Global Warming temporarily reversed, on 911, when the air planes were grounded.

Dallas, Texas
From an article I just looked at This article, the link that I put here on this discussion page at myLot today, is seemingly very significant because it points out how Vapor Trails at certain altitudes were reduced when air traffic was grounded in the US on 9.11.2001, Dark Tuesday, when the Twin Towers and Building 7 fell and all air traffic stopped over the next day or so. The effect of Layers of vapor trails or Contrails, also condensation trails, from commercial aircraft and private aircraft and also military, all contribute to trapping heat in at night, after sunset. The days following 9/11/2001, when air planes were not flying over a large area of the US, there was an apparent temporary drop in overall temperatures. The clouds we know as cirrus clouds become more dense when vapor trails or contrails form an especially over large cities where on normal days, when air traffic is at its regular levels of operation, the concentration of cirrus clouds mixed with vapor trails from commercial aircraft cause localized air temperature warming. Just something to think about while we go about our normal days of living.
Thousands of jets leave contrails over North America every day. They affect climate, but figuring out how was one of the more unlikely legacies of 9/11.
@Ronrybs (7342)
• London, England
When European air traffic was disrupted by Iclandic volcano there was a solid improvement in air quality and it was a bit quieter here, near Heathrow!
• Dallas, Texas
If only people could text and get stuff from Amazon more and stay put at home that would be a great improvement on the air quality.
@Ronrybs (7342)
• London, England
@lookatdesktop There is lots of little thing we can do and it all adds up. I've never liked driving and have a dodgy eye, anyway, so I use public transport when I can't use a bike. Thankfully cycling is increasing around here and I am not the only loony pedalling
• Dallas, Texas
@Ronrybs Funtastic.
@topffer (34162)
• France
A good volcano eruption in the Yellowstone park would be more efficient and would reduce global warming by 0.2 to 0.5°C on the planet.
• Dallas, Texas
It would be devastating to say the least.
@topffer (34162)
• France
@lookatdesktop Only for the USA, and you have decided to pollute more with coal and oil anyways. At least, it would be interesting for the rest of the planet.
• Dallas, Texas
@topffer , Not not me personally, I have no say so in the matter. It's all up to those guys in Washington who call all the shots. I am just a victim like you are, but living closer to the sources.
@nanette64 (17612)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh yeah @lookatdesktop when you consider the number of planes daily that are in the sky, you can bet that has an effect.
• Dallas, Texas
I certainly agree.