Double Notifications Stink

@poehere (17676)
French Polynesia
Frustration sets in each time I need to answer notifications. I know they always give two at a time and one is easy to delete. But what I don’t like is the fact that they will repeat them again down the page. Therefore, you have today’s, yesterdays, and others you haven’t had time to answer, but then they repeat this series a second time. I normally strt at the bottom and work up so I can answer older notifications first. But after answer oe or two and you go back there is a lot more again. This is a system malfunction in my books. I don’t see a need to add the same notifications again at the bottom of your notifications. Know what I means? Today ----- XYZ replied ABC quoted GHI replied WAB mentioned your name Yesterday ---- How ever many you didn’t answer. Now here we go again --- Today ------ XYZ replied ABC quoted GHI replied WAB mentioned your name Yesterday ---- How ever many you didn’t answer. I could really do without the second set popping up all the time. It is annoying and it just reminds me that I am behind and makes you think you are further behind than you really all. Do you ever notice this???
To make things easier, you can eliminate being notified of replies, quoted, mentioned your name etc.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
I have but this isn't what I'm talking about. When you have a ilst at first it is just one. Show them all, but then you start answering them and for some reason they are repeated at the end of the first listing. The second listing is the same as the first. It is doubled up.
@poehere I suppose I have not had that many to have noticed this. I do get rid of notifications rather quickly since they make me nervous and I want them gone.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
@Corbin5 It is annoying when answer and all of a sudden you have a duplicate or mirror image of them at the end of the first ones.
@josie_ (8012)
I've never experience this redundancy. Maybe it's because I delete all notification I have responded to right away.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
I do too. But it seems when answering and deleting everyone works from the top. I like to work from the bottom. If you worked from the bottom up you'd see this.
@josie_ (8012)
@poehere _If that is the case, shouldn't it be more logical to work from the top to bottom? Although I sometimes skip some notifications and respond to those who regularly follow my discussions first.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
@josie_ I don't come on daily and at times I miss a lot. I like answering older ones first.
You know that you can modify your settings not to have some notifications? I removed some options.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
I basically only get ones for the responses to my posts or comments. This is actually a mirror copy of the notifications I have at the top of the page.
@poehere So this is a glitch, it happens to me time by time, but not often.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
@LadyDuck \\\Seems like this happens to me and it is way too often.
Never does it to me, but I do mine top to bottom and don't let them build past 20
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Love the Grinch is back and I'm following him this year for the holidays. Christmas is cancelled. I get behind because I don't have a lot of time. That is why I see this all the time on my notifications.
Humm, I do not know I have 1,000 and I cannot get to all of them daily so I do what I can, and they always pile up.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
If you went to the bottom of them and looked you'd also have a mirror copy of the same notifications at the end of 1000 I see this come and go when answering notifications. You will always have a mirror copy of the notifications in the box.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
Change your notification settings.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
It isn't the problem - How to explain t his so you can understand OK list of notifications says new - today - sent yesterday All your notifications are there Now go to the bottom of sent yesterday and you'll see again new - sent today - sent yesterday At the end of the list it will repeat the list all over again so you have a mirror image of the notifications
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@poehere that's a glotch then
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
@thislittlepennyearns Yap annoying and makes it hard to keep on track.
@dpk262006 (56599)
Yes, I also fail to understand that why do we receive double notification for a comment/response.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Annoying and then on top of it we also have the notification repeat or mirror the image after the first one.
@dpk262006 (56599)
@poehere Yes, you are right.
Yes, I have noticed this. It didn't happen in the past. Just recently.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
It is getting worse and it makes me crazy. At times I just feel like deleting them all and forgetting about them. I don't do that because I like answering people.
@poehere ......I just do the 'like' thing on some for that reason and others.
each one I answer gets deleted so IL do not notice dpocatesstdo g et doe and move on
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
I also delete mine after answering, but it is the mirror copy of them that is annoying.
That needs to be fixed in notifications. I had that but I think it's to the top of the list. one of them you need to remove.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Thanks but not the issue Notications say new - today - sent yesterday Scroll down to bottom of snet yesterday and they repeat again new - sent today - sent yesterday It is a mirror image of the notifications at the bottom of your list.
Yes, I do notice that they repeat them down the page and I try to delete them and have trouble doing it.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Yap they stink, but now I don\'t have issues now because I'm not here so much.
@poehere I miss you not being here. How are things going Ann?
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
@Hannihar Busy. The wesite4 is taking off and we still have a lot of work to do. So far we have written over 225 reviews and have a lot more to go.
I have noticed, but I wondered if anyone else felt the same - I just never brought it up . It's double the overwhelmingness sometimes, right?
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
You are so right on that one. People just say change notifications. This isn't the problem. The list is mirrored at the bottom that is the problem.
@poehere All we need is one set of notifications - no repeats for any reason.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
@much2say So right on that one.
@shubhu3 (23758)
• New Delhi, India
This happens. Sometimes piles of them are there.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
It drives me crazy and I get tired of seeing this for sure.
@shubhu3 (23758)
• New Delhi, India
@poehere It happens with.
@YrNemo (14736)
I noticed this since the time I joined Mylot, and thought everyone here must have suffered the same. Sometimes a whole block of notifications was repeated, and that was how I found out.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
I have always seen this, but now it is making me crazy. It is so annoying and you can't delete the mirror image of them at all. I don't see a need for this.
@YrNemo (14736)
@poehere I just skip them.
I hear you and yes they repeat it so many times.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Totally annoying and I don't think we need the mirror copy of the notifications.
@poehere your right.We do not
@kobesbuddy (59317)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, I encounter this every day, it's definitely a pain in the neck!:(
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
You are so right totally annoying.
@kobesbuddy (59317)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@poehere Today, I didn't have any, so maybe that has been fixed:)
@cahaya1983 (10036)
I think it happened to me once when I was using mobile. I just refreshed the page and the other "copies" of those notifications disappeared.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
I always get this on my side, especially when I have a lot of notifications. I end up with them because I don't come on all the time to check on the site.
@pgntwo (22752)
• Alanya, Turkey
An annoying feature on the mobile view of myLot... You get used to it, and trim the settings for notifications accordingly...
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Drives me crazy to see the same notifications repeated at the bottom again. This happenes after you've answered a few notifications then it show us.
@dodoazo (22047)
I have also observed this. I have replied all my notifications. But when I check notifications, they're still there. So what I did is to refresh the page and they are gone.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
Yes I do this, but annoying the same.
@nela13 (10001)
• Portugal
I am not very active lately and usually I Can clear all my notifications.
@poehere (17676)
• French Polynesia
You'er very lucky. I always have a mirror copy of mine and it is annoying.