Good morning this fine Thursday all my lotters!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It is another day today; The day started out quite chilly and dreary. But in the last half hour, the sun started to shine so perhaps today won't be so bad. It is supposed to be chilly but seasonable. in the 40's in temperature. On Tuesday we got up to 64 degrees and lots of sun!! I don't have many plans for today. I do have my peer counselor, Jamie, coming to help me cook which is something we do one day a week. I am also doing laundry which will take two loads as i had too much to fit it all in the washing machine! What are your plans for the day? Anything exciting happening for you today? I am having a quiet day at home after Jamie leaves. just my kitty cat, Onyx and me! The way I like it the best! He is such a charming kitty cat! He thinks Jamie has a crush on him because she calls him handsome because he is so handsome!
Have a wonderful day! Cook something yummy!
I hope you have a wonderful day, too! We made something that looks and smells really yummy! It is called Taco skillet supper. Ground beef, taco seasoning but we added uncooked pasta (it boiled in the water we added to the skillet )and kidney beans, sour cream, and cheese. I never made a recipe where the noodles weren't cooked yet and boiled in a skillet
@Marty1 that sounds really good
@Marilynda1225 I think it will be good as it certainly smells good and looks totally yummy! i will add more shredded cheddar cheese on the top when i taste it for dinner soon. I didn't taste it yet
@fishtiger58 (30737)
• Momence, Illinois
So whats for eats?? I have to plan something to cook today but as of yet I haven't come up with anything. I wish I wasn't such a picky eater. I know what I don't want lol. Have a great day.
I am finding myself to be less of a picky eater now that I can cook myself because I can try whatever recipe i wish. I love to try new to me foods and never repeat recipe as there are soo many to try! We made taco skillet supper, and it had taco seasoning with ground beef, pasta, kidney beans, sour cream, and cheese melted on top, i have not tried it yet, but it looks and smells yummy! it will be for dinner! It is in the refrigerator waiting to reheat for dinner!
@fishtiger58 (30737)
• Momence, Illinois
@Marty1 that does sound pretty darn good
@fishtiger58 It was heavenly! I added even more cheese than the amount called for in recipe i put on when it was still in the skillet, and that made it even better! As my peer counselor says, there can never be too much cheese to add to a recipe!
Good morning sweet Jennifer. Glad to hear you are having a good day. Give Onyx some hugs and kisses for me. I am work all day. Just on my lunch break now.
Onyx says thanks to Aunt Laurel for the hugs and kisses he enjoyed them! Did you have a good lunch? i had a roast beef sandwich i defrosted the other day and had to eat it before it spoiled. It is almost the weekend so don't forget to smile for that reason!
@Marty1 I had leftover spaghetti and meat sauce from yesterday's dinner. It was good. Glad Onyx enjoyed the kisses and hugs from his Auntie xo I will be smiling more when tomorrow gets here! :)
@Happy2BeMe I made spaghetti on Tuesday but made mine with meatballs that were frozen ones i just put in the oven for 20 minutes. Eventually one day I will make homemade ones. I am sure i will see the bean tomorrow night coming all the way down here from Canada !!!! That is coming soon there are only a few more hours left of work today!
I am dancing to my sons for now. It' the best of the day for me. No chores at all but folding laundry and that is not happening today.
No chores sound like an excellent day for you! I will have to fold laundry too as i have a load in the dryer and a load in the washing machine but don't know if any will go away today! Lucky if i bring them up from the basement today!
@Marty1 Oh your brave to wash in the basement. Oh I would be scared.
@sharon6345 I have no problem on going to the basement I go a lot and have no other places to wash them =)
A nice and quiet day here too. So glad you have some nice weather coming our way. We have lots of sunshine here. Onyx is a one of a kind kitty cat, for sure!!!
It got warmer outside the more today as the afternoon came but the sun went away, and it is very dark in the house now as i don't put on a lot of lights. Yes i agree Onyx is one of a kind! i could never find a kitty cat as special as him! He is sleeping on the bed in his room right as he goes there when I am not in bed. He will be in our bed a little later than when i go too bed as i go to sleep alone and wake up or have him wake me up on our bed. How are your sister's cats doing? How is Molly? Onyx sends meows to the cats and Molly, and lots of love being sent west!
