A chuckle especially for @juliaacv

Bunbury, Australia
One of the myLot members that I enjoy many pleasant interactions with is Juliaacv (@juliaacv). She is feeling a bit down at the moment so I am hoping if she sees this she might get a laugh from it. In a previous life Vince played in a dance band called the Evergreens. At the time we lived in a small country town in Western Australia and the group would travel quite long distances to play in small halls. He played drums. A husband and wife played saxophone and piano and the husband’s brother played guitar. Occasionally the guitarist and Vince might sing a couple of numbers. One New Year they travelled over an hour to play at a dance. This was after being at work all day. Being New Year they were booked till 1am. When it was time to pack up, the committee approached them and they agreed to play till 2. Just before 2, the hat was passed around and enough money donated for them to play till 3am. I should perhaps mention that the band members all used to have a few drinks through the evening. The last dance was always a medley and the last of the three would be a Modern Waltz. This was always a slow number with nothing much for the drummer to do except swish gently with the wire brush-type sticks. Halfway through this piece, Vince nodded off and fell off his drum stool. It was time to go home. I can't find my photo of the band so here's one of a motor-bike hanging in a tree.
Poor Vince!!! that is a good story and i hope it makes @juliaacv feel better as she is a very kind person and i have to think of her not feeling her happiest. Is that a real motorbike in the tree? If it is how is it suspended and not appear to be pulling down the branch? Great picture and story!
That picture made me laugh so hard! It literally snapped me right out of the wallows and off of the pity pot that I was perched upon.
@Juliaacv I am curious about the picture as one would think if it were real it would pull the tree down with it???? One has to wonder how it got up there in the first place? Are you missing a motorbike? This picture might be yours it if you are?! =) Glad you got a laugh hope you are feeling happier and stay that way!
I've written a separate post about the bike. The farmer hoisted the bike into the tree.
• Eugene, Oregon
Ohhh that is so funny! I can imagine the clatter he made falling. Now, about that motor-bike? Photoshop I assume?
No, it's really in a tree on one of our roads. I've written separately about how it's a shame that we can no longer trust our eyes when we see a photo.
• Eugene, Oregon
@JudyEv It really is.
lol poor Vince & hope she feels better after reading this.
Julia says she is so that's good.
The poor guy must have been tired out. Hope he didn't hurt himself.
Only his pride I think!
That is too funny
It's a good story isn't it? And it's true!
@JudyEv Yes it is...it must have been funny to see
Oh wow! This did it, thank you Judy! That picture coupled with the story of the drummer being done before the song have me chuckling. I love them both, what a great shot, did Vince take it?
Yes, we drive past that tree from time to time and took the photo years ago. I'm glad you were able to laugh at this.
@JudyEv Oh I was, thank you. It snapped me out of my down mood as soon as I saw the picture. I appreciate that.
I thought the story would end and Vince would walk out and see the bike, but sleeping was just as good. That is so funny that a bike is hanging randomly at the top of a tree. I hope your friend cheers feels better.
I wish I could find the photo of the band but at the moment I can't.
That's cute..
It certainly woke him up again.
Judy, that picture is cute and that must have been something Vince nodding off and falling off his drum stool. Did he hurt himself?
Only his pride got hurt luckily. And that mended quickly.
@JudyEv Judy, I am glad it mended quickly. I would be very embarrassed if that happened to me.
That's hilarious!
I've told that story so many times and it always gets a laugh.
@Ronrybs (7133)
• London, England
I am totally intrigued with the motorbike in the tree!
I wrote about it separately. We were told the story by someone and told to look out for it.
That bike on that tree is intriguing. How did it get there?
Apparently it wouldn't start one day and the farmer got mad with it and strung it up the tree.
That certainly is a very interesting picture and it looks like the bike is flying through the air. I'm laughing at your recap of Vince and his falling off his drum stool...does he know you have shared this moment with us?
Yes, he is very tolerant of stories I share about him. It's his own fault. If he didn't fall of stools I wouldn't write about it!
@Platespinner (18513)
Is that a full-size motorbike or a toy?
It's a full-sized one. They probably had it on the back of a truck with a rope attached, threw the rope over the branch and hauled it up. I've done a separate post about it.
@tzwrites (3809)
The motorbike stuck in the tree is great
It looks a long way up doesn't it?
Funny anecdote Judy, and what a fun picture too.
Because it was the only dance band within cooee, they played almost every Saturday night and sometimes on a Friday as well. It's no wonder they were asleep on their feet (or their stool) sometimes.
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
I zoomed the picture and yeah it really is a motorbike. Lol
Haha! You believe me now?
@Shiva49 (9591)
The mind is willing but the body is not cooperative! Thanks for this share that brings a smile to everyone - siva
We all need our sleep don't we?
@cahaya1983 (9522)
Well I'm sure he did try his best to continue drumming through the waltz though. And I can't for the life of me think how a motorbike could end up hanging up there.
They would have all been very tired by that point. I think I'll write about the bike separately.
@franxav (3728)
The story and the picture made me smile wildly. I'd loved to be with Vince that night! And that motorcycle hanging from the branch is probably mine.
Are you missing a bike?