Groceries: Did you somehow notice their improvements lately?

youtube.com (google)
Germany
Hello mylotters Family! Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Yesterday after dinner we went out to buy some food for a week and saw some changes in the store I know, I`m sensitive when it comes seeing their faults and had made some discussions about their price tags but to be fair I`ll be sharing now their improvement on this I saw there are people around now checking price tags at their shelves and making sure those discounts will be accurate and reliable I just hope they will continue doing it to give buyers comfort visiting their stores How about you my dear mylotters? Did you somehow notice the changes on some stores? Did you think that there are good managers and staff making their job well by improving on the problem? It feels good that others giving some effort on improving their performances when given some complaints Photo from: youtube.com (google)
Our supermarkets are pretty high tech and try their best to make the consumers happy.
Wow! Your supermarkets are very well handles and I`m sure they do have a good management system too Thank you for sharing
@m_audrey6788 They certainly have improved over the years!
@DianneN Oh great! Here they seemed to lost the importance of customer service but glad that they are improving lately Thank you
The items are getting smaller while the price remains the same.
I've noticed that too. Or in some cases the price increases!
Oh gosh! I guess the supermarkets partners have made some quality changes but maybe you can give some customer complaints if you want them to be aware of your findings
@Srbageldog It`s their partners items that made some changes not to affect the prices as supermarkets requires them not to make too much price changes
@dodoazo (11066)
Last week while I was shopping alone in one of our supermarts here, I had an altercation with the teller or cashier. I was surprised the price in their computer has a great difference with its tag. I told her that's too embarrassing if the customer has enough money to buy such item and he has short of cash because the price tag isn't updated.
Oh yes so true! You have a big point there! I hope they will do some improvements after getting some complaints from you Did you somehow notice something that you complain from them and they do some actions on it?
@kiran8 (15203)
• Mangalore, India
I have had several altercation/argument with cashiers with regard to wrong pricing , low quality , selling products that are old etc etc .. I have always received an incentive after they investigated , which shows that they do care ..I feel it is the staff that is to be blamed , not taking off stuff with date bar or sticking the price tags on local products
@kiran8 Wow! That`s a good one Thank you so much for sharing
I haven't noticed any improvements around here. The place I go pretty much has a monopoly on the market and they know it.
Oh ok Even if many people have complaints?
@Srbageldog (5399)
It depends. Some weeks certain items are on sale, but then by the next week the price goes back up.
Oh so quick changes there but what do you think affects you most? The price tags they posted registered right on their cashier system or those items price tags?
@Srbageldog Yes and it happened to me 3 times and let them aware of it Good thing that my husband is very careful looking at it before we go out of the store but lately they are working on it around here and I find it good I hope there will be a way that your stores do something about your concerns
well here I know that the manager does a great job.
Glad to know that Thank you for sharing
@tzwrites (3791)
I lived in Germany for the past 2 years and I think Penny was okay with prices. I found that Rewe had the problem where there was one price on the tag and another at the register.
Penny had some a few months ago and posted it on my discussion but they made good improvements on things. Rewe too and they are doing something lately too
@alberello75 (13491)
• Genova, Italy
Often this unfortunately happens to me as well. My mother sends me a grocery shopping. I mark on a sheet the prices of individual products. In the end, when I get to the cashier, prices are never the same! And, who knows why I (and every other client) have to pay more and more of the due! Only my mother once had to argue with the foreman
I understand your feeling and hope you let those cashiers and supervisors of the store aware of that incorrect prices in order for them to do something about it and not others experience the same Thank you for sharing
@alberello75 (13491)
• Genova, Italy
@m_audrey6788 The problem is that practically all mall clients, they spend a lot more! This is wrong!
@alberello75 What do you mean?
I think the products' prices are still the same. Some of the local groceries had fixed their pagodas.
Oh They don`t put some price discounts or promos?
@m_audrey6788 As much as possible, I don't want to be involved in.
@Shavkat Me too! Thank you so much for sharing
What they do in the grocery store is move things around and there are times I cannot find them and have to ask. It is like they are trying to see how smart we are to find them or something.
Oh ok Did your store there have some suggestion box? where you can put some concerns there?
@m_audrey6788 nope, no suggestion box. Can ask people that work there if want to or wander around the store.
