Loving my new job so far!

Ok so it's still just week 1, and I have only been training at headquarters so far.. but I'm just so in love with this place already! The company literally spoils the employees rotten so that they're always happy.. because happy employees makes happy customers, right? So this week on Monday and Tuesday I had my basic training, just like what the company is about and all the background stuff I need to know. Yesterday I was in a seminar all day, a positivity seminar. You go to them once a year to sort of recharge. They feed you and give prizes and play games. It was so much fun! What a great way to start a new job on the right foot! Today I will be in my office just shadowing and meeting everyone. Next week I go back to headquarters for more in depth training, and next Friday I'll be back at my office ready to get to work! Did I mention how happy everyone is to work there?? Did I mention that this year they've been named the 11th best place to work in this state? So far, I'm really glad I decided to take this job, and I'm really looking forward to what the near future holds!
• Denmark
Are you not allowed to mention what kind of job it is?
I am allowed. Most people already know I work in a credit union.
• Denmark
@katsmeow1213 Aha. Thanks for the info.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That's great that you like it so far. Be wary though, the honeymoon is sure to end at some point.
It always does.
People who have been there for years still love it there and all the people they work with.. but we get advancement opportunity frequently too so people move around a lot which keeps that honeymoon phase going on and on forever!
@tzwrites (3820)
I rarely hear about people saying they like their workplace.
So far I love it!
That is a nice way too feel about your workplace. I loved the post office the same way.
That is terrific! I am so glad everything is working out so well.
I feel the need to pinch myself, like OMG is this really happening to me? A great job that I actually like?
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
I love hearing things like this. It's just plain good business. Your employees are happy and so they are productive. It only makes sense. Good for you for getting this job. My son works for Amazon and it's amazing how they treat their employees, my son does two jobs there one of them being counting inventory. They had a contest yesterday, who could count the most with the least errors. My son won and his prize was getting paid for the rest of the 10 hour day after he had only worked 3 1/2 hours. He was pretty pleased. And he was home by 12:30 instead of working till 6 pm
So cool! We mostly get a lot of food.. but I'm good with that!
@fishtiger58 (30715)
• Momence, Illinois
@katsmeow1213 Heck yea I loved when the job fed me.
That's glad to hear that you're happy and love your new job. I felt the same way when I was still working.
I hated my last job so this is great!
That is wonderful. It must be awesome to enjoy going to work each day. I never had that feeling.
Well I mean, I'm sure in time the newness will wear off and I'll have some bad days. So far I'm just glad it's better than my last job!
@katsmeow1213 that is good.
This is such great news. I do hope your happiness with this job grows and grows.
I think it will.. so far nothing but positive things happening! I mean I know eventually I'll have a bad day on the job, but so far everything seems too good to be true!
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
It's always nice to be appreciated at work let alone spoiled. Congrats on your new job
Thanks
Feeling good about the workplace is a huge plus since one spends most of their waking hours on the job.
Yes! I'm so happy and excited to be there
That seminar sounds like it was great! =) Wow, it sounds like your at the right place! That's great, I am so happy for you. =)
My boss told me today that our office does those like once a month for just us!
That is so good to hear because I know at one point you were in two minds about taking the position.
Yes I really was... but to be honest I think this will turn out to be one of the best decisions I've made career wise. I was at my branch today and everybody was so nice and they all love their jobs.
When I worked for Tech Savvy we all felt that way too. I cried when I handed them my 2-week notice because I had to quit as we were moving over an hour away. They fed everyone every day at work, and you had no reason not to give 100% each and every day, and quite often we felt like we could give more. What type of a job did you take?
I'm doing the same thing I've been doing for years.. I'm in banking. I just switched companies.
I am so happy for you that you love your job. What do you do?
@sishy7 (27380)
It's so great to work at a place that care for their employees and customers. Congratulations! I hope it's only getting better after week 1...
• Marion, Kansas
Companies that spoil their employees tend to have less turnover. I am happy for you.
Im so glad to hear you are enjoyimg your new job!
I'm glad you love it!
@rina110383 (23566)
Nice to know that you're happy with your new job and that the company treats its employees well.