what makes the Starbucks Christmas 2017 different than any other year?

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
On November 1 at local store times of 5 am, Starbucks officially brought out whatever Holiday drink for which they are famous and a new cup!!! Yes, this cup has red on it with decorations of a handful of things such as Christmas trees, stars, and snowflakes. But these are drawn in black on a white background and the reason you may ask yourself? These cups are meant to be colored into individual tastes of the drinker! And don't worry if you have no markers as Starbucks will let you use some of the markers they have as long as you do it in the store! So fellow my lotters who drink coffee, go to Starbucks get your drink and have fun coloring your cup! Will you get a special holiday drink and get the new cup? what id your favorite holiday drink from Starbucks? Merry Christmas or if you prefer Happy Holidays! Citation Courtesy of help from easybib.com and it is in MLA8 style (easy bib is my favorite site!) Cullum, Erin. "Rejoice, Starbucks-lovers! Red cups and holiday drinks are officially back!" Popsugar, 6 Nov 2017. Picture regular Starbucks cups from Pixabay
www.popsugar.com/food/when-starbucks-have-Christmas-drinks-2017-44204249
I went to Starbucks for the buy one get one free holiday drink special. I also had a freebie for my birthday. Starbucks does have pretty cups..and neat merchandise..but I will get my coffee drinks elsewhere.
I wish i could tolerate coffee as I love a good price!! Is it the taste or that they charge for one drink what I can buy a jar of coffee that would last me a month for the cost of one drink? was your bargain coffee good tasting? what drink did you have? have a nice evening!
@kobesbuddy (19488)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've been to Starbucks a couple times, but not during the holiday season. The Saginaw food court has a Starbucks, just around the corner:)
What did you drink? Was it good I don't drink coffee so i may be rare but I have never been in a Starbucks ever!!!! i wonder what makes the drinks for the holidays so special?
@kobesbuddy (19488)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Marty1 I drank regular coffee, with cream. There were many different flavors for lattes, mocha drinks, ice coffee, most of them are loaded with sugar and whipped cream. I can't drink them, because my blood sugar would sky rocket through the ceiling:(
@kobesbuddy was the regular coffee good? was it expensive being so plain?
@cahaya1983 (9632)
I don't celebrate, but I think that's a creative way to liven up the festive mood.
I totally agree with you a very clever way! I wonder if one has to drink the drink then flatten it to color them?
@Marty1 Hmm or maybe you don't have to. I still think you can color without flattening it.
@cahaya1983 that would be an entertaining thing to do while drinking the coffee instead of having to wait till you finish the drink before coloring it
@JESSY3236 (5045)
I don't drink coffee. But i think that's a cool idea, but some people are outraged about the cup like last year.
I have to do a little research as i didn't hear about an outrage but do remember last year but don't remember what the problem was when the people were so upset. I think it is a clever idea to make cups to color! i don't drink coffee either!
@JESSY3236 (5045)
@Marty1 Last year they were upset because the cups were Christmasy enough.
@JESSY3236 now they give it to those people, and they have a problem with it? sounds like some people will find fault with anything or else they have too much time on their hands!
I love Starbucks coffee.
I think you are the same as many other people as there are so many stores that they must be popular! which of their drinks is your favorite?
@Marty1 Caramel machiatto and peppermint.
I've never bought starbucks coffee ready to go from starbucks as I've heard its really expensive. I have tried a bag of starbucks coffee that I got free from a sampling mission but I did not like it at all.
From what i heard it is very expensive. Even if i drank coffee, i would not go there because of the price it is cheaper to buy a can or jar of other types of coffee that will last a month for the price of one Starbucks drink.
@Marty1 exactly! I saw somewhere a mini starbucks and every drink on the menu was $5. I pay under $4 at Walmart for a container of coffee that lasts me weeks so no way will I spend that much at Starbucks.
@shaggin Oh, I was not sure of the price of a container of coffee. I think it would be silly to not drink your own coffee at home as it is such a great price! My dad always liked McDonald's coffee and thought it a reasonable price
@Blondie2222 (18194)
They do that every year i believe so it is no differen't. I don't go to starbucks so never had it before.
From what I read and maybe it was interpreted wrong, but I do know they have a holiday cup yearly, but this might be the first one that was designed to be colored. i am sorry if i am wrong. I have never even been in a Starbucks, but there is a drive through one on my doctor's parking lot!
@Blondie2222 (18194)
@Marty1 I'm not sure i can ask my sister she goes to starbucks all the time
@Blondie2222 that is a good idea!! I don;t know anybody who drinks from Starbucks
@bunnybon7 (33092)
• Holiday, Florida
most everyone loves it but a lot can not afford it. mine of course was hazel nut anything. lol back when I could afford it
I agree with you; it is much too expensive to afford. I would never pay that much for one drink. I hear there are some people who go frequently. I have never been to one as I do not like anything that tastes like coffee.
@bunnybon7 I never went there ar all as i have no interest in coffee. my mom could not find a man and didn't look because my dad was so great to her.
@bunnybon7 (33092)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marty1 of course. i would not have either if hubby had lived. went looking that is. lol
@dgobucks226 (6768)
Saw a photo of the 2017 Starbucks cup and it looks great. Many Christmas themes on the cup in addition to red and green colors. A true holiday feel! Nice to see tradition back as their 2015 cups were a nightmare.
I have only seen these cups in a picture on the email that was discussing it. I am glad it is so much better this year. I have heard about those nightmare cups but never saw one do you remember what the 2015 looked like as it escapes me? I just remember reading about all the people who were upset!
@Marty1 From what I understand, they were all red with no Christmas or holiday designs on them. Political correctness gone to far...
@dgobucks226 i agree. I am sick of political correctness.
@PatZAnthony (11813)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
Starbucks is not for me as they really have nothing I drink, so no. However someone did gift me a very nice stainless steel mug from one of their stores a few years ago. It is a great container that lets me keep my water with me at all times.
I am the same as you as i don't drink anything they sell either. Does the stainless steel cup you received as a gift keep your water cold if you added cold water to it? Those kind of cups were popular with my family grab bag last Christmas!
@ebanreb (4748)
Is there a free cup of coffee for this Christmas 2017? If none I can say it is just a normal day.
I have not heard or read anything about a free cup, but i may be wrong as i don't read as much online i should. But that would be a nice gesture to give one bit i guess they figure most are happy with a cup that they could color in this year!
@rina110383 (23114)
No specific favorite coffee though I love Starbucks coffee.
Do you not have a favorite as they have so many good ones and like them all?? I never had any from there but they sound like they are delicious with the names of them. Do you ever get the holiday drinks?
@Tina30219 (26407)
• Onaway, Michigan
I drink Starbucks’s but not as often as I use to because I don’t get by one very often but when I do I get one. I am a coffee person.
I can understand that as there are some places I don't get too as often as I wish like Taco Bell etc... I am not a coffee person at all. I feel like i must be the only one who does not drink it. I read a series of books that are culinary, and they practically inhale coffee they drink so much of it!!!
I have only been to Starbucks once in my life, and it was about ten years ago. The stores are everywhere though.
i know! i have two doctors in buildings on the same lands and there is a drive they Starbucks in the parking lot between them! I have never been in one as i am not a coffee drinker!
@Frenzys9 (114)
I don’t understand why everyone is getting offended.
I am sorry i don't know what you mean offended? by what?