I actually have people to give gifts to!

Peoria, Arizona
I feel like I have taken a step farther into my adult life where I actually have people I want to give gifts to! My stepmom invited me over to celebrate an early Christmas because my nieces will be down here from Tuscon and they will be going up to Oregon to go see their dad the next day. So everything is going to be celebrated early on the 23rd. I thought it was so nice for her to invite me since I haven't spent Christmas with my dad and stepfamily since I was like 12. no kidding, I think that was the last time I actually celebrated with them, that is crazy! But now with that, I want to actually give gifts! I am an adult, I should be able to do that. I don't have money so I will be making gifts for everyone. For my nieces, I will make them dolls that look similar to them, and perhaps give them a few outfits to play with. For my dad and stepmom I am going to be doing some punch needle projects, I haven't done anything with punch needle in a while, so this will be something. I still haven't decided what I want to do for my step-sister, that would be the mom of my two nieces and I don't know if anyone else is going to be there. But that is already a lot I have to do anyway. Then I am making two gifts for my mom, she requested to things for me to make and so I shall do it! I already got my grandma's gift and that will be coming in the mail, whenever it does. And then I have a friend who wanted to do gifts this year I am going to be drawing him something. Holy cow I have so much to do! And i feel so happy that I can! I think the next step to my adulthood is to actually get an address book and be able to send cards and stuff out, that would be awesome! Ahh I am so happy and overwhelmed but mostly happy!
have fun with it.
@DesirousDreamer I am not sure what I am over here. LOl therapy will tell me
@DesirousDreamer OH trust me I got that. LOl.
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
I would appreciate a creative and thoughtful gift like yours more than the one you could buy in the shop. Especially knowing that you spent time to make it.
• Peoria, Arizona
I love making things, I know some people like more practical things, but it is thought that counts!
@Madshadi (4963)
• Brussels, Belgium
@DesirousDreamer I agree with you n that
• Peoria, Arizona
@Madshadi Yeah haha especially since I have never done anything like this before for them.
Congratulations! That´s the real Christmas spirit.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you! I love it!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
What did you order your grandma?
• Peoria, Arizona
Lite crochet hooks!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@DesirousDreamer oooh that's nifty. I just ordered a book off book depository. Funny story my phone always thinks it's books suppository
• Peoria, Arizona
@thislittlepennyearns I had to look up what that was, I am bookmarking that place! Just in case I actually have something to buy books with haha
You are so kind to create personal gifts for your Mom and grandparents, those are the most appreciated gifts.
• Peoria, Arizona
I never done gifts for my stepfamily before, so it is a first! I'm excited to see what they will think haha
@DesirousDreamer I am sure they will be excited and happy.
• Peoria, Arizona
@LadyDuck Or they will laugh and I will cry and never want to go back over again haha hopefully it isn't the latter.
I am so happy that you are so happy. It is easy to feel the excitement in your writing!! What a wonderful Christmas you are going to have this year.
• Peoria, Arizona
I am very excited haha I am hoping I get everything done haha!
@DesirousDreamer i am sure that you will
You sound so excited and I'm happy for you. Making gifts is an awesome idea and I'm sure everyone will be happy with their present.
• Peoria, Arizona
I am happy because I love making things for people and I love being busy and creative!
Good luck there.thank goodness this is all passe to me.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you haha
You are getting there slow but sure! Some of us never grow up. I will put myself in that category.
• Peoria, Arizona
Phss I am never going to grow up, I just have to do grown up things because the law tells me to.
@CinnamonGrl (5796)
• Paradise, California
Nice, isn't it? I was going to send cards this year, but "broke" ensued, lol. I'm going to have to leave that part out of the ritual. This year will be especially nice because it's my year to have Christmas with my son and daughter in law. They'll be coming here from Santa Fe. I think they should be here EVERY year, since her parents live in Santa Fe and they see them all the time. BUT that' s not the way it works, lol. I remember when I got my first job and was so happy to be able to buy gifts with my own fundage. What an awesome feeling!
• Peoria, Arizona
I just don't know enough people to send cards out to haha maybe I will stop being a chicken and ask for addresses next year haha I just feel so creepy doing that. I do have money, but I know not everything would come in on time and I have no idea when I would be able to see everyone again haha but it is still a fun feeling!
@hereandthere (24198)
i'm sure your nieces will be pleased with those dolls. i'm actually excited for them!
• Peoria, Arizona
I hope so! I always wanted to make them dolls.
@dodoazo (11335)
I admire your gift-giving plan. You're not only a caring and loving fellow but also a generous one. I know you will be blessed for as what the Holy Scripture says, "It's more blessed to give than to receive."
• Peoria, Arizona
I love making and giving things. and since I never done it before with my step family, it will surely be something different!
@peachpurple (10707)
Have a great time
• Peoria, Arizona
Going to do my best haha
@peachpurple (10707)
@DesirousDreamer what did you did today?
Those gifts that are made by someone really turn out to be the most memorable gifts.
• Peoria, Arizona
Here is hoping haha!
That is alot to do, but since its all handmade, itll mean so much more
• Peoria, Arizona
I will not be bored for the next couple weeks haha!
@DesirousDreamer and thats good also
@cahaya1983 (9705)
I think DIY gifts are the best, plus they can save money too. I love receiving handmade gifts, to me it shows the effort that a person puts into making them.
• Peoria, Arizona
When someone is thoughtful and enjoys handmade things, sure! haha hopefully they like them all, even if they don't...I'll have some nice practice and pretty pictures to put up!
• Marion, Kansas
You sound like a happy person in this post, like you are relishing being busy.
• Peoria, Arizona
I have never been a person to like relaxing haha I like being busy, I love doing things with my hands and creating things. So yes, I am very happy!
I make my own birthday and Christmas cards. If you have time you can do that.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is awesome. I don't think I will have time haha all these projects take a lot of time.