I miss shopping for toys

@ramapo17 (25849)
Melbourne, Florida
Does anyone else like shopping for kids toys like I do? When my grandsons were young, and even my kids, I would go into the stores and start up so many toys that made noise or moved around. One of my favorite ones was Elmo. My husband would walk away from me as I embarrassed him. I enjoyed it then and I still do if I happen to be in the toy section in the stores. I will never forget the sounds of, Hey Burt, yeah Ernie!!!!!!
I still get to buy toys I have some young grandchildren and a couple greatgrands and I do love it.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
They keep us granny's feeling young.
@ramapo17 They sure do!!
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
@BelleStarr I miss playing with all the toys and watching the kids tv shoes.
Never done any.Mother does the shopping.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
You need to get out more @amadeo.
@ramapo17 I get out every day.I do not miss shopping for toys anymore.The only time that I do i Is Toy for Tot this I give plus cash.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
@amadeo I always give things for Toys for Tots. My husband is an Elk and they have a big container to put the toys in. Being I don't have little ones to buy for any more I still like to go to the toy stores and get something like it was for one of my own grandchildren.
You can still shop for kids by donating to Toys for Tots. I like pushing the 'try me' button too.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
We do donate to Toys for Tots every year as my husband is an Elk and they always have a big box to fill up.
@ramapo17 That's great.
My brother and I used to do that with the toys by the door at KB TOYS. My mom would laugh at us and continue going to or out of the store.. she knew it was going to happen everytime
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
I am 75 and still do that. I relive my life when I go in the toy stores or departments.
@ramapo17 same . But 25 lol
You and Vince would make a good pair. I'd be walking away - quickly - with your husband.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
Awww, come on, it is like being a kid again.
Over the years, it was fun to shop for toys for our son, nieces and nephews. Some toys just have to be played with no matter how old one happens to be.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
Very true words. I like someone that thinks the way I do.
@Daelii (6187)
lol! I tend to play with the musical toys when in a store. My kids have quite a few at home :)
@moffittjc (46302)
• Gainesville, Florida
I actually got excited when I saw a whole selection of toys at Home Depot for the Black Friday sales! I just wanted to play with everything! haha
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
I always did to and my daughter still does. It is so much fun working in any stores during the Christmas season
@moffittjc (46302)
• Gainesville, Florida
@ramapo17 That is true. I have always loved working in retail during the holidays. So many other employees complain, but I think it's totally awesome!
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
@moffittjc It is fun and can put people in the mood with all the music and decorations.
It's a strange feeling the first year none of your kids want toys. Sad how fast they grow up. At least, Burt and Ernie will never change.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
I miss Bert and Ernie.
You seem to still preserve traces of childishness,which is a good frame of mind.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
I will never grow up.
I love shopping for toys and not only for the kids. I do buy some for me too! yes I still collect toys whenever I see something cute like the shopskins.
@ramapo17 (25849)
• Melbourne, Florida
I don't know what a shopskin is.
@hereandthere (33039)
it was so easy to buy gifts for my nieces, nephews, and godchildren when they were young.