Sending Out Christmas Cards

We still send out Christmas cards. I just think it’s more personal than sending online ones which we do for other occasions sometimes. I still like to send out some to friends and former co-workers. It’s not a lot. But it’s my way of saying Merry Christmas even though we might not keep in touch all that much during the year. I just enjoy sending them out. We will probably send out between 5-10 of them total. My husband bought two boxes of cards a week or so ago. I’ll probably send them out in a few days.
That is nice. Just curious how much does a stamp cost there to mail a card? We pay $1 a stamp here.
@happy2BeMe I get the forever stamps. Think they are 46 cents or so. It's not quite nine dollars for 20 stamps.
@Susan2015 Oh wow that is good then. Our postage here is just ridiculous and half the time people don't even get it when you do send it.
@Asylum (47257)
• Manchester, England
I usually send about 8 or 9 Christmas cards each year. This seems to be a dying tradition these days.
@alberello75 (13525)
• Genova, Italy
Christmas wishes, I just make them via telematic (Facebook or email). But I remember pleasantly, when in the past, I wrote to the relatives the Christmas cards
@rina110383 (23070)
So thoughtful of you and your husband to send some to friends and former colleagues.
You are right. Email/online is killing the personal touch.
I only sent Christmas cards to my family and a few friends. I hate writing them.
I actually stopped sending Christmas cards out 2 years ago. I sent quite a few out, usually about 15 or so. Working full time I don't have the spare time to sit down and do up a bunch of cards, as it takes a while to do up that many. And it seems like we get less and less of them every year.
I buy cards and cut off the backs. I write my greeting and tape them to my gifts. I like that.
@LoriAMoore (9987)
I mailed out a dozen last week.
Receiving christmas cards are the sweetest gift you can ever received on a christmas season. The person who gave it puts so much effort in thinking what to write just to convey what he/she wants to tell to the receiver. I would appreciate it a lot if I ever received a christmas card most especially from someone close to my heart.