He Was in Rare Form!

My dad is age 96 now. However, for my dad's 90th birthday, my husband and son thought it would be nice to take my dad to lunch to celebrate this milestone of a birthday. I thought, "What a sweet gesture for a son-in-law and a grandson to treat an elderly fellow to a nice lunch." I did not go along since it was a "guys lunch." Fine with me. I thought the trio would end up at Bailey's, my dad's favorite restaurant. Nope. My son and husband took my dad to Hooters, an establishment my dad had never patronized. My 90-year-old Dad, a retired educator for heaven's sake, had a ball at Hooters. The young ladies at Hooters made a big fuss over Dad when they learned Dad was celebrating his 90th birthday. I was told by my husband and son that my dad was in rare form at Hooters. He charmed all the young ladies at Hooters with his witty repartee and charm. My son and husband sure made Dad's 90th birthday a memorable one. I would have taken Dad to Bailey's!!!
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Flip a coin fellas, 'Bailey's or Hooters?' Both Jay and Chad, said 'Hooters!'
How cute is that!! Yes, Jay and Chad would also pick Hooters!!!
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Corbin5 You and me? Hey, lets head to Bailey's for supper!:)
@kobesbuddy I would love that. You and I would have so much fun!!!!
Hahah! Oh my goodness. Well he does look happy at any rate. Happy Birthday to him!
I think he loved being with my husband and his adult grandson even more.
@nanette64 (13885)
• Fairfield, Texas
Hooters was perfect @Corbin5 . You can tell just by the look on your Dad's face.
Well, being with my husband and his one and only grandson, an adult at the time of course, made the day even better for Dad.
@nanette64 (13885)
• Fairfield, Texas
Looks like he had a blast! That's great. =)
He asked to go back again at a later date, and our son and my husband did take him.
Definitely not somewhere I would've taken him but he looks like he enjoyed it.
Our son is his only grandchild, and my husband is actually a member of the same fraternity at the same university as my dad, so the three of them were bound to have a great time.
@Corbin5 aww.
From the way your Dad looks in the picture, he doesn't look like he's bothered by not going to Bailey's and I don't think that he even looks like he's 90. I guess all is well that ends well.
He really had such a good time. It was nice of the guys to take him there for his birthday. Dad is age 96 now and is looking good.
@LoriAMoore (10121)
Oh he looks like he's having the time of his life! He looks like Hugh Hefner surrounded by Playboy Bunnies.
He really does. I had to fix the discussion to add that Dad is age 96 now. However, that 90th birthday was a memorable one for Dad.
@Fejibaby (114)
Wow, that's a nice one,happy birthday to your dad,i wish him more grace. If you think you should have taken him to Bailey's i dont think is too late,you can make it upto him even after his bday.it will be fun too.
Well, his next birthday is in June and he will be age 97. We will celebrate that one too.
• Lakewood, Colorado
My my he looks in fine form there in that photo Deborah..thanks so much for sharing with us Bless him.
He had such a good time and the servers were so kind and asked so many questions about his naval-aviator stint in WWII. It really was a nice outing for a trio of guys.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@Corbin5 I am so glad that he had that time Deborah..I know it makes you happy too.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
That smile on his face says it all. Nice pic.
He was treated so kindly and so respectfully by the servers. They really wanted him to have a wonderful time at his birthday lunch.
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@Corbin5 Looks like they succeeded.
He looks very good for a man of that age.
Thank you. He is now age 96, and still looking good.
@Corbin5 wow that is great good for him.
• Eugene, Oregon
@Corbin5 Good for him!
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Oh What a wonderful husband and son you have there and a healthy happy father I can see that he enjoyed the birthday celebration Belated happy 90th Birthday to your dad
He really did have a wonderful time. Thank you for your kind words.
@Madshadi (4928)
• Brussels, Belgium
Its a birthday to remember
It really was. I had to fix the discussion due to my dad being 96 now. I think his 90th birthday was a memorable one.
Dad will be smiling for days!
Apparently, Dad was in fine form at that venue. The young ladies did spoil him.
Lol I can see why the men would not want to have invited you along. A few more years they will have to come up with something to top his 90th birthday lunch. How amazing to be 96 and be able to stand there amongst those beautiful woman and charm them. I could only hope I live so long!
Longevity is alive and well on my dad's and mother's sides of the family. I told our son he is one very lucky fellow.
@shaggin He really is fortunate. Our son is 33 years old, and he still has his grandfather. He also has his grandmother, my husband's mom who will be 90 in April and is spry as can be. I know how much you must miss your grandmother and grandfather. Grandparents really are so important in a child's life.
@CoralLevang (40896)
looks happier than ever!
He had a great time, but most of his happiness was being with his only grandchild, an adult at the time, and my husband.
@CoralLevang (40896)
@Corbin5 I can imagine how happy he was! What's his birthday this week? And did he do anything special for 96?
@CoralLevang I just found that photo while organizing things, like you are doing, and decided to write about the great time Dad had. He will be 97 on June 12, 2018. We had a party for him, all red and white and blue for our U.S. Navy veteran, for his 96th birthday.
Your dad looks fabulous!! From the photo, Hooters seemed the place to be for your dad's 90th. Personally, I have never set foot or chest in any Hooters.
I have never been to Hooters. My dad would have been highly embarrassed if I had gone to Hooters with them.
@Corbin5 My husband has never gone.
@DianneN I don't think Dad knew Hooters existed. My husband and my dad are fraternity brothers, Sigma Tau Gamma, from the same university, different time periods. My husband and his fraternity brothers definitely were nuts, so Hooters was a good fit.
@ilocosboy (33300)
Happy birthday to your dad
Thank you! He sure did have a memorable birthday.
• Riga, Latvia
You mean to tell me that handsome, young gentlemen in that photo is your dad. No way! Well bless him and all of his 90 years. He certainly knows how to live.
I forgot to add that Dad is now age 96. I fixed that in the discussion above. He still is going strong at age 96.
• Riga, Latvia
@Corbin5 He is certainly blessed and I do mean he doesn't look his age maybe 85 give or take a year. My godfather who lives in Westchester NY is a prominent doctor and in his time was also a bass baritone singer. He has reached the age of 97 but for several years has been bedridden due to a stroke that left him partially paralyzed. A nurse comes to help him and his loving wife helps. She is 87 10 years younger. Just recently the had to hospitalize him for problems. So as much as he keeps on going in his fashion you can certainly thank the Lord every day that your dad is doing so fine. Tell your dad that a crazy lady online saw his photo and fell in love with him and sends him virtual hugs
@RasmaSandra Thank you so much for sharing the information about your godfather. I hope he can return home after being hospitalized. Dad will be age 97 in June, and he still does pretty well.
@nangayo (2293)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Sure he enjoyed it. You really have taken good care of your dad it is not easy for people to reach that age nowadays. Kudos to him.
Thank you. Dad will be age 97 in June.
@nangayo (2293)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@Corbin5 Wow many great years for him. Will we ever get to that age with our poor eating habits?
@nangayo I think we can if we make sure to focus on our health. Dad was always very active, he never smoked, and he always went to his regular checkups scheduled with his doctor. Dad has never been overweight either.