Diary 26th To 29th November 2017

Photo taken by me – my 2017 diary
Preston, England
Diary Sunday 26th January 2017 My actual weekend off work starts today as opposed to the preceding day off due to lack of work at the post office. I made the most of the day by relaxing and catching up on my writings. Diary Monday 27th January 2017 As Sunday but with working again tomorrow I had an early night. Diary Tuesday 28th January 2017 Up at 4.30 am again, hence the early night last night. Two buses later I got to work and had quite a relaxed day sorting mostly light parcels. I was left alone until the last hour when another worker joined in, but mostly just got in the way and proved to be ditracting and rather lazy. Diary Wednesday 29th January 2017 I was on similar work to yesterday but I was issued with a dreadful finger-scanner that attaches to my hand for reading barcodes on the parcels. It slowed me down and made handling the parcels very fiddly, and the reader kept logging out on me too. I was much happier without it. Arthur Chappell
I suppose the other worker was a bit of a nuisance when he came to assist you. Sorry to hear that finger-scanner was a pain to use.
• Bournemouth, England
Which was worse: the colleague or the scanner?
• Preston, England
@asfarasiknow the scanners are worse as I had to put up with them for most of the week
I'm sure this is a busy time of year, or will be soon, since Christmas cards will be pouring in. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
• Preston, England
@misunderstood_zombie it is getting busier by the day now
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Finger scanners are always a pain.
• Preston, England
@thislittlepennyearns yes they expect users to move stock with half of one hand operating the scanner - it slows everything down
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@arthurchappell sounds similar to what they expect out of us.
I've worked in a mailroom a couple times. Usually someone trying to help is just in the way.
• Preston, England
@teamfreak16 very much what happens at our post office yes
Do you have to use the finger-scanner?
• Preston, England
@JudyEv alas yes, no choice
Seems like you can work better and faster without the finger-scanner. can you refuse to use it?
• Preston, England
@Kandae11 no, refusal would just get me fired
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
Enjoy your long weekend off work
Well glad to hear you got some time off. Glad you enjoy your work. Hope you have a great rest of the week.