Black Friday/Cyber Monday

@moffittjc (35662)
Gainesville, Florida
Did any of you brave the crowds on Black Friday, or take advantage of online savings on Cyber Monday? I'd love to hear if any of you scored some amazing deals! My big purchases were a complete set of new Dewalt cordless tools for half price; a variety of camping/backpacking equipment and supplies for my son; hiking shoes and boots for my son and I; and of course clothes for everyone in the family! I was very impressed with the deals I found this year!
I got some great deals on clothes for my grandchildren. One store was 75% off childrens clothes. I also got them some toys for 50% off.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
For me, I won't waste my time or consider purchasing anything less than 50% off on Black Friday. If I'm going to risk my life in the stampede of crazy people searching for deals, then it had better be worth it! lol
@moffittjc lol I agree.
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
@moffittjc i just shopped online as usual
Nah, I'm waiting for the real deals in January .... of course I'll probably get side tracked by the new stuff coming out when they mark down the old.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'll keep my eyes open in January to see if I can score some more great deals!
I'd be curious to know what the difference in prices turn out to be @moffittjc Generally I stick with the cheap stuff at Walmart so for me it's payin $5 in January for whatever old stuff they're trying to move to make room for the new, right now I'd be payin about $8 to $10 for some of the items I hope to get. Ok ok, so I'm a cheapskate
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@rebelann There's nothing wrong with being a cheapskate! Some of the richest people in the world are cheapskates! lol
• Eugene, Oregon
We did no shopping either day, except that Anne did find a good pair of shoes. They were not on sale though. It sounds like you found a lot of what you needed.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I've got pretty much all of my shopping done already. So from here on out I can just focus on picking up small items or complimentary items to the main gifts I have purchased.
• Eugene, Oregon
@moffittjc That is great. We need to do little shopping. I will work at a book store for a few weeks with discounts available.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JamesHxstatic I love books, and so do my kids, so maybe I need to pay a visit to the bookstore and pick up some stocking stuffers!
@kobesbuddy (19515)
• East Tawas, Michigan
No, we didn't weather the shopping crowds, on Black Friday. But, Monday we did go down to the city and got a dishwasher, at a discount price. We're remodeling our older home, this year. The project at this present time, is the kitchen.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I noticed that the two major home improvement stores have been running some great specials on kitchen appliances and cabinets.
@kobesbuddy (19515)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@moffittjc Yup, your right about this! Home Depot, Lowe's, and Menards have really been good to us!:)
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@kobesbuddy We don't have Menards here in Florida, but I have heard of them!
We talked about buying something yesterday...and air fryer..but on Thanksgiving, I bought some clothing items at JC Penney..that was about it. It sounds like you got some great purchases.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Home Depot had a great deal on an air fryer. I was actually checking out the deal, because I was curious how it could "fry" food with just air!
Nope, I do not get paid till Friday
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Well then, you can have your very own special Black Friday this coming Friday when you get paid! And the nice thing is, you won't have to battle the crazy crowds! lol
Nope not my days to shop. Lol
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Normally, I'd be right there with you, doing everything I could to avoid shopping on those days. But for some reason this year's deals really seemed to appeal to me. I don't know, maybe I was running a fever or something! haha
@moffittjc lol maybe. Or just bored
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn As crazy as my life is, I don't ever seem to find myself bored. Too much happening for boredom to set in.
I do not go out shopping and I did not shop online for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I think that my husband had some great deal, but for professional stuff.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Usually women drag their husbands out to the stores on Black Friday, but it looks like you stayed home and let your husband battle those crowds! haha
@moffittjc My husband only shopped online, he does not like to go out shopping and I am not a fan of shopping.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@LadyDuck I am usually not a fan of shopping either, but I found too many deals this year that I could not pass up.
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
Nope there is nothing I want bad enough to go out on Black Friday. I didn't get a darn thing on Cyber Monday either lol.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I went overboard buying cordless tools. I now have enough tools to equip a small construction company! lol
@fishtiger58 (30689)
• Momence, Illinois
@moffittjc Cos that's what guys do. Can't be one universal tool, fix a car you need 120 tools lol.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@fishtiger58 That's right! We have a specialized took for every possible scenario. One hammer isn't good enough; we need 7 different hammers, each with a special function! haha
On Black Friday, we hit up the Apple Store (no sales! Not so Michelle right? But my fiancé wanted an upgrade so he bought himself the new new phone! I am not impressed with the camera what so ever or the phone in general so I won't be upgrading). Afterwards, we went to Sears to pick up some online orders which essentially were like free/or cheap from rewards. For Cyber Monday, Macy's had a deal where if you spend $25+ you get $10 Macy's cash to spend later (next month I think it starts), so I bought a Calvin Klein Jacket for my nephew and a Tommy Hilfiger Coat Jacket for my niece. Hmmmmm, I bought some tank tops for myself at Express. And a bunch of personalized gifts on Shutterfly for a real good deal. I bought some wood decor on clearance at Walmart for the living room.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Look at you go girl! I knew I could count on you to find some deals!
