again.
I will call them later today.