I Need More Time......

Yesterday I had the day off of work. So, it being this time of the year I put up the Christmas tree. We just purchased it a few days ago, so I was looking forward to seeing how it fit into the space. I'm not really happy with the tree itself, it seems so sparse, but I guess we're stuck with it for the next few years. I do need some more time to get the garland and decorations out and on it. What do you think?
the tree looks fine to me. Are you going to put a ornament on the top?
None of the ornaments are unpacked, not even the tree skirt! We have an angel for the top, I cannot reach it, but my husband will get the step stool out and put Queenie-as we refer to her as, out and up on the tree. We'll get around to all of that this weekend. Do you have your tree up yet?
@Juliaacv we do not have one any more here.
@amadeo Why not.......where will Santa put your gifts?
That is what I think as well. If you open up the branches more down and out it will fill up.
That's my weakness but my husband does so well at that task. It dries out my skin too much, so I let him do that and he does the decorations that I cannot reach.
@Juliaacv Oh that is good then.
I think it will be even more beautiful when you put the ornaments on it.
We'll get around to decorating it this weekend. We like to do that together. And he'll fix the branches, I've just set it up and now it needs to be more of a joint effort.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
It looks fine with the lights on I`m sure more gifts under it
I never put the gifts under it until Christmas eve. I vacuum 2 or 3 times a week, and if the gifts were there I'd be less likely to clean so often.
@peachpurple (10708)
Actually it is a tall tree exCept for some holes here and there
My husband needs to fluff out the branches before we decorate it.
@peachpurple (10708)
@Juliaacv maybe the branches were chopped off?
@peachpurple No you have to fluff out the branches on an artificial tree as they flatten them for packing.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
Yea a few more decorations and it will be fine.
Can you imagine? I haven't even unpacked those boxes as of yet. We moved twice this year. We'll wait to decorate it on the weekend when we're here together and can do it with both my hubs and I.
@fishtiger58 (30716)
• Momence, Illinois
@Juliaacv I can imagine, I have boxes I haven't unpacked and I have been here 15 years, guess I don't need that stuff lol.
@fishtiger58 We will eliminate a lot of our decorations as we go thru them. There are always charities that are happy to accept them to sell in their second hand stores.
@WriterAI (3814)
• Bulgaria
It's a nice tree. Have a nice time! Greetings from Bulgaria!
Thanks!
@WriterAI (3814)
• Bulgaria
@Juliaacv You are welcome! By the way Bulgarians for the second day since yesterday, Dec 1st, could enter Canada without any visas.
@WriterAI Congratulations and welcome, are you coming over too?
@Morleyhunt (16729)
I pulled out the box with my snowmen and my nativity scene. Now to open the box.
Bit by bit right? I have so many decorations that are still packed. And as soon as the holidays are over you'll be packing yours for your move.
@Morleyhunt (16729)
@Juliaacv I'm thinking there will be some culling done as I start to pack it up after Christmas.
@Morleyhunt Its surprising how much we accumulate over the years that we really can live without or someone else in the family may enjoy.
It looks alright to me. But bet you'll wnjoy it more after its finished
Yes, fluffing the branches isn't my thing, so my hubs will do that and then we'll put the ornaments on together.
@Juliaacv ahh good.
When you will add some tinsels and decorations it will look great.
Hopefully it will, Ron has to fluff out the branches first.
@Juliaacv On Sunday I go down in the basement and take out our tree and decorations.
You just have the adjust the branches a bit and it will look just fine once you get on all the ornaments.
My husband fluffs the branches, I'm not good at doing that.
@Juliaacv that is good then
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I think once it is decorated it'll look better.
My husband will fluff the branches and we'll decorate it on the weekend.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Juliaacv I'll do mine next week
Once you get it decorated it won't look sparse. It's a nice tree.
Thanks, it came with the lights already strung on it. But even our tree skirt is still packed away with the decorations. We used to have 2 trees when we were in our large home, so I have so many decorations. I love to put some birds on them, they just bring a tree to life for me.
@Juliaacv That should be pretty. Mine is also pre-lit.
@YrNemo (8657)
I think I have a similar tree but ours have more decorations on it, that's all. Our lighting is not too good, I will have to buy another set.
My husband needs to fluff out the branches and then on the weekend we'll decorate it. He likes the way I put the strands of beads on it and then we share the task of putting the ornaments up together.
I think it looks lovely. Just the right size to me.
I was actually ready to get a smaller 3 foot tall table top tree, but my husband insisted on a regular sized one. Next time......
The tree looks like it fits perfectly in that space and I'm sure once you get it all decorated it will be fine. I got a new tree this year too and it's standing in my living room without decorations. I've only started digging all that stuff out and have quite a mess
I think it will be even more beautiful once decorated!
Thanks. Its a few days away though until completion. Ron and I plan on digging thru our Christmas tote boxes this Saturday. I love doing that together.
It will be fine once everything is put on it.
Have you put your tree up yet? We have so many decorations packed away still. I'm excited for the weekend so that we can go thru them together, I almost forget some of the goodies packed away in those boxes.
Yes, it could use a bit more filling, but I think when you decorate it, it will fill up and look nice.
Thanks. Getting the end table and floor planter of live plants out of that area and set up somewhere else were a big part of the tree set up. The actual tree came in 3 pieces with the stand as the fourth piece. The lights were already strung on it, which is handy. Its 7.5 feet tall, a bit big for our space, but it looks like we'll have to endure it for the next few years as it was on sale but still pricey.