@Hannihar Oh ok Since the staff there are approachable then it`s good Thank you for sharing
@Ganma7 (1984)
The grocery store near us has just remodeled the store. They are offering prepared foods to go and very fresh salads. Lots of produce and some good sales
Wow! Then it`ll be fun visiting at your grocery store from time to time Thank you for sharing
@Ganma7 (1984)
@m_audrey6788 Yes it is lovely many more choices
@Ganma7 Thank you for sharing my dear friend
• New Baltimore, Michigan
For me, the best store would have to be Meijer, although it is a little farther away from my house than Kroger. Meijer has a better selection of pet foods, not only for my cats, but also for my outdoor/wildlife animal friends, and of course for my 2 Oscar fish. But it's still kind of a pain to drive out of my way to get there, when Kroger is literally 2 minutes away from my house. Both stores have great deals, esp. when you see that "price drop" sign on certain items. The key is to make friends with the stock workers. They can show you the best deals, and some will even go out of their way to order more of an item if you ask them nicely enough. Don't let them fool you when they say they're not in charge of ordering things, they can always go to the ordering staff and make a request for you, if you ask them nicely enough. When in doubt, flirt with them a little. They'll do it. Also, if you can make friends with some managers, they will let you get away with things that other shoppers aren't allowed to do. Example: I know a manager at Meijer, and he allows me to steal free ice from the store whenever I want. They have a soda machine, but all I really care about is the ice. So whenever I want a big cup of ice, I just go ahead, fill up the cup, and walk out of the store once I'm finished shopping. He told me that if I ever get into any trouble when exiting the store, or if the alarms go off, or I get arrested for stealing ice all I have to do is say ----- ----- said I was allowed to do it, and he's a manager. (I didn't use his name to protect his identity.) So those are the 2 best stores IMO, and yep, I see improvements in both of them. I don't care too much for Walmart. Something depressing about that place.
Oh gosh! I`m sure you don`t abuse the managers generous offer? Anyways, Thank you for sharing me your views, thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
• New Baltimore, Michigan
@m_audrey6788 No worries, I don't abuse his generous offer. I only shop @ Meijer about once a week. Kroger has always been my go-to store for about 15 yrs. now - (just so much closer.) Happy myLotting!
@Melanie_Marie Good Thank you for sharing and dropping by here! Happy mylotting to you too
@averygirl72 (13721)
Once in a while the supermarket here in our place can be annoying. Anyway I enjoy shopping there most of the time
May I know why it`s annoying in your supermarket?
@averygirl72 (13721)
@m_audrey6788 They have this lane for senior citizen and we go there. We have two batch of groceries. The cashier didn't let us finish all our groceries she call a senior citizen to be first in the line. We have to wait very long and what's more annoying those strangers who go first with us took our groceries. I thought we will lost our groceries that day. They return it to us when the recognize it's not their groceries
@averygirl72 Oh ok. I understand your feeling and I hope the store management can find some solutions on your concerns only if you let them know that problem Thank you so much for sharing
@1hopefulman (20212)
I haven't had a problem with the scanning, just that sometimes the cashier enters the wrong code because she doesn't know one vegetable from another or as example, the difference between cherries and grapes.
Oh gosh! Did you let them correct that one?
@1hopefulman (20212)
@m_audrey6788 Unfortunately I didn't, because I only spotted it when I got home and it wasn't worth the trouble to go back for a couple of dollars. But these days, I check while I'm still in the store.
@1hopefulman Oh! That`s why I really want those stores to make improvements as others might get problems especially those who have limited money Thank you for sharing
• Portland, Connecticut
Our local IGA was just given a major overhaul and it looks fabulous and it is much better organized.
What`s IGA?
• Portland, Connecticut
@m_audrey6788 It is Independent Grocers Alliance. It is a U.S. brand of grocery stores that operates in more than 30 countries. Unlike the chain store business model, IGA operates as a franchise through stores that are owned separately from the brand.
@BelleStarr Oh! Thank you for giving me these information Glad that you have something like that there and gives a better service
I'm glad you're seeing improvements where you shop. I haven't paid attention to it, so I can't tell you if there's improvement or not.
Thanks you so much Yes glad to see them improving and hopefully they will be consistent
@m_audrey6788 That will be a good thing.
@just4him Thanks for sharing
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I just finished grocery shopping. It was very tiring. The store was well maintained. I am happy you saw improvements.
Oh yes! Glad to see them working on those complaints and hoping that they will continue to do so and glad that you`re done with your shopping but do you shop on nearly Christmas eve too? Thank you for sharing
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@m_audrey6788 oh yes, I shop throughout the month, with a few extras on Christmas eve. Do you do some shopping on Christmas eve too?
@YrNemo (8433)
I never really noticed. Some stores are better in their arrangements than the others. The messy ones often have less staff, but cheaper pricing (to make up for their messy arrangement I guess).
Oh so true! There are a few stores who don`t bother to atleast arrange their stores That`s why I always visit a clean stores Thank you for sharing
@Daelii (2016)
They do something similar in the US but not all stores do it!
Oh ok Thanks for sharing
@ridingbet (37876)
there are so many grocery stores here in my city now, and it is hard to find one that sells at the lowest price. there are also some employees who roam around catching those who shoplift, despite CCTVs functioning well.
Yes it`s really hard Sometimes you just have to accept it and just get what you need Atleast they catch those shoplifters because of CCTVs Thank you for sharing