Free Pass

Here is the Ice Princess in her boot for her fractured heel. She is standing in the middle of a busy New York City street closed to traffic. Why? She had a free pass to see the Macys Day Parade with her family and friends. The kids loved it and saw it before coming to visit us for Thanksgiving. I'm as healthy as a horse! I had a super visit with my doctor yesterday and consider it a free pass towards being healthy and fit. Today is a beautiful day! Sunny and mild. I had a long walk with my friends, went out for breakfast, and stopped by myLot for a few minutes. I'm off to see my beauty doctor and the dentist. I must be in tiptop shape for Florida. What are you up to day?
I need to see my beauty doctor.
• Eugene, Oregon
Umm, does he take new patients? I need one too.
@JamesHxstatic I doubt it.But who knows
You laugh, but wait until my return from Florida! I'm booked!
Such fun to see that parade up close and personal!! Glad you are healthy as a horse too!! We have sunny and mild here too. Puzzling over which flowering shrubs in the garden need to be cut back now. I am very confused. More research needed on my part. Oh, I did buy a new lampshade-thrilling.
Don't you just cut back everything in the garden as it is going to get cold soon? Obviously, I know nothing about gardening but was wondering?
@Marty1 Well, apparently I did not know about gardens either. I did cut back the roses, but that is to be done in the spring!! I did some research, and I think I have a handle on this cutting-back thing.
@Corbin5 Spring? Isn't that when they grow? Happy you have it figured out now!
@LeaPea2417 (15404)
• Toccoa, Georgia
That's great your Grand Daughter got to see the Macy's Parade live. My Mom & Sister watched it on TV. I forgot about it so I didn't see it. Today, I am staying home doing things around the house.
This was her second time seeing it live. Usually, she's in Connecticut then. I never saw it in person. I really don't feel like going out today, but the clock is ticking!
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
Nothing much going on today. I missed the fractured heel story, what happened?
Nothing is always good. The poor baby was doing off ice practice and had a bad landing resulting in a heel fracture. Never a dull moment. She's been in a boot for three or so weeks and is receiving physical therapy.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@DianneN Aw poor baby, the beauty of youth is that they heal quickly.
@fishtiger58 Thanks, and yes, they do.
That is a cute photo of your grand daughter. Hope that heel gets back to normal soon. Was that a routine check up with your doctor?
Thanks, Grace. She's young. She's healthy. Hopefully, all will be good again with her. Yes, a routine checkup, but one never knows what those lab reports will turn up.
@DianneN You mean you are still waiting for those Lab reports?!!!
@allknowing Oh, no. They were there and all was good. I am a worry wort.
Yay! that is good news. I go to the dentist for a check up in December, I always hope for good news.
I have a new dentist who changed my opinion and dislike of dentists.
Good for you on yoir clean bill of health i worked all day. Just had dinner abd going to mylot for a bit.
I always worry that something will show up in my lab work. Thank you. I smell dinner cooking, and I'll be eating soon. What a day!
@DianneN it is hard not to worry when getting kab work done. I have to go get some done in December.
@Happy2BeMe I hope everything goes well for you. I already have appointments set up when I return in April for a mammogram and my face. Lol!
What a joy that parade must have been for her! And I am glad to hear you are doing as well on the inside as you are the outside.
Aww, thank you! Without good health, you are nothing.
I'm almost done with work for the day. Then I have a bunch of other stuff to keep me busy until bedtime.
A woman's work is never done.
Awesome, I'm glad to hear that you're healthy. I'm having lunch with a friend today. I'll be off and running in about 15 minutes.
Thank you! Have a wonderful and fun lunch with your friend!!!!
I'm not sure it'll be fun @DianneN this summer her boyfriend of the past 10 years passed and now her best friend passed a week ago. I'm going to try to sit and listen, she desperately needs a shoulder to cry on.
@rebelann I just read your post. Friends like you are needed in times like this. Bless you!
Sounds like everything is under control for you to go to Florida. She looks very happy in the picture. How is she feeling? Glad you are in good health and do not have to worry about your health.
We are pretty organized by now. Always last minute things to do. She feels great, but her heel hurts if she's on it too long. Yes, thanks, good health is so important.
@DianneN Dianne, yes good health is very important. She wears a boot, correct? If so, how long does she have to wear it?
@Hannihar It's off! She's back skating and doing her jumps!!!!!
Good for the ice princsess! i forgot to watch the parade! Glad you are so healthy! i saw my doctor on October 3 and don't have to see him until mid-April. i do have to get blood tests at the start of April. If anybody doesn't need a beauty doctor, it is you who are so naturally gorgeous!
Thanks so much. I had lab tests and always worry that they will find something icky! I see him again in June. Good luck with your appointment. And
@DianneN I think it will be okay just have to get a blood test because i am almost prediabetic and, my cholesterol is high and. I do have an excellent vitamin B12 level as i once had a severe deficiency of it!!!!
@Marty1 I sure hope you maintain those good levels, but it's always wise to check to be safe and healthy.
• Riga, Latvia
At least she look happy and how wonderful that she got to see the Macys parade. Nothing much going on here. My day is at an end and just worked on my PC. Hope you have a good rest of the day.
Are you still planning to move back to New York?
• Riga, Latvia
@DianneN that is my hometown but I am financially strapped and when I can finally make my way back to the states I will have to consider where it is best for me to settle and find a job. So at the present I don't really know. It would be different if there was someone who could offer me a room for awhile so I could see what happens but I have no one.
@RasmaSandra I'm so sorry. I suppose it would be best to find a job first before making a move. Do you work now?
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sounds good and a great photo of the Little Ice Princess. bless xo
All seemed right with the world this past week. I feel as if I'm on a high.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@DianneN So glad to hear that Dianne.
Aw she is one lucky girl to get that pass! I've always wanted to go see it in person. Glad you're in good health
I never saw it in person, but heard kids of all ages love it!
@DianneN same.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Oh so nice to see your lovely Ice Princess smiles She looks so fine now and enjoying the day! Have fun! Nothing much here
Thank you! Nothing seems to hold her back.
@tzwrites (3821)
Glad to see she is having fun and enjoying things even with her fractured heel.
Yes, thanks. So am I!!!
@rina110383 (23445)
Will be doing my laundry soon. After that, I'll go out to check some postcards.
I'm certain you have lots to keep you busy!!!
@Shiva49 (9690)
That is uplifting news - enjoy your stay in Florida. Happy that the Ice Princess keeps her chin up - siva
Many thanks!
I bt sheiovedte Ma cyoarade he she ca sii sateagain have awonderfultime noiwhugs
Yes and thank you!