Twenty six days of books- Day 1: A

Ponce De Leon, Florida
I have decided to share a book a day that I have read everyday until I make it through the whole alphabet. Because this is day one today's letter is A (duh) and the book of the day is "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeline L'Engle. I read this for the first time in elementary school and fell in love with the story. If you are unfamiliar with the story, it follows thirteen year old Meg as she struggles in school while all the adults in her lives are convinced she is just a stubborn child. Everyone in her family is scientifically inclined and brilliant- including her father who is nowhere to be found. Meg discovers the theory that her father was working on at the time of his disappearance and along with some others sets out to solve the mystery and find her father. It's a great book, that is being turned into a movie that will come out in the spring of 2018. This is also the first science fiction book that I can remember reading. Have you read this one? Or the following books in the series? The picture is courtesy of Wikipedia.
I’ve never read this one but the name sounds familiar.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It was a fairly popular book
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
I have heard of it but never read it, now I might have to thanks.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
There are a total of four books in the series. It was required reading when I was in middle school. I read it early because my grandmother was a middle school English teacher.
@fishtiger58 (30320)
• Momence, Illinois
@thislittlepennyearns thanks for the info going to look into that
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@fishtiger58 let me know if you read it
@Srbageldog (8219)
I have read this book several times since I was a kid. I also love it. I hope the movie does it justice, but based on the trailer that I saw, it doesn't look like they stayed true to the story.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
The older movie was good..
I never read this book nor heard of it. It does sound interesting and will probably be a good movie too.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
It surprised me that there are people that have never heard of this book..
Disney did a TV movie of A Wrinkle in Time with Gregory Smith from the series Everwood.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'm not sure how I feel about that. I knew there was a Disney one but had forgotten who was in it. Although I did like Everwood
I read this when i was in ES. I liked it very much. I think it was one of the best books I read as a child. One scene I still remember from the book was the dinos fighting. That was a powerfully written scene. Kids are going to love the movie, and I bet some adults will too.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I bet the kids that grew up reading the book that are now adults will love it. I'm excited to see it when it comes out but I will need to read it again.