And I thought the day BEFORE Thanksgiving was bad...

Thanksgiving night I started with severe side and back pains, vomiting every hour, and terrible chills. Like a fool, I waited to go to the ER until about 7 am. We went to a closer hospital because the largest one always had a long wait time in the ER. Thank God we did. I was in horrible pain from a large kidney stone. But the worst part was that the stone blocking the urine flow had caused a massive infection. They of course did xrays and a CT scan and got me started on strong antibiotics and IV fluids. My body had gone into sepsis. For some reason the lab techs had a really hard time drawing blood which was very painful. I gained 15 pounds from all the fluids being pumped in! The doctors told us that if I had been any later getting treatment, I probably wouldn't have survived it. I'm home, but very weak. It's like the worst case of flu you can imagine. God has certainly been so merciful. I'm really not ready to leave my husband and kids. I appreciate your prayers.
Oh, you really had a close call. So glad you did get treatment, just in time. I am so sorry that you suffered so much from this medical emergency.
Thanks, Deborah. My BP dropped extremely low and trying to get blood draws was a nightmare.
@1creekgirl I hope you get to feeling better soon. That incident really was a scary one, for sure.
That sounds really painful. I'm glad you didn't put off going to the ER any longer. Sending positive vibes and prayers.
Thank you so much, Judy. God is healing me.
Oh I'm so sorry to hear of this. I had a relative who suffered from a stone like that and she was awfully sick. I'll keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery.
I appteciate your prayers, Julia.
@xFiacre (10508)
@1creekgirl That's really rough - I'm a kidney stone sufferer and there is no pain like it. Glad you got to the hospital in time.
Thanks, that's a club no one wants to belong to. Have you had problems in a while?
@xFiacre (10508)
@1creekgirl very infrequently fortunately, but I'm still traumatised after the big kidney stone incident of July 29 2006!!
@xFiacre They tend to make a major, lasting impression, don't they?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That sounds like when I went in and found out I had meningitis. I hope you feel better soon.
Thanks. Did you recover from the meningitis ok?
@thislittlepennyearns Oh, good that you take it seriously.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Prayers of course Vicki..so sorry to read this, but God is good and you caught this in time
Yes, I'm so thankful I'm one of the small percent of people who survive septic shock, especially at my age. God truly is good. Thanks for your prayers, Tiara.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@1creekgirl Yes septic is deadly for sure..God be with you Vicki xo
@Srbageldog (5684)
I am so glad you got help in time and that you are still here with us! You are in my thoughts.
Thanks, Stacy. How are you feeling? You've sure been through a lot.
@1creekgirl I'm okay. Still waiting on word regarding my surgery. The specialist's receptionists never return my calls. Whenever I call to inquire about what's going on, I just get their voicemail. It would be nice to know when to expect to have it. Or if my insurance is holding it up, that would be nice to know too, so I can call them and try to get them to authorize it faster.
Thank goodness you went to the hospital when you did. I hope you recover completely soon.
I appreciate the kind wishes.
@LoriAMoore (10170)
Oh goodness, you've been through the wringer lately, haven't you? Hang in there, take care, God is good. Hugs!
Appreciate the prayers and hugs.
@UncleJoe (8634)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
You certainly have been tested this year but your Faith has shone strongly every time. I am proud to call you my Sister.
That was so sweet, Joe. It really has been a tough year, but God is always faithful, even if I'm not always. I knew you would understand.
@CinnamonGrl (5805)
• Paradise, California
I'm so sorry you had to experience that . I know what it feels like, I was in sepsis once from a kidney infection, years ago. I was able to keep oral antibiotics down, so the doctor didn't put me in the hospital. You are right, it feels like the world's worst flu. I had no stones, though, I can only imagine the pain from that. I hope you feel well soon.
Thank you so much, Sue. I forgot to write that the surgeon inserted a stent to alow the backed up infection and urine to drain. I have to have the stone removed in two weeks.
@josie_ (5198)
I wish you a speedy recovery in time to enjoy the Christmas season with your family.
Thanks, josefina.
Oh you are blessed and we are not ready to lose you. I am so hoping you will be ok. The holiday season is here please get better for you won't want anything t spoil it for your dear loved ones. good day.
Thank you, Sharon. After the shoulder surgery, I was hoping to be able to have a limited Christmas. Now I don't know. But my husband's a sweetheart and the kids will help.
@Dena91 (3713)
Thankful you got to the hospital when you did. Prayers for a good recovery.
I really appreciate your prayers.