Craving

the dried fish
@ridingbet (37892)
My mouth is watering. I wanted something sour. So I bought this 2 packs of dried fish which we will have for dinner. Each pack with 5 medium pieces of dried fish costs P10. I bought 3 plastic packs and fried 2 packs so we have 10 pieces. I sliced the 2 medium -sized ripe tomatoes, and brought out a small saucer for the vinegar where I will dip the fish on. I am just waiting for my sister to gulp down her medicine before we have our dinner. Do you crave something for your meals and do you get them right away?
I have never had dried fish. But would be willing to try it when I cook I use a different recipe for each meal I cook. I try not to repeat recipes as I do not give in to cravings often if I have one which is not often. hope your meal is yummy!
@ridingbet (37892)
yes it was yummy. i consumed the whole 3 pieces, including the head. but i know salty foods are not allowed for me so i soaked them with the vinegar.
@ridingbet happy you had such a good meal! What does vinegar do for salty foods that you would be able to eat the salty food? i never heard of using vinegar? Did the vinegar take away some of the tasty meal? I mean could you taste the vinegar?
@ridingbet (37892)
@Marty1 for me yes. the vinegar 'washes' the salt away, but the fish, before i fried them, were washed in running water under the faucet. we just love dipping fried fish in vinegar, and the more spicy, the better.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Gosh! I miss that dried fish
@ridingbet (37892)
don't you have a Filipino store there in Germany? surely they sell tuyo, right?
@ridingbet We have Asians stores here but not seen Tuyo
@ridingbet (37892)
@m_audrey6788 maybe 'tinapa'?
@josie_ (5090)
I sometimes have this Filipino meal for breakfast when there is left over rice which I make into sinangag (fried rice). Together with my cup of black coffee is a good way to start the day..
@ridingbet (37892)
i just had the craving last night so i thought my son and my sister won't eat what i wanted, but they also ate. i like this too for breakfast so, last night's dinner was 'an exception to the rule'.
@josie_ (5090)
@ridingbet _We never know when the food craving strikes. I pity the husbands of pregnant wives when they have to go out at night to find the items of their wife's craving.
@ridingbet (37892)
@josie_ right, especially if these wives ask for some peculiar foods like a square pineapple
Now you make me wanna crave to eat dried fish though I just finished having dinner.
@ridingbet (37892)
you can have the tuyo for your breakfast. hope you had one.
@miketagz (1346)
I love this dried fish when cooking it and combine with champorado (rice chocolate) makes meal fabulous.
@ridingbet (37892)
we had chocolate porridge (champorado) this morning but i did not add the remaining tuyo in my bowl. i still prefer evaporated milk over tuyo in my champorado.
@miketagz (1346)
@ridingbet yeah right. cocoa chocolate tablet is the best ingredient when making chocolate porridge than powdered.
@ridingbet (37892)
@miketagz and it tastes better if we cook with the real chocolates, those round ones. and not rice but the 'malagkit'.
@brokenbee (7743)
We also had "tuyo" last night. But I think it's better to eat it with fried rice than my boiled sweet potato... hihihihi
@ridingbet (37892)
really? you eat the tuyo with 'nilingta nga camote'? for us here, it is always rice, whether fried rice or the newly cooked rice.
@brokenbee (7743)
@ridingbet I started eating boiled sweet potato at night, instead of white rice, about two weeks ago.
@ridingbet (37892)
@brokenbee are you into weight reduction program?
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
I don't eat dried and salted fish anymore. How I wish I can. Drooling here.
@ridingbet (37892)
yes, it is absolutely restricted and not allowed to you because you have a kidney disease. therefore, maybe your foods are bland?
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
@ridingbet Well, sometimes.
@ridingbet (37892)
@JustBhem do you also have a 'cheat' meal, not a cheat day?i mean, do you add some salt or fish sauce to any of your food if they are not so palatable?
Dried fish are salty! And you wanted something sour!
@ridingbet (37892)
yes 'tuyo' is salty so i washed the fish under running water so the salt goes with it. then i fried the fish, and dipped/ soaked them in vinegar, and that was already sour for me.
@ridingbet Oh, when I hear sour I always think of green mangoes.
@ridingbet (37892)
@toniganzon right, and when i ate (i say it ATE because now, i am more in to the ripe ones), i dipped it with vinegar then sprinkled salt. also the santol. those were some sour fruits that i craved before. now, no more.
• Peoria, Arizona
That actually sounds good haha Not something I would normally crave but still seems interesting! I do get a lot of craving, some very very odd, and not always they get satisfied right away. I think I went a whole year wanting stuffed crusted pizza, it was pretty painful.
@ridingbet (37892)
there are some odd cravings, really. right now, my son is tremendously craving for spicy noodles so he asked me if he can cook the Jammphong Korean noodles now. i told him he should add more water so the noodles won;'t be too spicy. i like spicy noodles too.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ridingbet That sounds amazing haha I had an odd craving that was the taste of cherry cough syrup. I really don't know why I was craving it, but it just sounded so good at the time.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ridingbet I know of it. I was wanting off brand stuff something over the counter, I didn't have it because I don't like taking medicines, especially if I don't need it. But it was a very odd craving.
@jobelbojel (5037)
I miss this dried fish. I always buy boneless bangus. Last night I craved for pasta.
@ridingbet (37892)
pasta from Greenwich? sometimes, i crave for cornik with vinegar.
@ridingbet Not Greenwich - but I like the idea too. I like the spag in Jollibee.
@ridingbet (37892)
@jobelbojel the spaghetti serving is getting smaller. maybe i can eat that in 5 tablespoonfuls or 5 fork-rolled in 10 minutes, and i eat slow as well.
That I would try, but only eat fresh fish as a rule. I crave popcorn when I read.
@ridingbet (37892)
oh, popcorn when watching movies.
@ridingbet That, too!!!
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
And you asked for extra rice? lol
@ridingbet (37892)
no, i can just scoop rice from the rice bowl, and i literally 'had my hands full'.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I do, and then I usually make it for lunch or dinner, I really like fish and chips and had that for dinner last night. I hope you enjoyed your dinner! :)
@ridingbet (37892)
yes i did enjoyed. i had to soak the cooked dried fish in a saucer of vinegar, and drank 2 glasses of water to 'flush out' the salt
I don't eat dried fish, even before I discovered my uric acid problem.
@ridingbet (37892)
really? even the boneless milkfish, or the dried squid, you don't eat?
@HazySue (16978)
Every now and then I do. Sometimes it is pizza so I make me a flat bread pizza. Sometimes it is something sweet so I eat fruit.
@ridingbet (37892)
i guess even those who are infanticipating have their cravings. when i think of a food and i start to salivate, i crave for this food. like last night.