Too thin

I don't get it why people say to me that I'm too thin and that I have to gain a little weight because it looks good on me. I mean why? I'm comfortable in my own skin. I don't listen to it but it really gets annoying sometime. Do you have the same experience? Have a Great Day ahead of you :)
@Paige32 (1674)
I think what really matters is that you are comfortable the way you are and like yourself that way. But people will always air their opinions. You should pay them no mind when they do.
:)
@hereandthere (24263)
if it doesn't affect your work or studies, if you are not sickly, if you have enough strength and energy, just shrug them off. maybe your metabolism will slow down when you're much older, maybe it won't. until then, just be yourself.
@itsik8 (182)
• Holon, Israel
People will always tell you their opinions. You should do what's good for you.
Oh yes! For most of my life I had been called skinny and too think and whenever people saw me they told me to eat more and gain weight. My height is 5'3" and I used to weigh only 42-45kg. Then when my son was 2 years old, I decided to do everything just to gain weight. I've reached my ideal weight of 55kg and I had been told I was fat but that made me really happy. But the truth was I wasn't really fat at 55kg. They weren't just used to seeing me in that weight. It was the first time I experienced wearing Medium clothes. Now I'm just 51kg and I'm back to small with a waistline of 25inches.
Well I can relate because I took my Body Mass Index once and it says I need to lose weight because I'm over weight for my age range and when I did, they said I don't need to because I don't look over weight instead I need to gain more weight.
@CAngela When I took my body mass index, I was underweight.
@toniganzon BMI or not it still is a struggle to make people see I'm happy the way I am now
@JustBhem (22737)
• Davao, Philippines
Maybe because you need to?
I don't need to, but do I really have to do it?
@JustBhem (22737)
• Davao, Philippines
@CAngela If that makes you look great and more pretty, why not? I am very thin too because I am sick. You don't want people asking you-you are sick, right?
@JustBhem I don't want them to think that, but I don't want to do that just to please people
I think it is better to ignore them. If you think that you are fine.
@lady1993 (15779)
as long as you are not under your bmi level, then you are healthy
@wongchoiyee (6586)
I am called fatty by my mother all the time. She always say she is skinnier than me.
@ARN4567 (120)
You have to gently tell them the truth, so that they too, will know your feelings about their suggestions...and maybe they will cease to tell you things you don't like...If they are your friends they will understand...if not, ignore them and go on with your life there are more better things in life to focus on...
@shubhu3 (13557)
• New Delhi, India
This happens.
Did it happen to you as well?
@shubhu3 (13557)
• New Delhi, India
@CAngela I am a little overweight. So yeah people say lose weight and stuff yet am happy with my weight and figure.
@mohit459 (3019)
• Haldwani, India
Don't mind...them..
You can never be too thin generally speaking. Better than fighting the waistline.
@josie_ (5198)
Unless one suffers from Anorexia, being skinny is preferable to being obese. Health-wise.