Work away from home

Pretoria, South Africa
So I'm a caregiver/home nurse and I work days on end away from home. I have a daughter that's 6yrs old and a fiancé that takes great care of her in that time. I love what I do but I hate being away from them so long. This career path is my passion but will give it up in a heartbeat for my families happiness. So at present time I'm looking for other work and have come to realise that its not as easy as a few years back and interview are even more nerve wracking.
Family is the most important thing in most people's lives, but you have to earn a living too. Is there no system run by your local government that provides carers locally? I have a friend who is one of the carers in my town, and at least she gets home every night.
• Denmark
I've wanted to ask the same. I've always thought carers are needed and looked for.
• Pretoria, South Africa
Its difficult here in Pretoria South Africa the usually need someone to stay in and be there 24hrs on duty and you usually 7 on and 7off. Im missing my second christmas with my daughter thia year
@nicole1987 What a shame that you can't spend Christmas with your family.
@Paige32 (1674)
It's hard being a parent sometimes as you have to earn money, but it's also nice you are looking into career alternatives and I hope you find one.
@wongchoiyee (6586)
I hope you will find a job soon.
• Pretoria, South Africa
Thanx I hope so too
I hear hard stories of interviews and I would not hold up well to one.