I didn't mean to be a liar...

By JJ
...but I guess I've been lying for a long time now. I've stated for a long time that my lowest-earning month here was $14.91, but technically, that isn't true. In July 2015 I only earned $1.9995 Of course, technically they started paying again in August 2015 and issued the first payments in September 2015, but they back-dated the payment algorithm to include July 2015. So in September 2015 I was paid $18.81, but that was for the last half of July ($1.9995) and all of August ($16.8074). Therefore, even though I have been paid every month, there is technically a month I didn't earn the minimum. And I'd like to point something else out. Many users complain myLot needs to 'raise' the amount they pay us. They actually did raise it back on August 9th 2015. They almost doubled the amount they were giving us previous to then. They took into account what the site earns, and decided they could give us more and still be sustainable. And I think many of us are happy with that...we want the site to remain sustainable. Getting a cash incentive is nice...but the amount isn't that important to many of us. If it was, I would have to rank myLot pretty low on the scale as an 'earning site'. But as it is, it gets ranked at the top of my favorite sites. (Note: this is not a paid advertisement...although I am open to getting paid to promote the site if anyone from Admin is listening. )
There are next to no paid writing sites (social, blog, content) do myLot is pretty good in offering something.
have you tried hubpages?
This is my favorite place to be when I am online and I am very happy with my earnings each month. i have a lot of fun here and the people are awesome!!
Does awesome mean some are going "Awe" all the time? And if someone is full of awe, why don't we call them awful?
@JolietJake I could go either way..there a few that could fall in the awful category!!
You are the Wikipedia of myLot
It was kind of funny...I saw my daily earnings had basically doubled and sent Alex a PM asking about it...he didn't know anything and then he asked Bugsy about it and he said yes, they had raised them.
@sishy7 (27654)
@JolietJake When was it raised? 2015 or 2017?
@sishy7 2015
I think it's a great site whatever the earnings.
Its a wonderful site, fun and interesting people to interact with and the bonus is the monetary incentive.
Hey I recently started and I have like 0.2___ cents is that ok?
Yes, it is fine.
Not to let you down, but I have been here years ago and never reach payout! If money is what you are after here, you'll be better far-off selling tissues on the streets.
@shaqziad1610 I like it here.t the payment is quite new to me, now that I understand this I'll manage
@sw8sincere (3936)
This is my fave site. It feels good to express what we feel without any judgements. I like the friendly community and the interactions doesn't only what makes us a family but it also helps somehow to addend up our earnings. Great as it is!
@hereandthere (29634)
when you say, "They took into account what the site earns, and decided they could give us more and still be sustainable." - does it mean mylot is really raking it in now? ka-ching! ka-ching! ka-ching! when you say, "Many users complain myLot needs to 'raise' the amount they pay us." - hmm, what if mylot did, but they started implementing "standards" like minimum number of words, maximum posts per 24 hours, and other restrictions and limits done by other sites?
I wouldn't say 'raking it in' but the site was created for the owners to make money for themselves. They've avoided implementing minimums/maximums to keep the site with more of a 'free' feeling to it, to my understanding, but even then, that wouldn't mean they could raise what they give us, since total revenue would actually go down.
@JolietJake i think stats like these are far off the mark
mylot.com receives about 27,900 unique visitors per day, and it is ranked 18,560 in the world. Find more data about mylot.
@hereandthere Yeah, I'm sure those 'unique' visitor stats are completely wrong
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
When did they stop being a paying site prior to coming back as a paying site?
They stopped in May 2013 when the site was sold.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JolietJake ah. I just wasn't sure about when it happened. What was your highest month? Since you've shared your lowest with us .
@JolietJake I wasn't here at that time.
Wow, that was brave of you to came out of the closet.
There wasn't any light in there, I was scared
@JolietJake But the light can be so blinding outside. Nevertheless, you deserve a
@averygirl72 (16656)
Impressive. The highest earning I earn is $8. You seem to like mylot a lot
I've been here 11 years, you could say I like it, yes
@averygirl72 (16656)
@JolietJake So you are mylot Legend
getting paid antiquing o have funi s really pretty aweso,e JJ
whas so nea here is he hones of oujr admins
@ridingbet (49678)
i am contented with the required amount before we are paid out. if the payment goes back to $10, it might take me 3 months to achieve that amount. i would not also like it to be at the minimum of $1, because the other users might search for other sites then the population will decrease.
@sjvg1976 (18380)
That's true. If I have to rate mylot for earnings then would rate it very low.
We will forgive that little bitty lie.
I'm happy that mylot pays but no, this isn't an earning site!
MyLot is a nice site to make a few extra bucks. Works for me.
@EddieHands (37852)
lol stop being a liar! just kidding. I make 100 a month here. but I am not lying! just kidding. Merry Christmas
@nanette64 (17470)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'm at $4.70 as of this moment @JolietJake . Somehow I don't think I'm gonna reach payout for this month. Tell Admin to send me some extra will ya?
I hope Admin is listening, you are promoting myLot very well.