The Day Ahead

Well I have been to my Psychiatrist and Family Dr. already this month so it seems fitting that I will be seeing my Pulmonary Dr. today. I have to see him regularly to keep me getting medications. Oddly I have considered looking for one closer to home but am hesitant because both of the Dr.s I go out of town for are ones I've been going to for years. Here is my question to you. How far is too far to go for a Dr.? I'll see you when I return from the Dr. and see what people think.
@UncleJoe (8641)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
That would depend on whether it was snowing or not. LOL I too am now in the group where I have to see a variety of doctors. Everything from Pain Management to Cardiology. I don't see my shrink anymore because he demanded that I pay my bill in full. He must think I'm crazy!
@FourWalls (10114)
I think it depends on what's wrong. If "the nation's best (whatever)" is 100-200 miles away I'll go (provided the insurance will cover it ) if it's necessary. Otherwise, across town is far enough for me.
@FourWalls In that case I guess I better stay with these guys!
@LoriAMoore (10213)
Well, I stick with the ones within about 5 miles of my house in the suburbs. I won't go downtown to see a doctor with parking garages, street parking, etc.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
We usually choose Dr. near our place in order to go there comfortably and on time
Most doctors here are very close by in our suburb or in neighboring suburbs so we do not need to go far. I do like one doctor whose office is in Oak Park, IL, and it takes 34 minutes to get to his office, but I only see him twice a year. Around here, 34 minutes is a long drive to a doctor.
@sjvg1976 (14716)
I don't prefer a doctor far away from my place as it's a risk if I have some severe health issues.