Aussie visitor and my living room

@CoralLevang (40676)
I just lost a message that I wrote about what's happening with my friend from Australia today. The message was unable to be retrieved when I went back to attach a photo. This is my attempt at rewriting! I'm also sharing photographs as I share my home with what I refer to as "hoarding." Several months ago, I started to share with others what embarrassed me about having too many and not knowing where to put them. I have been so conditioned in my life that I must be perfect. In reality, I did not unpack, because I had moved into this place thinking I was going to die within a few months. Well, that did not happen and I am unpacking. Because of the great number of definitions of certain words, I have decided to show in many of my posts, what my home looks like, and what my clutter and hoarding means to me. In the past few weeks, I've shown glimpses of different rooms. Today, my Aussie friend, Judi, arrives to my area around 5 p.m. and the base pass and ID Office is closed. Because she's a foreign National, she cannot stay in my home until a vetting process is completed. The soonest that will be finished is tomorrow afternoon. It could be as late as Friday. So, I have arranged a hotel at one of the local casinos for two nights. From there we will go out to the coast to meet other friends whom we all met on the internet 20 years ago. I have known them face to face for almost that long. There will be three nights that we will come back to my place before she goes home to Australia. The only thing I have left to do before I pick her up from the shuttle drop off tonight is to scrub my upstairs bathroom, strip my sheets on my bed and change into fresh Linens. Any of the items that were brought up stairs and piled from the downstairs "clutter project" sort will be contained and put into the large storage closet until after she leaves. I am comfortable enough with her understanding that there will be some boxes upstairs and in the garage that she will see. I will resume the Sorting process after her departure. You will not likely see much of me for the next week or so. I hope that you won't forget me when I'm gone! Take care, and be well! Photo is my own of a part of my living room. As you can see, this is what I call "hoarding." There is a lot of accumulation.
Jealous of the bookcases, and is that a gold elephant on the table? Hope you have a great week with your friends
@CoralLevang (40676)
It is a copper-colored elephant Bank, yes
@CoralLevang thought so been seeing them around sears the last few weeks.
@CoralLevang (40676)
@Courtlynn I bought that years ago at a high-end department store. And to think I could have gone to Sears today and bought it for less money.
Hello to Judi! I hope she enjoys her stay with you. I am sure that you will be a delightful hostess and show her around the fun and interesting sights in your area. You enjoy your visit with her as well. Your home looks inviting and relaxing. She will be fine once she gets settled in. Hope the process you speak of goes smoothly. Big hugs to you.
@CoralLevang (40676)
Thank you, EB-S!
@CoralLevang looks quite cozy. How is your visit going?
@CoralLevang (40676)
@ElusiveButterfly we have been on the coast for the last two days. We're spending another night and then we go back to Silverdale tomorrow. These two nights we've spent with another friend of mine Debbie and Danny, we met all on the internet. Debbie is the one that had the major car accident this past summer. It's going okay. Few little things drive me crazy, but I'm sure that the same for her. I'm trying to honor who she is and what she needs to go through. But that's for a phone call.
Since I will miss your posts over the next week I hope you have a great time with your friend. This room doesn't look like a hoarders house at all! I love all the pink! It is a nice tidy room.
@CoralLevang (40676)
Thank you so much for saying that. There's a lot of clutter in this room and this is what I see is too much. And of course, other people have told me I was a hoarder and I guess I've taken on that label. I have a hard time smart and not seeing myself through the critical eyes
@CoralLevang I am very critical of my house as well so I understand. We are our own worst critics.
First, I love that chair. Secondly, someone with authority is way too picky about your guests! That sounds nuts.
@CoralLevang (40676)
I have someone who is a foreign National and that's why they have to vet her on a military base because I live on a nuclear submarine base with nuclear warheads.
@CoralLevang Oh, a military base! I didn't realize that.
you need to go through hoops to have a guest over. Boy, that reminds me of my place.
@CoralLevang (40676)
I live on it nuclear submarine base, so there are a lot of Hoops to go through. Because when we're dealing with foreign Nationals, there is different rules than if you are someone who is a citizen of the US.
@Platespinner (18484)
Enjoy your time with you visitor!
@CoralLevang (40676)
Thank you so much!
• Marion, Kansas
Have a wonderful visit with your friend and others.
@CoralLevang (40676)
Thank you, heather!
You are going to have loads of fun with your friends. Judi is an Aussie with cool accent and all?
@CoralLevang (40676)
Yes, yes, she is 55 and has a cool accent! She works for the Australian defense department.
@responsiveme (14417)
Have a great time out there,Coral I won't forget you ,you are such an interesting person to know ...In fact looking forward to getting to know you better Lovely room out there...Longing to peer into the book shelf closely
I hope that you had a wonderful visit with your friend. your home is lovely Coral
I love those bookcases. I still have books on my floor in the office that don't have a place to go. You look very organized. I hope the vetting gets done quickly so she can stay with you.
@Srbageldog (5419)
I love your bookcases. I have sooo many books and nowhere to store them. My bookcases are small and I've run out of room, so I've been trying to clear out some of the books that I don't read...but of course, I've been buying more books that I will read, which kind of defeats the purpose of trying to unload some! Anyway, I hope you enjoy your visit with your friends.