@moffittjc Of course! I love finding deals You did great on your deals too.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@infatuatedbby You would have been so proud of my uncanny ability to sniff out good deals on Black Friday!
Oh, Jeff. You will be spending a lot on me when we shop on Worth Avenue. Glad you saved so much on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. You will need every penny saved for Palm Beach.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I don't make enough money to shop on Worth Avenue. I don't even think they'll let me cross the bridge into Palm Beach without doing a complete financial analysis on me! haha
@moffittjc You'll be with me. Not to worry! lol
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DianneN Well that's very comforting to know!
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
by the time we got done grocery shopping here, i could not find anything in my price range for Christmas except a throw for a grand kid of mine. just hoping to buy a bit more when i get paid.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
If you are near a Home Depot, they have a great price on a very soft throw blanket. They also have a lot of other nice Christmas gifts at incredibly low prices. You should check them out if you can. They still have a lot of Black Friday stuff left for sale, and it's not just home improvement stuff. They have toys, kitchen gadgets, knick-knacks, outdoor gear, etc. And since it's not a place that people normally think of for Black Friday deals, you can shop there and not fight huge crowds!
@bunnybon7 (33048)
• Holiday, Florida
@moffittjc of course a man would know all that. that is where my late hubby loved to shop. we would go to Kohls for me then he would say, lets go look around home depot. he could spend all day there. thanks
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bunnybon7 Haha, yeah, us men know all that stuff. Home Depot is our toy store! lol
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I didn’t do any shopping on those days. I wasn’t about to go into the busy stores on Friday, and I didn’t get much of a chance to do much online shopping on Monday.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
They say there were record sales on Black Friday, but honestly I didn't have to fight bad crowds at all. I think most people are starting to do all their shopping online these days. I truly can see why big box stores are in trouble in the future, as people shun fighting the crowds for online shopping in the comfort of their own home.
@dodo19 (28082)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@moffittjc Its definitely a lot easier to just do your shopping online. You don't have to go anywhere. It's very convenient. So, yeah, some stores might be in trouble. But in some ways, having stores can be useful to have to. There are benefits to having both.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@dodo19 No matter how easy and convenient online shopping becomes, we're still going to need big-box stores. People still like to touch, try on, and get a feel for some products before they buy them.
It sounds like you've done really well. Congratulations.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Judy. I hate shopping, so it was unusual for me to even venture out on Black Friday. But I found some really good deals that I just couldn't pass up! It's probably been at least five years since I last shopped on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I usually do everything I can to avoid shopping on those days.
@moffittjc You'll be converted now.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JudyEv I know, that's what I'm afraid of!
@nanette64 (13692)
• Fairfield, Texas
I don't even leave the house on those 2 days @moffittjc . Too many nuts running loose.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm with you on that! It's been 5 years since I last ventured out on Black Friday. But there were some great deals I wanted to score on this year, so I braved the crowds. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Most people were very relaxed, friendly and outgoing. But then again, I didn't go to Walmart at all...I'm sure that's where all the nuts were!
@nanette64 (13692)
• Fairfield, Texas
@moffittjc More than likely.
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I got some wonderful deals on Black Friday on cosmetics and other beauty products and on essentials @moffittjc. Good you got some great deals.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
I thought we already established that you don't need makeup because you are already beautiful enough without it! But kudos to you for finding good deals!
@bluesa (12710)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc aw, thank you, and some are for gifts and not for me . So thanks, I was happy I got some great deals
@UncleJoe (8531)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I stopped at the mall but not to shop. I just wanted to watch the fights.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Did you wager any money on the underdog? Or did you side with the favorite? Nothing beats a great mall fight!
@Platespinner (18484)
I hit the fabric store at 7 AM on Wednesday to catch the pre-Black Friday sale (I wish they were open that early every day, it would make my life much simpler), and I purchased a couple of Craftsy classes over the weekend ($60+ classes for $17.87), but other than that no weekend shopping for me. You couldn't pay me to fight the Black Friday crowds.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
The crowds didn't seem that bad this year. I think with each passing year online shopping gets more and more people out of the stores. I have a feeling that eventually Black Friday won't be as big of a deal as it is now...everybody will be buying things online so that they don't have to fight the crowds at the big box stores.
Wow! Congratulations on scoring a great deal. I never went shopping during those days. I just didn't find anything interesting or anything that I have a need of.
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Usually, I am like you, and don't shop on those days because there is either nothing I like, or nothing I need. But for some reason, this was a year in which special prices were being offered on a lot of things I either wanted or needed. Shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday is not something I normally do every year.
I got a new electric toothbrush from Amazon. But then, nobody ever pays full price for an electric toothbrush! Although we have imported Black Friday, most people really want you to take it back and never pester us with it again. :)
@moffittjc (35662)
• Gainesville, Florida
Trust me, most of us here in the US don't want Black Friday either, and wish we could give it to someone else. I blame the Canadians for it! haha