@Marty1 Sis's cats are good. Miss Murphy is age 19, Edward had to have a few teeth pulled because he is age 15, Frankie Lynn is healthy as can be, and Chubs is just fat!! Molly is good. We have to set an alarm at night because we have almost forgotten to give her the thyroid medication. She wasn't playing ball before the medication, but she loves playing ball now because she feels so much better. Love you!!! Hugs from Molly and me to you and Onyx!!!
@Corbin5 I didn 't know they pull cat's teeth? How old is Frankie Lynn? She sounds younger, and I am glad she is so healthy! I think Onyx is going to be a fat cat too as my sister said he is growing. If he grows into his paws and tail, he is going to be a big cat when he gets into his adult years! he is getting heavier i notice when I pick him up! Glad Molly is doing well! Glad you set that alarm for her medication!! Onyx likes to roll balls around on the floor but does not play with a ball as a dog does. So happy as she sounds like the medication is really helping her! Onyx and i love you and Molly too!
Good morning.Just finishing baking.It is cold but bright and sunny.Not too bad. Good morning to Onyx
OOh, what did you bake today? i will be making Christmas cookies to bake to take to my aunt and Uncle's house where we will celebrate with the family on Christmas eve! Do you bake goodies for Christmas? I made Taco skillet supper today! I may bake pumpkin brownies sometime soon! They are supposed to be a healthy recipe for a brownie!
@Marty1 I just made some biscotti.Any chance did you see my post on this?
I bet Onyx has exciting plans for the day: snoozing!
Oh, you know Onyx so well! He spends so much time sleeping in the afternoon and morning that when it comes time for me to go to sleep, he doesn't go to sleep right away on our bed. i wake up naturally and see him sleeping next to me or else he is waking me up at 2 am!!!
@Marty1 Late at night is when cats love to prowl.
@JohnRoberts that must be what Onyx is doing at noght. I hear him moving around the house and sometimes he plays with a rubber ball rolling it off the wall right outside our room! the first time i got nervous and thought it was a knock on the door after dark ! i do not open the door unless the person visiting calls me first
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
What are you guys cooking today? I will send you the cheesecake recipe tonight when I get home from work..
Thank you om the cheesecake recipe! We made a new to me recipe i got from the internet called "taco skillet supper" it was ground beef with taco seasoning, and we added kidney beans, sour cream and cheese melted on top. It was interesting as i added 2 1/2 cups of uncooked pasta and then we added water to the skillet and the pasta boiled in that water! I am waiting for dinner to eat it but it sure smells and looks good!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marty1 that sounds interesting
@thislittlepennyearns I found it interesting as i always boil water in a separate pot and add it to the recipe already cooked. I think it will taste good as it smells and looks great! Do you ever repeat a recipe? I try to use a new recipe every time i cook something from scratch. I do make things like hot dogs again etc...
I guess Onyx is getting quite big now.
I sent my sister an email today with a picture of Onyx, and she wrote back he is growing so much, but i guess it is because I see him every day, but i don't notice him getting bigger. But if he grows into his paws and tail he is going to be a big cat when he gets older!
@ebanreb (4747)
Good morning to you also. Enjoy your day and keep safe
Thank you! Right now it is night time, but i promise to enjoy my day tomorrow, and i will be safe as I have nothing to do tomorrow that would put me in potentially unsafe situations! Hope you have a super day! Is it a daytime for you now? it is 10:30 at night here!
@ebanreb (4747)
@Marty1 Yeah everyday is a suoer day despite hectic schedule from work. Thank you keep safe
@ebanreb I agree i think everyday i am alive is great! Even though my kitten us playing with his ball that has a bell in it right by me and i can't hear the talk show i am listening to on the radio! but i am not mad as i adore him so much! have a good day!
What are you cooking today? We took my cousins 3 girls to get tgeir pictures done then came home and been watching tv and now the trolls movie
i made a taco skillet supper. It had ground beef and taco seasoning and the recipe called for kidney beans, uncooked pasta which amazingly was boiled when i added 2 1/4 cups of water and let it boil then i let it boil covered for 12 minutes, and then I sprinkled cheese on it. I admit i did add more cheese when I put a serving on my plate to heat it up for dinner i added extra shredded cheddar cheese! It was so yummy! were the picture you had of your cousin's three girls for a Christmas card to show off the three cuties?
@Marty1 ooh that sounds goood. They were supposed to be for christmas cards but my cousin didnt have enough money to do cards so just got prints
@Marty1 no, you have to order / buy them just like the sheets of prints. But can also order cards online so may see how much for them and surprise her.
