No rest for the weary.

When you live paycheck to paycheck especially as a single parent, you can't afford to have part time hours at your job. This week at work (my work week finishes today and the new one starts tomorrow), I was originally scheduled 25.5. Yesterday, I was called in early. I clocked out at 32 hours. Before I left though, I was asked if I could come work a 6.5 hour shift today. Naturally, I said yes. The closer I can get to 40 hours for the week the better it is for me. I'm tired though and my knee and my ankle are not happy with me. Next week, I had 37.5 hours scheduled but picked up an extra 4 hours. That will put me with at least 1.5 hours of over time at time and a half. More than likely I will end up with 44 hours. I have 3 shifts that will range between 9.5 hours and 10 hours. Plus an 8.5 hour shift, plus a 5.5 hour shift. Work work work, but I have bills to catch up on. This weekend though, I'm taking my kids to the movies. They deserve a treat and I haven't been to the movies since the first week of October. Can't wait.
@nanette64 (13950)
• Fairfield, Texas
Try saving $5 a week in a baggie under the mattress @acrogodess . It might not sound like much but it does add up. Oh and don't do anything with the money; just keep saving it.
That's a great suggestion. Usually all the money I put aside ends up being used for laundry at the laundromat or for bus fare.
@nanette64 (13950)
• Fairfield, Texas
@acrogodess I just wish when I was younger (and made a lot of money), that I would have had the sense to save some. Back in the 1970's I was making $1,000 a week.
It is good that you are able to pick up some extra hours. All the extra money sure comes in handy and is much needed.
Next week I should be 100% caught up on bills. So a little treat will be nice. It's been since last year since we've seen a movie in theaters together
@acrogodess that will be nice.
Those extra hours will definitely come in handy regarding the money you will earn. I think treating the kids to a movie is a great idea!!!
Yeah, we haven't seen a movie in theaters together since sometime last year
@Daelii (2160)
I'm so glad things are going great for you all! What movie are you planning to see?
We want to see Justice League
@Daelii (2160)
@acrogodess That one sounds like it will be good! Enjoy it!
That will be very nice. if you invest ina broken firestick you won't pay for the movies again. You need It has to have kodi so it must be broken.Good day.
Thanks for the suggestion.
@Bluedoll (16824)
Life isn't so easy is it. Look after the little ones.
@Shiva49 (9758)
That is tough and you do need a break. Enjoy the time with kids - siva
How great to get a treat for you and your kids.
That's awesome that you can get some extra hours. It sounds like you can all use a treat!