Artifacts, Treasures, and other stuff

@CoralLevang (40748)
As I get through more of my accumulated horde, I have been selling items on my local Craigslist. Recently, I shared one of the items that I sold. One of our community members ( @thislittlepennyearns ) asked me what other "artifacts" I was ridding myself of! Thus far, I have sold a brass vase from India, a box of 80 cards and envelopes, the life canvas that I shared in a previous post, The Lawrence Welk metal tray from 1957, four brand new straw shades from Ikea, various books and photograph frames, and more. I try to keep 15 items listed. I cannot manage many more than that through the Craigslist postings. It has been like an archaeological dig going through boxes. I often wonder why I have some of the things that I'm finding. For example, these Laurel Burch collectible items are not my favorites. Although I do enjoy some of her artwork, I don't know what possessed me to hold on to these things. I believe that the right person will come along and want these items. I wonder what other Treasures I will find? Photo is my own.
@LeaPea2417 (15291)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Good luck with your selling. For years now, I have been selling things I no longer need on Ebay. Some items sell quickly and some take forever to sell. Those items, I keep relisting and relisting. But, it does seem that even those things that sit longer, eventually do sell. There is always someone that thinks the item is great. As the saying goes, "your junk has become someone's treasure". I think I said that right.
@CoralLevang (40748)
I've written I've written a couple of other post today. In one of them I showed a picture of a tray that just sold. And in the other picture I showed a corner of my living room that shows some of my accumulation. It has been a long time since I've sold on eBay. Perhaps I should start doing that again. But I think all of the fees have become much greater than when I was selling on there 20 years ago. I'm not sure how much has changed.
@LeaPea2417 (15291)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@CoralLevang It is about the same with fees.
@CoralLevang (40748)
@LeaPea2417 I sold there under the name "nomoretopramen" while I was living in the dormitory from 2000 to 2002 going to University. It kept me fed! I was attending full-time and not working. I have to see if it's still a valid account!
How often do we have to have something at the time and then time later wonder why did we have to have them?
@CoralLevang (40748)
Isn't that the truth!?
• Riga, Latvia
Not only that @JohnRoberts but I have a couple of items I don't even know what in the world they are or what possessed me to buy them. BTW your not in the market for a ceramic black jaguar are you?????
@RasmaSandra No, I am not. I might like the real thing though lol!
• Riga, Latvia
Good luck with your selling. I so need to sell so many things but no real way to do it from here in Latvia. People here are not so much into all kinds of treasures and I wish they were.
@CoralLevang (40748)
Perhaps you could do that through eBay.
• Riga, Latvia
@CoralLevang but I am in Riga, Latvia and if anyone wants to purchase anything how do I pay for the postage or do I have them pay for postage. That is what I don't understand.
@CoralLevang (40748)
@RasmaSandra I know that there are a lot of sellers on eBay from other countries. I have purchased things that came from the Netherlands. I paid postage on a certain rate. Those are things that the site can talk you through. I'm not sure how it all works. I used to sell all the time.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm not even familiar with that artist but I'm not fond of cats.
@CoralLevang (40748)
I'm very familiar with the artist and I have an umbrella that is my favorite umbrella with artwork (not cats) done by her. The reason I got both of these things were because of the artist, but because I'm allergic to cats and I like them, but I can't have them!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@CoralLevang Ive liked a couple cats but just not a cat person as much as I am a dog person.
@CoralLevang (40748)
@thislittlepennyearns imagine imagine being a cat person who can't have cats! But I'm also a small dog person. I like Chihuahuas and small mutts. I'm not generally very big on larger dogs that are bigger than 30 lb. Although, I do love most dogs.
Are the two beautiful pieces of art in the photo by Laurel Burch? Whoever did them they are gorgeous!!!! I am so proud of you! You are an inspiration as i started to get rid of lots of papers to recycle. I had three gree trash bags full of papers to recycle this week and last week o had five bags
@CoralLevang (40748)
@Marty1 I think you will like her artwork.
@CoralLevang I will add her to my list of things to research!
@CoralLevang (40748)
I wish you luck with the selling
@CoralLevang (40748)
Thank you, Courtney.
@CoralLevang you are very welcome. And look forward to hearing from you when your friend leaves.
@CoralLevang (40748)
Is Craigslist like eBay? I've never sold anything online myself.
@CoralLevang (40748)
No, Craigslist is around the United States in different cities, and it's like an online classified newspaper
@CoralLevang Thanks for explaining.
@CoralLevang (40748)
@jaboUK you are quite welcome
Years ago when I just up and left town. leaving behind my my hoard and starting new, I was in the thrift store looking for books to buy ( I no longer do that) and I walked past the glassware and the staff wanted passed and "tossed" a glass item on the shelf. I picked it up, liked it and bought it for .99. When I got home I looked at the label and realized I had just bought Waterford crystal for .99 and that piece is worth $179.00. I still have it. To some its trash but that was tressure to me.
@CoralLevang (40748)
I posted two other discussions today, one showing a tin platter that I was given and turned around and sold it yesterday. I also have another post up about my friend coming, where I shared a photograph of a part of my living room where you can see a lot of my accumulation. It may not be easy to see but you can see certain things that they hold special meaning and I can tell you about each one of them. Of course, there's a lot to go through and probably downsize.
@CoralLevang (40748)
And and as far as that 99-cent find of the Waterford, I know exactly what you mean! Great find!
You really are on a selling adventure!! I am hoping you find many more treasures to sell!!
@CoralLevang (40748)
Oh, I have many more things I can sell. In the post that I wrote about my Australian visitor you can see one corner of my living room and some of the things on that shelving unit will be sold eventually, like the ostrich egg
Good for you. I am glad you are parting with these things. I dont blame you fot only selling a limited number at once. Too much to keep track of otherwise. Hope everything sells and you can make some money!
@CoralLevang (40748)
So far, $58. With just a couple of items. I just posted a Seahawks collectible that still new in the box and I have to. Hopefully they will sell soon.
I love that oval little cat. Very unique.
@CoralLevang (40748)
She did a series of the cat eggs back in the mid 1980s and Beyond. I know she has passed away, so I don't remember when that was.
@Srbageldog (5443)
I've considered posting things for sale on Craigslist, but I don't know how safe it is to do so. Do you meet the buyers in a designated public area, or do they come to your home?