I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas

https://pixabay.com/en/christmas-christmas-tree-2977561/
@HazySue (22594)
As a person who was born and raised in Florida, I am still amazed at how much I long for a white Christmas. Every year I think about that beautiful powdery snow drifting down from the sky covering everything is sight with a pure glittering blanket of snow. I spent the first 16 years of my life in Florida and had never seen snow until we moved up to New Jersey. The first time I saw snow it was magical. I have loved it ever since. Now years later I feel that Christmas just doesn't feel like Christmas without it. I am hoping that someday we will be able to move back up north somewhere that has a white Christmas. Do you feel Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas without the snow?
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
I have lived in the Chicago area my whole life so I really don't mind a green Christmas now and then.
@HazySue (22594)
I guess not. After spending years with a white Christmas or cold one anyway I find I miss it.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
@HazySue I also won't ever move away to a place that doesn't have all four seasons, I love them all.
@HazySue (22594)
@fishtiger58 So do I. I am looking forward to moving up towards Virginia.
Well I was born in a country where it's summer all year long. I've heard the song I'm dreaming of a white Christmas and I saw snow only on tv. So I never longed for snow but I do wish to see it someday.
@HazySue (22594)
I didn't realized how beautiful it is until I saw it in person.
@HazySue I think I will get the same feeling when I experience that in person too.
I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada, and we rarely are able to enjoy a white Christmas. And its is okay with me, its easier for driving when its dry. The prettiest was in the late 1990's. We had just moved to the tiny little village that we lived in for 20 years, and our son was around 7 years old. We went to midnight mass and the snow was gently falling as we walked thru the dark parking lot to the front door to the church all the while the church bells were ringing-it was like a dream. I remember our son fell asleep on my lap during mass and the couple behind us thought that was so cute.
@HazySue (22594)
What a sweet memory. I can remember the first time I saw snow and was delighted that I was able to have my first white Christmas that same year.
@HazySue I think that we were almost the last ones out of the church that night. My husband got out early to warm up the car and then I had to wait until the crowds dispersed so that I could safely carry our still sleeping son out and down the stairs. Memories....
@HazySue (22594)
@Juliaacv I love Midnight Mass. It has always been a favorite of mine.
Absolutely! I missed it when I first left home. It had the audacity to rain on Christmas. So sad. I was in California at the time.
@HazySue (22594)
That would be a downer. I don't like the fact that many times it is warm enough to wear shorts on Christmas day.
@HazySue It's rare it's that warm here, though it has happened. Not this year though. I don't see that happening, even if it was in the 50's here a couple days ago. We're in the colder temps now, so we'll have a cold Christmas, and I hope a white one as well.
@HazySue (22594)
@just4him I do hope you get to enjoy a white Christmas, they are so magical.
I grew up with snow, and I would be pleased to never see it again. I have had my fill. A snow-less Christmas is a delight for me.
@HazySue (22594)
I think it is that way for many who grew up with snow.
@HazySue Snow is very dangerous when it comes down quickly and piles up. Driving is hazardous too, and it requires so much work to remove it.
@HazySue (22594)
@Corbin5 I know it does. To tell the truth, I hate driving in the snow. If I could just look at it and enjoy it from the inside I would be a happy person.
Yes, I feel the same way. And I live here in New England. Lol. Cause we hardly get whire Christmases though you'd think we did
@HazySue (22594)
I understand that years ago there were more white Christmases. Now it seems that the snow has left us high and dry.
@HazySue yup, been few years we dont even get much snow til end of January
@HazySue (22594)
@Courtlynn In a way it is kind of a shame. But in a way it might be a good thing.
I've never seen a white Christmas either and never had much to do with snow although I've seen it once.
@HazySue (22594)
I like the way it makes everything look so fresh and clean.
@HazySue I can understand that.
Even if it does not snow, I only like to spend Christmas in a cold country. I never liked Christmas in Monte-Carlo, warm and sunny and with the sea.
@HazySue (22594)
It just doesn't seem like Christmas when you are wearing shorts.
@HazySue Well, we did not wear shorts in Monte-Carlo, it was not very hot, but usually sunny and warm.
@lady1993 (19748)
I have never experienced a white Christmas... it seems like a far off dream for us who live in tropical countries.. but i hope to see if it is as nice as the movies someday
@HazySue (22594)
It is so beautiful to see the snow covering everything making it look clean and sparkling.
@lady1993 (19748)
@HazySue i can just imagine
@JustBhem (41653)
• Davao, Philippines
Well, I get used to it already because we don't have snow here where I am.
@HazySue (22594)
It is hard to miss what you have not experienced.
@JustBhem (41653)
• Davao, Philippines
@HazySue Yes, like I want to experience it too.
Though I live in England, we don't often get a white Christmas. Snow is lovely to look at, not so lovely to get about in.
@HazySue (22594)
I love to look at it being in it getting around, not so much.
Since I live in Pennsylvania we get more than our share of snow and I'm happy if we don't have snow for Christmas so my family can travel without any problems. But I have to agree that a white Christmas is pretty
@HazySue (22594)
I hadn't thought about those who travel during the season.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
As long as the snow is on Christmas day only; I do not mind seeing it on Christmas.
@HazySue (22594)
All I want it for is just one day.
Even here in Connecticut we mostly don't have white Christmases but I agree it is magical.
@HazySue (22594)
Magical and beautiful.
I'll take Florida over snow any time of year.
@HazySue (22594)
I love looking at the snow, being in it, not so much.
I am born, raised and lived all my life in LA so snow is something you visit. Who wants the mess of snow? Shoveling it?
@HazySue (22594)
My husband had a snowblower and I didn't have to shovel the snow. It is so pretty, as long as you don't have to be out in it.
@ridingbet (57900)
no white Christmas for us here, that is why i prefer the green leaves of a Christmas tree, actually.
@HazySue (22594)
It seems there are a lot of people that feel the same.
@ridingbet (57900)
@HazySue indeed, because we live near the equator, and our country is tropical.
I had snow most of my childhood. I miss it a lot now! I'm grateful though that I grew up with having snow. My older kids love the snow and had it for a few years when we lived in NC. They miss it as well.
@HazySue (22594)
My girls have had snow all of their lives. They love it. I am so glad they have been able to experience a white Christmas.
@rina110383 (24070)
Haven't experienced a white Christmas but I'd love to have it one day.
@HazySue (22594)
It is beautiful when it is snowing.
I lived where there was snow most of my life and had to drive through the snow which is dangerous. So I am now happy to live where there is no snow.
@HazySue (22594)
I like to loo at it but don't like driving through it. If I could stay inside and not have to go anywhere I would love it all the time.