Breaking Out

Hello everyone. Better late then never are my thoughts as to why I'm so late posting here today. I did not sleep well last night. My heart is heavy on a couple of things and I have been really struggling the past few days as a result. So I kept my distance, I didn't really feel "social" so it wasn't hard to stay off of the site today. But I'm ready to shed this funk of a mood that I'm in. And thankfully I am starting to feel a little better. I need to focus on the positive and get off of the pity pot. It is time to break out of this Debbie Downer Party and get on with my life and turn my frown upside down. Are you any good at getting yourself out of a down mood when it strikes you?
if I was in this mood.I go and nap till my head clears.Sorry that you are having a upside down day
Thanks, its a lot of things playing on my nerves and I'm such a worry wart, which doesn't help. I'm hoping to read something really funny here to get me over the hill......
@Juliaacv you will get over t his.
@Juliaacv I remember this well.Things are very slow here today
As you know I was going through it for weeks, and still am.. it's definitely no fun to go through and I hope you get out of it quickly. Though there is nothing wrong with you if you don't.
No, I'm coming out of it. I just have to, my family and my friends count on me and my smile, they tell me that every day. And I love them all too much to disappoint.
@Juliaacv thats good they tell you that and im glad that helps get you better. But if you cant, ITS OK
@Courtlynn Reading and reflecting on the many thankful posts drives home the reality to me that I am blessed and have plenty. But sometimes my heart hurts, I hate the fact that our daughter is gone, I hate the fact that I have to have this surgery and worry about the outcome.......you know emotional stuff.
Glad that your mood has improved and that you are feeling a bit better. I always redirect my attention to other things I need to do to achieve a better mood.
I am really trying, and I feel a tad happier now, less sensitive is maybe a better way of explaining it. I have to stop worrying, next week is my surgery and I'm so damned scared. I have to put my positive mindset on, and then I'll be fine, but it isn't easy today.
@Juliaacv Well, do not blame yourself for being scared. Just remember that I will be praying for the surgery to go well now, during and after. The fear you have is average, so you are behaving quite normally, my friend.
@Corbin5 Oh thanks, but I have to settle myself down. I'm trying to concentrate on eating healthy so that I heal well.
I saw on JudyEv's post that you were feeling down yesterday and forgot to stop by and check on you. I just saw her post again which reminded me to come check out your discussion. I hope you are feeling better today.
I got really low this week. I have had a lot of issues over the course of my life that have been difficult, and somehow the road isn't getting any easier, and I fell into the poor me mindset. She and many others here, did lift my spirits. I'm so thankful for your consideration and care, thank you. I'm my usual sunshine and rainbows happy girl today again.
@Juliaacv I throw myself a little pity party now and then as well but it passes after awhile. Glad to hear your doing well today
@shaggin Thanks, I don't like getting into a rut like that, but it happens to all of us sometimes.
I am not that good at it. You would think being on an antidepressant would help that. I can talk myself into thinking more positive, but logic doesn't often help my actual feelings. Let me know if I can do anything to support you. And I mean anything. I would try my very best to do it.
Thanks, you just did. My heart hurts, I was thinking of our daughter, and how much I would have loved to have had a daughter, especially now that she'd be a young woman. And I'm nervous, next week is my surgery, and I am fearful of getting bad news. I'm just a silly old worry wart the past few days. But your kind words have me smiling and feeling a little happier, thank you Amber!
@Juliaacv I'm glad. And I pray for you daily so don't forget you've got a lot of people rooting for you!
@AmbiePam Now you've got my heart swelling, you're a pretty special girl you know. I'm sure that your Mom is looking down over you and smiling, I know that I smile when I think of you. Thanks!
Sorry you're feeling a bit down Julia - hope this will make you smile, I call it 'I ain't Goin' Yet': Hey you, Mister Reaper I've only got a cough, there's no point you waiting why don't you just sod off?
Thanks, I'm going to remember that and recall it if I need it again. Judy posted something terribly funny which turned my mood and got me out of the dumps.
@Juliaacv Yes, i saw Judy's post
Sometimes we just need some time alone with our thoughts. I always myself to feel that way but I always pick myself back up, dust myself off and move forward. Hope you are feeling better soon.
Thanks, sometimes my thoughts drift off to the why me side of the brain, I've survived this and lived thru that........and that's not a healthy way to think or feel. I'm coming out of it. I hate when I get this way. Thanks.
@Juliaacv it happens to all of us.
@CoralLevang (40639)
Have you ever seen Debbie Downer from SNL? She makes me laugh. Even when I am in my Lo moments I'm not like her! Find her on YouTube and you might be able to find the Christmas scene from a number of years ago I usually put myself around people so that I can act like I'm more happy!
When I'm kept busy I manage to stay upbeat, but today was my day off and somehow the last few days have just been really tough. Debbie has left the room here now though.....
@CoralLevang (40639)
@Juliaacv I truly do understand! And if you ever get a chance to watch that old Saturday Night live Debbie Downer skits, they are hilarious. You look like Mary Poppins!
I'm sorry you've been down and worried. It can be hard to get motivated to do anything when you're feeling this way. I read your reply to Alfredo. I'll try to come up with something funny.
Thank you, I'm looking forward to reading it. I feel so much better reading these comments-you are such good friends to me.
@Frenzys9 (115)
Glad your feeling better today!
Thanks
When I feel down, I usually listen to music which remind me of happy days - works for me.
I am trying, and I do feel a little less sensitive. Hopefully tomorrow will dawn bright and happy.