Pain, Pain Go Away

https://pixabay.com/en/sad-cry-tear-emotion-mood-face-1533965/
@HazySue (23054)
For over a wee now I have been dealing with a heap of pain. My left eye hurts, my temple, my cheek, my ear, my jaw, they all hurt. I have been told I have tmd, something they used to called tmj. My jaw joint is out of place. They were hoping that steroids would help with the swelling and pain but apparently not for me. It makes it really hard to focus on anything. The good news is, it doesn't hurt all the time, just most of the time. I am still on a soft diet and I carry a heating pad around with me. Hopefully the pain will subside soon and I can get back to my everyday life. I really, really don't want to go to a surgeon but I guess I will if I have to. So, how is life going for everyone out in mylot land?
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
I feel ya; literally @HazySue . My right jaw has been dislocated for years and now with my skull plates diminishing due to osteoporosis, my left one is too. When it really hurts is when I bite down or chew food. The jaw joints snap in and out of place, sending pain all over the place.
@HazySue (23054)
I don't know how you can stand it. It is so painful. Isn't there anything they can do for you?
@nanette64 (17934)
• Fairfield, Texas
@HazySue When I went to the doctor yesterday I brought up about the plates causing more problems and he didn't have a solution except to keep taking my Fosamax, Vitamin D3 and Calcium. This will be 9 months I've been on that and it doesn't seem to be doing any good.
@HazySue (23054)
@nanette64 Have you tried getting another opinion? It is awful to have to go through the pain for this period of time.
That sounds very unusual to have your jaw out of place and I'm sorry it's so painful for you. I hope it gets better without surgery.
@HazySue (23054)
So do I. Actually the bone is starting to deteriorate. I will have to get it replaced eventually they believe.
@HazySue Oh dear, that's not good.
@HazySue (23054)
@jaboUK I can only hope that the deterioration is really slow and the pain is really low.
Sounds terrible. I hope you get some relief from the pain soon.
@HazySue (23054)
I am taking steriods again, hopefully it will help take the edge off.
@HazySue i hope so
@FourWalls (15217)
I'm so sorry. When my jaw hurts if feels as though my entire head is going to explode. Thankfully, that's a rare occurrence and mostly due to sinus infections that radiate into my jaw. But you're right, it's a miserable feeling. I hope you find relief quickly.
@HazySue (23054)
It does sort of feel as though an explosion is imminent. It effects the whole one side of my face and head.
@hereandthere (32767)
i think i have it, too, but on the right. and i notice that stress can trigger it. although i don't have any swelling, when the pain gets distracting i take medicine and sleep it off.
@HazySue (23054)
I wish I could. This is the worst I have had it. Now the bone is deteriorating. I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I hope you don't have it.
@HazySue i think i do. the pain starts on the right jaw joint then spread to my eyebrows and nose bridge, and the back of the ear.
@HazySue (23054)
@hereandthere it is so painful and does sound like the symptoms. Maybe you should see a doctor.
I am so very sorry..I pray for your full healing my friend. Sorry for your suffering..not so great here either ..nevermind
@HazySue (23054)
Thank you. What's the matter? Whatever it is I will pray for you.
@HazySue Thanks..not well at all, need a change.
@HazySue (23054)
@TiarasOceanView I hope you get better.
I hope it goes away soon. It might be the surgeon is the only answer if the jaw is out of joint.
@HazySue (23054)
It's unfortunately not just out of joint it's starting to disintegrate. Thanks Valerie, if they can just g3et it to hurt less I could get through the day.
@HazySue That's not good to have it disintegrate. I hope they are able to help you.
@HazySue (23054)
@just4him so do i.
I'm so sorry you are going through that. Can't imagine being in pain most of the time.
@HazySue (23054)
It's no picnic for sure. Hopefully it will stop soon.
@HazySue I hope that it will too. take care of you.
So sorry. Hope the pain goes away
@HazySue (23054)
Thanks Courtney. I am hoping at least it will start hurting less.
@HazySue me too
I'm sorry for the pain your in. I will be praying for healing for you.
@HazySue (23054)
Thanks Jennifer. I am hoping the steroids will help this time, at least take the edge off of the pain. I surely don't want them giving me a shot of cortisone in my jaw.
@HazySue I hope they will help as well. :)
I hope that your pain goes away soon.
@HazySue (23054)
Thank you, I am hopeful that the edge is going to be taken off the pain.
I am so sorry to hear you are in such pain. I hope you do not have to go to a surgeon, but it seems you must if the pain continues for too long a time.
@HazySue (23054)
If it doesn't stop soon I will have to. I can not open my mouth as mush as I used to, not a good sign.
Keeping my fingers crossed for your pain to go away and that you don't have to go for surgery.
@HazySue (23054)
Thanks Marlina. I will do just about anything to not have to have surgery.
@rina110383 (24070)
Sorry to hear about that. Hope you'll feel better in the next few days.
@HazySue (23054)
I have been dealing with it for just over two weeks. I sure hope it does relent and let me get some rest.
I am very sorry how you are suffering. Is there something that can be done about it?