I need to get out

Peoria, Arizona
I am getting very antsy, I think I have been in my home for too long. I don't go out much because I have problems with my knees, they like to dislocate a lot, I swear my knee caps are just trying to run away from me. So I exercise and such at home, just in case anything happens, I near my 500 ace bandages and pain killers I have. But I am getting so antsy! I think on the 1st my mom and I should take a jaunt up to the thrift store that is near us. I really want to go to it and my mom and I were just talking about it last night. I want to see if I can find any plaid covers. I am a grunge baby for life and live for plaid and cardigans. I also mostly have to shop in the mens section because my shoulders are just too broad for women's covers, it is kind of annoying. I have only been to this thrift store once, and didn't get to check out the clothing that much because my grandma was with us and it is just so hard to mozy when she is there. She is the kind of person that wants to get in and get out and go home. where my mom and I are like...we just walked all the way here, let's enjoy this. And we find such interesting things. I know my first time going there I found a manga (japanese graphic novel) there and I was so excited! but it would be fun to get out and walk and see what we can find because the prices were amazing there. Like 3 dollars for a pair of shoes, and they didn't even look like they were worn or anything, it was so nice. So hopefully that will happen soon because ahhh I need to do something and I am not the kind of person that just gets out takes a walk, like I said, because of my knees. Unless you want to pay for my hospital bills, I am not going to go take a walk without purpose.
I get really antsy being stuck inside most the year due to cold weather. If your knees dislocate I can understand you not wanting to go out alone. I hope you do get to take that outing. Even if you don’t find exactly what you are looking for it will be nice to just get out of the house for awhile and browse. My daughter loves manga novels as well.
• Peoria, Arizona
It is pretty much cabin fever. I would love to go out, I love going to thrift stores haha never know what you are going to find!
@DesirousDreamer I call it cabin fever as well! I have always enjoyed thrift stores. My senior year instead of going for new clothes at stores I went to the Salvation Army and found some really awesome and unique things.
• Peoria, Arizona
@shaggin Most of my closet that isn't band tees are clothes from thrifts stores haha it is cheaper and I can actually find stuff that fits me!
Hurry up Run.
@Madshadi (8991)
• Brussels, Belgium
That would make her knees worse
• Peoria, Arizona
That would be the worse idea! haha!
@Daelii (6179)
That sounds like a great trip! I love thrift stores! I could spend forever browsing and my husband is happy I get out in under an hour! Haha
• Peoria, Arizona
I adore thrift stores so much haha and I am the same, I could spend forever in them, same with my mom, she loves it as well! They are so much fun.
@Daelii (6179)
@DesirousDreamer the old records (I use to have a real good decent collection of Black Sabbath and other ones all picked up at thrift shops!) to books... I really loved my library. :(
• Peoria, Arizona
@Daelii That is amazing, never know what you are going to find at a thrift store, that is for sure.
@ridingbet (60701)
right. me too, when i go to the city proper, there has to be a reason not only gallivanting around. i too have to take care of my heart. my joints are all functioning well, thank God, but i have to rest in between my walking, because my heart should take a breather.
• Peoria, Arizona
I totally understand. I love walking, but I am very limited with what I can do.
@Madshadi (8991)
• Brussels, Belgium
Have you tried swimming? It’s really good for the knee
• Peoria, Arizona
If I could go swimming I would. i know that is amazing for knees, but I don't have that option.
I am sorry this happens to you, is there a cause for it? Why not get a wheelchair? I most certainly would go out daily in a wheelchair, like for a walk but riding.
• Peoria, Arizona
I do have a wheelchair, I could use it as a walker, if I needed to.
@Frenzys9 (175)
I know the same feeling. I hope you get to get out and do somthing :)
• Peoria, Arizona
Heck yeah, I surely need it haha