‘She’s Out of Mind and I Felt Bad for Her’

I was so busy mylotting and been interrupted by an unexpected call. The caller is the sister-in-law of my batch mate in college. We can call my batch mate “Marimar.” She is the prettiest young lady way back then. To cut the story short, she was a victim of losing her insanity during our clinical internship program. We, the batch mates don’t know what had happened to her. The main purpose of her sister-in-law is to know the cause of her psychological condition. I wanted to help but I don't have any ideas about it. The best thing I could offer is to visit and spend an ample time to talk with her. It was a difficult situation and she never enjoyed her life to live normal. What will you do in this kind of situation? Image Credit: pixabay.com
Run! stay away you don`t need crazy in your life.
That's what I am quite scared of.
@shubhu3 (13561)
• New Delhi, India
I would support her as much as I can.
I had also asked her mobile number and planning to keep in touch with her. As long as that it will not trigger her.
@shubhu3 (13561)
• New Delhi, India
@Shavkat That's good.
How sad, I suppose you just need to be there for you (but like @LadyDuck says, keep your distance!)
It is really an uncomfortable feeling to know that she didn't recover from her previous state. I also like the advice of @LadyDuck and it is better to be on a safe side.
I would give her and her family some support if possible, whether that be visits, or prayers. You don't have to get really involved, just show you care.
I do agree with you. I should not be closely involved. I do think that she has a close-knit family to support her all throughout.
@JustBhem (22505)
• Davao, Philippines
That must be very hard for them. Well, for me all I can give is my support and have time to talk to her.
I think she really needs a support system. I must admit that she was being isolated during our college days. It could be one factor.
@JustBhem (22505)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat It could be, like maybe she feels alone.
@JustBhem I was also suspecting that it runs in their family. Loss of insanity can be inherited.
@ridingbet (37918)
wasn't she brought to the psychiatric department of your hospital for consultation? is she that intelligent to the point of losing her mind? if i were you, i could give the lady some pieces of advice but not get near your classmate. maybe she is quiet, but we learned about the term "lucid intervals", so i hope you keep your distance from her.
I think she is undergoing psychiatric treatment for so many years now. That's also my concern. What if I talk to her, it might trigger something. She might be agitated and hurt me.
@ridingbet (37918)
@Shavkat if that is so, then maybe she is psychotic? or dyssocial type of personality aberration?
@ridingbet The last time I saw her when we are reviewing for our board exam. She really had changed in her behavior. There are so many stories circulating in our school and thinking that she was being cast by a black magic. She had her internship in Isabela that time and after which, she returned with losing her insanity.
@Ithink (6793)
How horrible, wonder what happened to cause this. If I was close to her I would visit and be as supportive as was comfortable for me.
It was really a sad fate of her. She never even enjoyed having the fun of her life.
@Ithink (6793)
@Shavkat It would be sad and always makes me wonder what happens to cause this.
@Ithink I also felt bad for her. I also think that her parents are so worried.
Give some support if you like, but try to keep distance, crazy people make you crazy, believe me.
I also asked about her behavior. I don't know what might trigger if she sees me.
@Shavkat You know, there is always a potential risk with people with a mental disease. Keep the distance for your safety.
@LadyDuck I do get your point, my friend. I had an incident encountered with her a few years back. She suddenly freaked out and walked out from the seminar. I had seen the sudden shift in her demeanor that time.
@ilocosboy (33257)
I think is the person who specialize in that situation should they bring her, I mean the psychiatrist
She did have continuous medication with her psychiatric doctor. I am not sure what really happened to her in Isabela City. It made her snap without the concrete cause.
@ilocosboy (33257)
Hmm, if you believe of elemental, that might be the cause of her situation.
@ilocosboy That's what I am thinking. I think it is possible.
@averygirl72 (14064)
She is the prettiest and she had insanity? Is there something tragic that happened to her life. She needs a psychiatrist
She is under psychiatric treatment for so many years now. I am not sure what really happened to her.
@Shiva49 (9660)
Try to get her expert help and that is all we can do. Also give her some comforting words that no one is spared of reverses in life so that she gets back to normal life - siva
I heard that she is under treatment with her psychotic disorder. At this point, the family was trying to build her support system.
@tzwrites (3814)
That's a tough situation. Hopefully she will get diagnosed.
I think she was being diagnosed. But I am not sure what's the definite diagnosis.
• Riga, Latvia
I think it is best to let her work out her own issues with her doctors and not interfere because whatever you say can affect her further.
That's also one of my concerns. I just promised to visit and see what's going on to her life. I hope she can regain her sense of awareness in the real world.
@miketagz (1329)
Same as my auntie, she went to abroad for applying job, unfortunately after she went back home she suffering because of psychological condition. I can't blame her but im hoping that she is doing fine now and hopefully his sons and daughters support her same as her brothers and sisters.
It was really frustrating at some point. I am sure the family wanted to do everything for their loved ones.
I think what you are doing is good. Go visit when you can and spend time with her.
I am planning but with hesitant.
@Shavkat Shavkat, I understand how you are hesitant. I had a friend that was in the mental place and when I went to visit her it was very depressing.
@Hannihar I am not that close with her. We were just acquainted at school before. Perhaps she had remembered the good things that we had before.
@kepweng (6384)
your crush? Do you have still have feeling for her??
She's not my crush.lol It is only a friend way back in college.