Sounds like a productive day for you! We are in the high 70s . . . a bit chilly in the morning but nearly too warm the rest of the day. I just found out our library books are overdue - so guess where we're going after school!
It eas productive!!! i had a great time cooking as i love to do that! I had an overdue book at the library when I went Monday, and the librarian told me to wait until next week when they are accepting nonperishable foods for fines. I bought the book back that day, so no more adding on to the fine and o get to help the hungry with food. i was going to bring food anyway, so it is a win-win situation!
@Marty1 Wow, well that's a good "deal" . . . I'd rather donate food than pay for these fines (and it will be a hefty one when we get there - like in a half hour). And donating food will be for good for those in need in the community. What did you end up cooking today?
@Marty1 That sounds really good . . . and I love how there's actually pasta in it!
@bunnybon7 (33075)
• Holiday, Florida
glad you are having your visit with a friend. and the kitty likes her too. I have been trying to get my meds down and got to trot to the kitchen now to get food and take a break, its late already. 1 pm noon here
Hope you get those meds down.My kitty cat likes most people as he is very friendly naturally! It is almost 1:30 pm here, and i already ate a roast beef sandwich defrosted for lunch as I for some reason brought it out when i knew i was cooking a few days this week had to eat it before it went bad
@bunnybon7 (33075)
• Holiday, Florida
@Marty1 that's funny. I had that too but bought a while back from the deli by daughter
@bunnybon7 was your sandwich good? Mine was yummy! I forgot to add mine came from Arby's, but when I was shopping Wednesday I did buy a package of deli roast beef along with ham! have a great evening!
@peachpurple (10998)
It is laundry day for me too, weather was kind, I did two Washing today
i washed two loads. One is on the bed in the spare room, and the other is in the dryer! Don't know when i will get to put them away! i love doing laundry but hate putting it away!
@peachpurple (10998)
@Marty1 folding is the major task. And putting them away into the drawers too
@peachpurple I agree with you completely! I have towels and clothes sitting on the bed in the spare room from last week I still have not tackled them. I may try today if I get bored and have nothing else to do! The great thing about living myself with a kitty cat, of course, is i am under no pressure to put them away!! Nobody is waiting for something in the wash!
@Shiva49 (9617)
Hope you had a good day as planned. Mine is more relaxed and since I am retired I spend my time leisurely. I log in here as often as I can to catch up on my posts and also respond - siva
Thank you! I am not retired but also don't work; I do not have much to do and spend my time on my lot. Hope you have time to do what you enjoy most today! i have no plans was thinking about the library but was there Monday, and this coming Monday is going to be very nice in weather so will go then! have a great day!
@Shiva49 (9617)
@Marty1 I know you like to read a lot of books. I am mostly on the computer nowadays - siva
It was a pretty routine day. It sounds like you had a good day!
Yes, it was a great day!! Most of my days are great! i MAY take a book back to the library Friday as it will be relatively warm at 49 degrees but lots of sun.
@Marty1 Glad you enjoyed it...it is going to be getting colder so you might as well get out while you can!
@snowy22315 i will probably be going to the library all winter as I love the place! I will just go in the winter on days when it is not really too cold. i just have one book to take back only, but i figure i will go back even though i was just there Monday of this week to get out of the house and enjoy the sunny weather!
@cahaya1983 (9595)
I already got laundry and cleaning out of the way so it has been quite productive. About to have lunch in a while and then enjoy whatever is left of my Friday. Enjoy the bonding time!
That is good you got those chores done! I got the two loads of laundry washed and dried, But they are sitting on the bed in the spare room waiting to be put away! i will put them away when I start to need whatever is in the pile
@rina110383 (23071)
Work for the entire day. I intend to finish a lot today.
I hope you get lots done today. I am almost done with my day as it is already 3 pm here i am going to be settling down for the day soon and do my pre-bedtime ritual!
I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying your adventures in cooking. I have to agree that Onyx is one handsome fella
I told Onyc that Aunt Marilyn thinks he is handsome and he blushed bright red! i adore cooking!! Jamie tells me i am doing so much better since we started cooking together!!! i will never be as good as my sister who is a super cook though i am afraid she eats out most nights as she works full time and has a husband and son to take care of them. But when she cooks yummy!