Frustrated with a couple of friends who are also co-workers

Pleasant Hill, California
Ever been in a situation where you work with friends, but are frustrated with what they're doing on the job? One is my immediate boss at the preschool. Yesterday, she shooed me away a she was dealing with a favorite kid of mine, a 2 1/2-year old who was crying and had been for 15 minutes. She's been micro-managing us, and I kind of wish she's just stay out of the classroom! Another is an Administrator for whom English is a second language. I'm transferring my medical insurance to the preschool, and she's making it really difficult by giving me incomplete instructions and then dumping things back on me when she makes a booboo. Oh well, this too shall pass. The image is of Mark Twain's daughter, Susy, taken in 1873. Her expression reflects how I feel right now.
As my only co-worker (and Boss) has been my husband during all my life, I have not big experiences of dealing with other people. I understand that some situations are frustrating.
• Pleasant Hill, California
If everyone does their job, and does it well, things usually turn out OK. Is your husband a good boss?
@TheHorse My husband is a strict boss, he is a perfectionist, so he does not stand to see even the smallest imperfection when I do something. This does not mean that he is not a good boss.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@LadyDuck I am a perfectionist too when it comes to "business," whether it be speaker refinishing, college teaching, or working with kids.
As a special education teacher, I was always disappointed and frustrated by regular education teachers who felt they needed to tell me how to provide support for my special education students who were mainstreamed into their classrooms. I ignored them and did what I knew was best, but I sure did not appreciate their interference.
• Marion, Kansas
In some ways it has not gotten any better.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Many of the older kids I work with are (one-on-one in the afternoons) are in Special Education. But I don't deal with their teachers that often.
@GardenGerty One teacher interfered far too often regarding the support I was providing for my students, and I told my principal I was pulling my students from that classroom and would teach the subject matter myself. My principal granted my request.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Just think of how much the kiddos love you. You're right this too shall pass.
• Pleasant Hill, California
That keeps me going.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@TheHorse Good. I know you're making a difference in their lives
It sure shall but it's not nice..
that is a pain...I also have one co-worker that drives me up the wall sometimes, she’s just a teacher same as I am but she’s approaching retirement and she thinks she knows it all that she’s always in everyone’s business...and the worst part of it all is that our principal listens to her without weighing the facts first! But I’ve learned to just shake her off and avoid her all together, and if she oversteps on my rights well I fight back...by smiling and pointing out that it is absolutely none of business...
• Pleasant Hill, California
Does she accept that it is none of her business?
@vandana7 (57495)
@TheHorse ...It is kind of difficult to tell others that. They take it as offense. Sigh...I have tried all the methods, and so I have realized best way is to rationalize, and if they don't accept the truths, then be nasty because it means they understand and realize and are still obtuse.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@vandana7 Yep. I'm going to do what I can, let it go, and just do my job.
@fishtiger58 (30737)
• Momence, Illinois
Thankfully no I have never worked with friends. Doesn't sound like an ideal situation for you right now. Yup that expression on Susy's face bout says it all.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Susy was a kid with attitude. I think that's why she was Mark Twain's "favorite."
• Rochester, New York
I miss working in daycare, but I don't miss dealing with stuff like that. The director was always coming into the classrooms and disrupting things. Crying children are the worst I hope the little one was ok.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yep. People coming into the room can't know WHY the child is crying. Just back off and let the teacher(s) handle it.
@Diamond55 (122)
I hope your medical aid gets sorted out soon. All the best.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks. I don't want a texting driver to squish me when I'm uninsured.
that is a great photo there.Sorry to hear this.Hope you can work it out.
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
The word "pish" comes to mind. More of an expletive, actually. I feel for ya.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah, I'll survive it. I think.
@pgntwo (21736)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@TheHorse Pretty sure you will...
@peachpurple (11003)
When this happens, you can get things done smoothly
• Pleasant Hill, California
I just keep on keeping on until it gets resolved.
In terms of "now", I don't work but I do volunteer in the mornings in my son's classroom. There are a few other moms that I enjoy chatting with, but oh they drive me nuts when we all volunteer together. Of course one has to feel like the leader and another is just too slow with things. It's more than that - but I bite my lip.
@dodoazo (11248)
I have retired from my teaching and school supervisory and administrative job for 25 years. My frustrations, disgust, ill comfort or misunderstanding among my co employees are so many as the sand in the seashore, but I overcame all of them by ignoring them
@katsmeow1213 (28927)
Reminded me of something I went through during band season (my kids are in band and I help out). I was in charge of the group of youngest kids, and they gave me a helper and the helper was a mother hen type of person and I didn't like how she was doing things. Band season is now over... so as you said, this too shall pass.
I never could stand micro managers. Lots of them in the Army, though. Had no choice.
I've never had a problem working with friends or administrators that were friends. Lucky me. Good luck to you.
I make it a point to never be too friendly to co-workers, and never work with friends or family members. Call me anything you want, I don't mind.
• Marion, Kansas
This time of year is hard and some people get tied up in knots over it. Insurance details are the pits in any language.
Working with friends doesn't always work out. I hope all this 'passes' shortly.
• Eugene, Oregon
Sounds like those two can be a daily irritation.