Ways to Help

I am feeling overwhelmed that I am the only one in the house doing everything. Kids are lazy I have two little ones and just wanted to I can't expect them to do much my nine-year-old help most of the time. But my two step kids are lazy they'd rather be on their phones on YouTube constantly. Their rooms are a pigsty they don't put anything away. Also one of them is 11 years old and for some reason go to the bathroom not in the actual bathroom and sits on everything and makes it smell I am getting frustrated and I don't know what to do
• Derby, England
They sound like they are challenging you big time. Have you discussed it with your partner, their Dad. Rewards for doing jobs helps. So ...no pocket money unless certain things are done and make a list of jobs you and your partner feel they are able to do and BOTH present this to the children. If they throw the " You are not my Mum" at you then agree and say but I am having to do things a Mum does for their children. I wash your clothes, cook meals , clean the house and Mums expect a bit of help from children. You need your partner's support though and he should be there for you as they are his kids.Good luck
Tried
• Derby, England
@BrittneyKaye05 Persevere he MUST support you otherwise go on strike and refuse to do things for them until they cooperate. My stepdaughter refused to cook her partner his evening meal for a whole week when she was annoyed with his lack of support for her in the home! It worked!!
@catsholiday oh he wouldn't flip if I did that
@nomus24g (16482)
the kids will grow up to be self dependent, dont worry :)
Hopefully
@nomus24g (16482)
@ddnj2006 (606)
Maybe time will tell? As you continuously show your love to them, and as it sinks to them and make a great impact in their lives, maybe one day, they will appreciate and perhaps that time, it is now you that are confused what to do because everything was already done. Sometimes loving someone is one-sided, but it will not all go to waste, I think. Just keep on! Until it strikes in their hearts. The long you do this, the greater love they will see in the end. That's what my mom always shows me before when I'm still a brat and hard-headed :-)
Thank u
@itsik8 (182)
• Holon, Israel
You should talk to them and explain them what you feel and together you will try to understand each other. You need to show them they need you as much as you need their help.
Tried it don't work
@moffittjc (35772)
• Gainesville, Florida
Those kids need a little discipline in their lives! haha Take away their phones and they'll quickly fall in line!